What's open and closed on Good Friday 2015 in Toronto
- Government offices (post offices, City Hall and others) will be closed.
- Banks will be closed Friday to Sunday, with most resuming service on Monday.
- Canada Post offices are closed and there is no mail collection or delivery
- Toronto Public Library branches will be closed on Friday and Sunday, but open regular hours on Saturday
- St. Lawrence Market is closed Good Friday.
- The TTC and GO Transit will operate on the holiday service schedule.
Most shopping malls (Yorkdale, Fairview, Sherway Gardens, Scarborough Town Centre, Vaughan Mills) and retail stores will be closed - although there's usually some unexpected openings, so call ahead.
- The Eaton Centre is open 10am to 6pm on Good Friday.
- Pacific Mall - open 11am to 9pm
Call ahead to restaurants as many are taking the day off at their own discretion.
Fish and chip shops will be in their element on this customary fish-eating day. Check out our best of list for where to go, or take a look at our directory of Toronto fish and chip shops here.
See also: 10 restaurants to eat Easter brunch in Toronto for 2015
Major chains and grocers like No Frills, Fresh Co., Loblaws, Metro, T&T, and Galleria Supermarket will be closed, with a few confirmed exceptions listed below:
- Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens (60 Carlton St.) is open 10am to 6pm on Good Friday.
- Metro (444 Yonge St.) - open from 9am
- Whole Foods Yorkville (87 Avenue Rd.) - open 10am to 6pm.
- T&T Supermarkets (9255 Woodbine Ave.) - open 9am to 12am; (7070 Warden Ave.) - open 9am to 12am
- Pusateri's (57 Yorkville) - open 7:30am to 6pm; (1539 Avenue Rd.) - open 8am to 6pm; (2901 Bayview Ave.) open 9am to 6pm.
- Arz Fine Foods (1909 Lawrence Ave. East) - 9:30am to 6:30pm 8am-8pm
- Rabba's (various locations) - open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont St., at Davenport) - open 24 hours
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor St. West) - open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West) - 6am to 12am
- Kitchen Table (389 Spadina Rd.) - 7am to 12am
- Kitchen Table (595 Bay St., at Atrium on Bay) - 6:30am to 12am
- Kitchen Table (705 King St. W.) - 6am to 2am
- San Remo (74 Royal York Rd.) - open 8am to 6pm
- Bloor Street Market (55 Bloor St. West) - open 11am to 6pm
- All Beer Stores and LCBO stores are closed.
Did we leave something out? Please let us know in the comments section below.