Mother's Day brunch in Toronto 2014
Mother's Day brunch in Toronto is always a busy time for restaurants around the city. To avoid leaving mom disappointed, a little advance planning is always a good idea and will save you the displeasure of queuing up in front of some overcrowded brunch mecca or greasy spoon for her mimosa and eggs. Indulge that special lady in your life on Sunday, May 11th with special menus and decadent buffet brunches on offer for just this occasion.
Here are my picks for the top Toronto restaurants to treat Mom for brunch on Mother's Day. Note: I've excluded restaurants that are no longer taking reservations or additional guests at the time of this posting.
- The Gladstone Hotel is accepting reservations for a la carte brunch in the cafe between 8am and 4pm, or settle in for some live bluegrass at the Acoustic Family Brunch Buffet in the ballroom ($16/adults, $10/kids).
- Frank Restaurant at the AGO is doing a brunch tricked out with serving stations including raclette, seafood, carved roasts, a fresh squeezed juice bar, and more. The brunch runs from 11am to 3:30pm; adults eat for $75, children ages 6 to 10 eat for $20, and ages five or younger eat for $12 at the kids station.
- Stock Restaurant hosts a Mother's Day buffet brunch in the grand ballroom featuring a selection of their most delectable signature dishes. Adults dine for $75 while children under 12 are $39.
- Spice Route is offering an alternative, in case brunch isn't really mum's thing. The special All You Can Eat Asian Feast is $24 per person from noon until 10pm.
- Epic Restaurant, the opulent restaurant at the Fairmont Royal York, celebrates moms with a brunch buffet ($89/adults, $44.50/children), live piano music and roaming professional photographers ready to take a family photo keepsake.
- The Drake Hotel accommodates early birds with delectable brunch starting at 9am. Served in the lounge, a three-course prix fixe for $42.50 will offer selections including fried chicken 'n' waffles, lobster tartine and truffled mushroom and goat cheese omelettes. Moms get a surprise treat to take home too.
- Cafe Boulud, the famed French cafe at the base of the Four Seasons, is offering special three-course prix fixe menus for brunch ($70/adults, $32/children) and dinner ($85). The morning menu features fine fare like tarte flambee and oeufs meurette, while evening selections include lobster salad and sear foie gras
- TOCA at the Ritz-Carlton will be serving up a decadent seasonal brunch featuring selections from the seafood and antipasti bar, breakfast basket and charcuterie boards. Indulge your mom and yourself for $98 per person.
MORE TOP PICKS
- Bestellen is well stocked for a celebratory brunch with bubbly, oysters and even fresh sugar-dusted donuts on offer.
- The Beverley Hotel is ready to feed your whole family with luxe options for grownups - think eggs benny or lobster and grits - and a $9 brunch menu thoughtfully designed for the little ones in your life.
- Cafe Belong at the Evergreen Brick Works offers a serene setting to share a meal with mom.
- Edward's (formerly Edward Levesque's Kitchen) in Leslieville is sure to impress Mom with its eclectic made-from-scratch menu that uses top-notch ingredients.
- Mildred's Temple Kitchen is very mom-appropriate thanks to its cozy interior, polished service and famed daytime menu.
- Origin's two locations (on King East and in Bayview Village) offer an elegant setting, with brunch menus featuring fancy French toast options (like one with duck confit and blueberries).
- Table 17 is a Queen East favourite, but luckily, they take reservations at brunch. Take Mom here to enjoy quiche or pain dore and toast over $5 cocktails.
- The Best Restaurants that take Reservations for Brunch in Toronto
- The Best Splurge Brunch in Toronto
- The top 50 brunch restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Brunch in Toronto
Photo of Edward's by Jesse Milns.