Baju at the Monarch Tavern is the newest venture by Zane Caplansky, Toronto's smoked meat maven, who has built something of an institution with both his celebrated deli and his...
Borealia on Ossington is a novel 45-seat restaurant devoted to revitalizing and modernizing the historic cuisines of native, early settlers and subsequent waves of immigrants to Canada. Newly opened by proprietors...
Eulalie's Corner Store is a new spot in Little India to head for a nosh and a tipple. Tucked away on Ashdale at Gerrard (there's a big arrow sign that...
Iberia-Sur is a new family-run restaurant at College and Ossington that aims to meld Argentinian and Portuguese cuisine into one harmonious (and delicious) whole. The spot represents a lifelong dream...
Duggan's Brewery Parkdale isn't owner Mike Duggan's first trip to the rodeo. Having been involved with brewing beer in some form or another since he was in his twenties, Duggan...
Korean Cowboy opened two months ago in the space formerly occupied by the sports bar Main Event at Yonge and Eglinton, and based on its quirky name alone my interest...
Ricci's Pizzeria & Sandwich Shoppe in Woodbridge might look slick, but it's actually an old school joint with a pedigree and reputation earned over 25 years of serving sandwiches at...
The Contender is the latest in a recent wave of sports bars to hit Dundas West, joining The Dock Ellis and The Derby, both further west, and Opera Bob's, just...
Pizzeria Libretto has opened a Financial District outpost, a massive dining hall on University at King that will serve as a bastion for business lunches. The third location of Rocco...
Ovest Cucina e Vineria is a massive (4,700 square foot) Italian restaurant on King West helmed by Sicilian chef Luca Stracquadanio (ex-Terroni) and general manager, Marco Celio (ex-Buca). The 120-seat restaurant...
K&K Food Stand is the second location in a growing family of "meatless, wheatless" grab-and-go eateries catering to health-conscious downtown lunch crowds. Like the original franchise, Kupfert & Kim, the...
Maha's is a new Egyptian brunch spot that's been on Greenwood, just north of Gerrard, for a little over a month. It's the kind of space where you almost feel...
Loaded Pierogi (not to be confused with The Saucy Pierogi) is a newly opened restaurant and vodka bar located at the base of Church Street where Great Burger Kitchen used...
Queen Margherita Pizza has finally opened the doors to its Dundas West outpost after two years in the making. It's the third outpost for the fast-expanding brand of Neapolitan-style pizzerias...
Johnny's Hamburgers is kind of like an old high school friend, one I haven't seen in far too long but remember fondly from good times past. I'm sure as a...
Bitondo's is a tiny, old school pizzeria located on Clinton, a residential street removed from the bustle of Little Italy's main drag. It's a strictly take-out operation, which you'd think...
Nana is finally open on Queen after more than a year of teasing to its potential, with papered windows advertising absurd concepts like New Delhi Burgers, Sammy's Sammies, and...
The Borough opened about a month ago on an up-and-coming stretch of Danforth East between Greenwood and Coxwell that has already welcomed places like Red Rocket, The Wren and Sweet...
Han Ba Tang is a newly-opened Korean restaurant and bar in North York, featuring traditional ingredients with a modern twist as well as innovative cocktails. The restaurant's name actually means...
Kaiju is a small fast-food stall hidden away in a dismal, mostly empty basement food court that's part of the new Shops at Aura under the Aura condo building at...
Find a restaurant
Use the filters below to show just the restaurants you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Restaurants by Category
Find Restaurants by Neighbourhood
- Annex (125)
- Avenue and Lawrence (20)
- Baldwin Village (41)
- Bayview and Leaside (32)
- Beaches (56)
- Bloor West Village (40)
- Bloorcourt (45)
- Bloordale Village (19)
- Cabbagetown (48)
- Castlefield Design District (1)
- Chinatown (69)
- Church Wellesley Village (37)
- Corktown (16)
- Corso Italia (23)
- Danforth (128)
- Distillery District (10)
- Don Mills (17)
- Dundas West (44)
- East Chinatown (14)
- East York (41)
- Eglinton West (42)
- Etobicoke (185)
- Financial District (112)
- Forest Hill Village (4)
- Harbourfront (23)
- High Park (11)
- Junction (37)
- Junction Triangle (12)
- Kensington Market (52)
- King East (68)
- King West (97)
- Koreatown (51)
- Leslieville (59)
- Liberty Village (30)
- Little India (17)
- Little Italy (102)
- Markham (98)
- Mississauga (36)
- Mount Pleasant (26)
- North York (304)
- Ossington (22)
- Other (64)
- Pape Village (15)
- Parkdale (39)
- Port Lands (2)
- Queen West (102)
- Richmond Hill (85)
- Riverside (20)
- Roncesvalles Village (33)
- Rosedale (16)
- Scarborough (244)
- St. Clair West (61)
- St. Lawrence Market (14)
- Upper Beaches (16)
- West Queen West (55)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (26)
- Woodbridge (35)
- Yonge & Bloor (46)
- Yonge & College (31)
- Yonge & Dundas (103)
- Yonge & Eglinton (99)
- Yonge & Lawrence (25)
- Yonge & St. Clair (35)
- Yonge & Wellesley (49)
- Yorkville (64)
Look up restaurants on the go.
- Scratch Kitchen I have a sneaking suspicion you just bit the bait.
- Mare Pizzeria The slices are excellent, some of the best around. They use great cheese and the thin crust is a nicely balance, not overwhelming me with mouthfuls of dry bread as...
- Souv Like Very nice food in the heart of the danforth
- Chew Chew's Diner Food was okay. A little underwhelming. But all of the staff were extremely friendly!
- Indian Roti House I love the mutter paneer roti.
