We have an immediate opening for a Videographer to join the blogTO team. In this role, the successful applicant will create daily video content for the site and our social platforms.
This is a full time, contract position. The ideal candidate should be a strong visual storyteller with expert camera, sound and editing skills and the aptitude to create engaging and sharable content daily.
What you will be doing
The basic function of the role will be to create short Watch How to Make videos of food/drink items at local businesses similar to the format we've already established. You can find examples on our Facebook page.
In addition, you will be tasked with creating additional types of videos - concept and format TBD.
- At least 1 year of professional experience creating video for digital media.
- Strong shooting capabilities and expert editing skills with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop. Bonus points for After Effects expertise and capabilities with animation and motion graphics.
- You must have your own camera, sound and editing equipment/software.
- A keen interest and expert knowledge of many of the subject areas we cover on the site, especially food, restaurants and nightlife.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- You are flexible to take on evening and weekend work as required.
- You are willing and able to travel to all areas of the GTA to shoot video.
- You are highly organized and have a keen attention to detail.
- You are willing to work independently and as part of a larger group.
- You have a solid understanding of what sort of video content works for web, mobile and social.
- You are able to quickly shoot and edit video content to meet minimum daily requirements.
How to apply
Send us an email to jobs [at] blogto [dotcom]. Include a link to your resume and video portfolio but we'd also like to get to know you a bit more.
- Tell us why you're applying for this position and why you're interested in joining the blogTO team.
- Highlight key experiences that have prepared you for this role.
- Demonstrate to us why you'd be an ideal candidate for this role.
- Send us some top line ideas of any additional types of video-based content you think the site should produce. Send us links, if applicable, to similar content from other digital media brands.
- Let us know how long you've lived in Toronto and what neighbourhoods you've lived in.
- Include your compensation expectations and earliest available start date.
We have an immediate need for a Videographer. The start date is as soon as possible but we will wait for the right candidate. Thanks in advance for your interest. We aim to respond to everyone who sends us a complete application as detailed above.