Mother's Day falls on Sunday, May 10 this year and if your celebration plans include mimosas and eggs, there's no better time than now to book a table. Whether indulging in a spring prix fixe, festive buffet, or a la carte menu, expect restaurants to be bustling reservations are advised.
Here are my top picks for where to take Mom for brunch this Mother's Day in Toronto.
- Colette Grand Cafe (550 Wellington St. West) is doing their usual indulgent brunch buffet with expanded seafood offerings priced at $75 per person.
- The Chase Fish & Oyster (10 Temperance St.) wants to treat mom to a brunch buffet priced at $60 per person, Meanwhile, The Chase will offer a prix fixe menu for $75.
- Montecito (299 Adelaide St. West) offers an all-you-can-eat brunch feast every Sunday, and Mother's Day is no exception. Expect a a special mom-inspired Spring menu featuring made-to-order pancakes and omelettes, home-baked pastries, and menu signatures like kale salad and fried chicken. Book a table for brunch, served from 11am to 3pm.
- TOCA at the Ritz-Carlton (181 Wellington St. West) is holding a Mother's Day Brunch featuring a special buffet for $98 per adult, and $48 per child.
- Casa Loma hosts a Mother's Day brunch buffet will feature a full seafood bar, oven baked frittatas, lobster ravioli and filet mignon, plus, miniature French pastries and tempura banana splits for desert. Adults can dine for $55 while children 13 and under eat for $35. Reservations are required.
PRIX FIXE MENUS
- The Geraldine (1564 Queen St. West) collaborates with Kitten & The Bear for a special Mother's Day high tea instead of their usual brunch service. Two seatings (at 10am and 1pm) are available for reservation to share in this spread featuring savoury and sweet towers, scones, jams, and clotted cream for $75 per person.
- Campagnolo (832 Dundas St. West) will offer a $45 prix fixe for Mother's Day brunch that opens with a basket of viennoiserie, followed by selections for starters and mains that including brunch time burrata, spring leek tart, scotch eggs, and chicken and waffles.
- Looking for something more unique? District Oven (842 College St.) is serving a mezze style Mother's Day brunch for the table. Priced at $22 per person, expect a chef's selection of dips and egg dishes with fresh baked pita. A la carte options are available too.
- Mildred's Temple Kitchen (85 Hanna Avenue, Suite 104) is serving brunch per usual between 9am and 3pm, as well as, offering a prix-fixe menu for $27.50. Seating is on a first-come first-serve basis. If brunch isn't Mom's thing, op for the Sunday Roast feast starting at 5:30pm.
- The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen St. West) is serving up a $36 prix fixe fit for a queen this Mother's Day. Mommy-to-be, Chef Feswick will offer selections like yogurt with preserves, blueberry buckwheat pancakes, and even steak and eggs.
- Globe Bistro is serving up a $29 prix fixe brunch menu for Mother's Day this year. The menu opens with fresh scones and preserved the offers selections over three course including a mix of breakfast and lunch foods.
- George Restaurant is serving up a three-course a la carte brunch menu from 11am to 2:30 on Mother's Day. Adults can dine $60, while kiddies eat for $15.
- Destingo (741 Queen St. West) is serving up a $35 prix fixe menu featuring selections like pastries or charcuterie to start, followed by a choice of egg dishes, pizzas and pastas, and then desserts.
- Auberge du Pommier (4150 Yonge St.) is serving brunch from 11am to 2:15pm featuring a three-course prix fixe for $55 that includes choices like salmon dill crepes and fresh-baked quiche.
BREAKFAST IN BED
- Planning breakfast in bed? Pre-order Mother's Day brunch from any Pusateri's location for pick-up. Catered packages include a five dish tasting menu plus fresh squeezed juices for $35 per person, while second package features shared plates like lemon-ricotta stuffed pancakes with maple blueberry syrup. Last-minute shoppers can pick up breakfasty selections in store the day of.
MORE TOP PICKS
- Thoroughbred Food & Drink (304 Richmond St. West) will treat moms to a complimentary box of truffles during brunch. Pre-order tiered platters of pastries, as well as selections from the from the la carte menu. Reservations are recommended.
- Patois (794 Dundas St. West) is collaborating with The Rolling Pin for Mother's Day weekend from May 8 to 10. In addition to the usual line-up of brunch foods, the Jamaican-Chinese restaurant will be selling a Pineapple Upside Down Donut along with a White Rabbit Candy Donut in support of a women's charity in honour of Mother's Day.
- The Good Son (1096 Queen St. West) wants to get your Mom day-drunk. Look forward to Cocktail Dim Sum featuring spins on classic brunch bevys, plus delicious brunch items like Southern fried chicken and maple waffles, or a wood-fired breakfast pizza.
- Gusto 101 (101 Portland) is adding fresh juices and avocado toast to their brunch menu, as well as offering a little chocolate truffle treat for Mum.
- THR & Co. (97 Harbord St.) recently launched an all new brunch menu featuring shrimp and grits, baked eggs, and buttermilk fried chicken. Expect celebratory menu specials on for Mother's Day too.
- Biff's Bistro (33 Yonge St.) is offering a special a la carte menu for the day featuring indulgent offerings such as quiche florentine and crepes Madame.
Photo from the patio at Auberge du Pommier by Jesse Milns.