10 signs you grew up in Bolton
Bolton is a city is full of secrets. Though many claim Toronto as their home, a lot of stories start far north of Steeles right here in this sleepy suburb. Renowned for being a safe place to raise a family, many young adults skip town as soon as they save up for first and last month's rent.
Here are 10 signs you grew up in Bolton.
1. You know that Coffee Time was born in Bolton and you went there after every hockey practice.
2. You went to Jumbo Video for the free popcorn but always rented movies from Blockbuster.
3. You remember that Caledon Transit serviced two routes for a mere four months before collapsing from low ridership.
4. You know that Caruso's has the best pizza in town but always went to Baffo's because it was cheaper.
5. You could never quite explain what a tractor pull was to your cousins from out of town.
6. The smell of horse manure meant summertime was coming and, somehow, it started to grow on you.
7. You begged your parents to drive you to local record store Music 21 and buy you Bolton native Skye Sweetnam's debut CD single "Billy S."
8. Your teenage weekends were spent horsing around at a field party in Palgrave or at a ska show at Caledon East Community Centre.
9. You got nearly everything you owned at Stedman's V&S or Biway.
What signs did I miss? Add your suggestions to the comments.
Writing by L-SPEX / Photo by yeovilwon
Join the conversation Load comments