- Spiceman Mexicana, featuring an opening menu from chef Greg Couillard, is now open at 596 College Street. Look forward to tacquito sliders, chili, and mahi mahi tacos.
- Campechano Taqueria at 504 Adelaide Street West (formerly Sadie's Diner) is now open for business and serving up tacos loaded with spit-roasted pork, chorizo, and various guisado (stewed meats).
- 70 Down on Yorkville Avenue has relaunched with a Middle Eastern tapas-style menu.
- Japanese-American snack food purveyor Imanishi Japanese Kitchen has already made a name for itself as a pop-up and now has a permanent home at 1330 Dundas Street West.
- The Wickson Social from the folks behind The Queen & Beaver and The Oxley is now open at 5 St. Joseph Street.
- Newly opened Korean BBQ joint Kasai Grill House is now open at 650 College Street.
- Nawab Fusion Grill has opened a compact second location called Nawab Express at 1753 Avenue Road.
- Italian coffee bar Zaza Espresso has opened another location at 200 King Street West.
"The objective for us is to have a bigger production kitchen," says chef and founder Bashir Munye. He has been working out of a series of rented kitchens and starting December 1, he'll be located at 1372 Queen Street East at the corner of Greenwood in Leslieville. He'll be there until April 1.
Here are my picks for where to get a great poutine in Toronto by neighbourhood.
That's a question Ryan Ringer posed on Facebook a few weeks back. He co-owns the relatively new Bloordale cafe and cocktail bar Grey Tiger along with Becky Ip.
The restaurant announced its swift departure from the Toronto food scene on social media earlier today. Though short-lived, its meat-centric menu and selection of craft beer will be missed on the College Street strip. Here's what Buster Rhino's Toronto had to say on Instagram.
As Andrea Williams spotted on Twitter, the Stockyards will soon be home to Toronto's first Nations. The small grocery chain, which lies under the larger Oceans Fresh Food Market banner, already has two locations: one in Vaughan and another in Hamilton.