Music open mics in Toronto are a great way for aspiring musicians to show off their chops. If you’re itching to test out new material, or want to get more comfortable performing your music, open mics are a great, low stakes way to do that.
Here's a roundup of music open mic nights in Toronto by day of the week.
- Painted Lady has an open mic hosted by Kunle sometimes accompanied by The Great Monday Night Magic Band. Sign up at 8 p.m. sharp. Two songs per performer. All genres welcome.
- Noonan's Pub hosts an open mic from 7:30 p.m. till 10:30 p.m.
- Clinton's Acoustic Open Mic's has an online sign up through their Facebook page or an in-person sign up at 8 p.m.
- Lola in Kensington Market's open mic is hosted by Jacob Silva and gives 10 minute sets. Show starts at 7 p.m.
- Mandy's Bistro on the Danforth holds an open stage for anyone starting at 8 p.m. hosted by Mateo Chavez Lewis.
- Old Sod hosts an open mic starting at 8 p.m.
- B-Sides hosts an open mic every Wednesday. Sign up at 7 p.m. Show at 8 p.m. All genres welcome.
- TacoTaco's open mic starts at 8 p.m. and gives 10 minutes. They have a house guitar, keyboard and drum set along with the PA system and two mics.
- Free Times Cafe's dedicated music open mic that starts at 1 p.m. is hosted by Brian Gladstone.
- UP2SUM hosts an open mic at The Don for emerging artists, producers and fellow hustlers in the underground music ecosystem.
Lead photo by
Hector Vasquez at Mandy's Bistro