Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview at some of the places coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- New Spanish tapas, Carmen (922 Queen Street West) is currently in a soft opening phase with the official opening planned for Sunday, April 7th.
- Seven Lives could open their first stand alone taquerĂa as early as this Saturday, April 6th at 69 Kensington Avenue.
- Grasslands (478 Queen Street West) started serving dinner last week in the revamped site of Fressen. The vegan restaurant plans to expand the menu to include lunch and brunch in the coming weeks.
- Jatujak is now open in Scarborough at 1466 Kingston Road Toronto. Thai style street food menu is available for takeout and delivery.
- Italian restaurant, Cibo Wine Bar is slated to towards the end of May or in early June in the former site of Alimento Fine Foods at 522 King Street West. The Miami based brand is opening its first international outpost under the ownership of Toronto's Liberty Entertainment Group.
- The Kathi Roll Express is set to offer an eclectic streetfood menu when it opens in the coming weeks at 692 Yonge Street. The main feature is to be their namesake sandwich, the Kathi Roll, a griddled Indian flat bread sandwiches stuffed with veggies or meats.
- Woods Restaurant is to open at 45 Colborne Street, formerly home to Colborne Lane. Bruce Woods (Modus Ristorante) and Robin Singh (Pravda) hope to open the new restaurant by the end of April for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
- C5 at the ROM has announced that April 30th will be its last service before the space is put up for tender for a new restaurant to takeover.
- Etobicoke steakhouse, 1800 Degrees (3058 Bloor Street West) has posted notice that it is no longer in business and a new restaurant is slated to open this month.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo of Sean Riehl from Seven Lives