- Iberia-Sur Sorry, but the food is not good. Definetly overpriced for the quality of food. We had the grilled calamari but the salad was overdressed and too sour. The flank steak...
- Da Foo Seafood Cuisine Portions are good, especially for the price. The siu mai is huge! Also love the spare ribs with olive on rice.
- Matsuda Japanese Cuisine I recommend the mango rolls, chicken skewers, and the mango yogurts. Service is OK. Sometimes they might give less than you ordered - I find it hard to keep track...
- Pai Ate here it was pretty good but busy and waitress was not a looker and was not showing any skin. When will restaurants understand we want fun and entertainment not...
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern Thanks for the tip, Sean! I'll check it out.
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern Did you even try the food? Everything you've said to describe the food is completely inaccurate.
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern Well everyone here can't be wrong. Glad that there is one thing everyone can agree on. Hopefully the owner reads this and changes his practices.
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern I don't think anyone's trying to destroy anyone's business we all know Zane Caplansky's ego is too big for that to happen. He has a successful Smoked meat business and...
- Bukhara Grill Dropped in around 8:30pm to get a take out. Ordered Chicken Tikka, Naan, rice and Chicken Jafrezi. It took around 25 minutes to make, which I didn't mind as I had...
- Scratch Kitchen Child haters vs Parents.Both comments by Hasselhoff and Kerry were out of line, the only difference between the two is that Kerry expressed her hate for children. She could of...
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern This is the first brutally honest review I've read from BlogTO. I got to say that it is refreshing to see that not everything on here is painted as amazing....
- Sorella Toronto Where have you been all my life. The best I have ever had. Keep it up.
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern Zane Caplansky's name is known is thanks to his amazing PR team. (no idea who they are) Otherwise, anyone who's actually sampled his food knows he's nothing but a publicity joke....
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern Not surprised Caplansky's is awful.
- Scratch Kitchen Dear Kerry - Thank you! I'm fully with you. I would rather eat my shoe that be forced to brunch next to a screaming baby or a toddler...
- Caplansky's Deli Zane, is that you?
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern Went there 2 weeks ago and was REALLY REALLY excited to try it. I was also REALLY hungry and deep fried cardboard would have sufficed. I agree with everything this review...
- Scratch Kitchen Please, how mean and miserable are you to comment about children. Yes Hasselhoff did come across as entitled but not all parents are like that including myself. Keep your hating...
- Scratch Kitchen Keep the $1 an ounce wine coming, like to watch this one unfold.
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern I went there a week and a half ago. I had the pulled pork (sans gross, unappealing white bread), and my partner had the deep fried mac and cheese. The BBQ...
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern I ate here and thought everything was great. All the meat was tender, moist and flavourful. Maybe this was an off-night. Maybe I'm okay with no yuppies flocking to Baju.
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern AAA smokes offsite because they use a true Barrel smoker that has to be outside.... no place for that beside condos and hotels downtown. Go to their sister restaurant Mr...
- Maha's We went in there with high hopes for the food and ready to wait a longer time for it. Surprisingly there was no waiting involved for a 2 person table...
- Baju at the Monarch Tavern AAA is a hipster pseudo dive with bad food not even smoked onsite and even worse service. Try AFT if you want both great BBQ at much better value for...
- Scratch Kitchen Are you serious dude -- the world does not start and stop with your progeny -- in fact there are those of us who hate the hordes of bratty Toronto...
Most Commented On
- The Burger's Priest 175 Comments
- Ortolan 169 Comments
- Gangster Burger 157 Comments
- Caplansky's Deli 122 Comments
- Poutini's House of Poutine 108 Comments
- Cheesewerks 104 Comments
- The Grilled Cheese 101 Comments
- Terroni 88 Comments
- Burger Bar 85 Comments
- Edward Levesque's Kitchen 83 Comments
- Smoque N Bones 80 Comments
- Electric Mud BBQ 78 Comments
- Chippy's Fish & Chips 77 Comments
- The Rude Boy 77 Comments
- Fry Haus 77 Comments
- Kenzo Ramen 71 Comments
- Banh Mi Boys 71 Comments
- Gandhi Roti 70 Comments
- Craft Burger Keeps It Simple 69 Comments
- Richtree Natural Market 68 Comments
- The Burger's Priest (Yonge St.) 67 Comments
- Toucan Taco Bar 67 Comments
- P&L Burger 67 Comments
- Sky Blue Sky Sandwich Company 66 Comments
- The Bristol Yard 66 Comments
- North of Brooklyn Pizzeria 66 Comments
- Momofuku Toronto 66 Comments
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries (Yonge St.) 66 Comments
- Buddha Pie 64 Comments
- W Burger Bar 64 Comments
- The Best Pizza Slice in Toronto
- The Best Steak Frites in Toronto
- The Best Vintage Furniture Stores in Toronto
- The Best Cheap Eats in Woodbridge
- The Best Latin American Cafes and Bakeries in Toronto
- The Best Ethiopian Restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Hakka Restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Meatball Sandwiches in Toronto
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- Toronto Food Events: Riverside Antler Breakfast, IRIE Christmas, Chrismukkah, Yum Cha, Tin Chef
- Toronto Restaurant Openings: Citta, Uncle Tony's, CC Lounge, Queen St. Warehouse, CJ's Deli, Drupati's
- The top 30 deadpool in Toronto from 2014
- 10 restaurants you can buy right now in Toronto
- Table 17 owners tapped for Broadview Hotel restaurant
- Beer Academy to be replaced by Creemore brewpub
- The top 25 restaurants for New Year's dinner in Toronto
- This Week on DineSafe: The Yukon, Vesta Lunch, Piazza Manna, ChickenLicious, Asian Bowl