Today in Toronto: Ossington Stop Free Lunch, Ken Park + Zoo Owl, Open Roof, Vivian Maier, Clothing Swap
Today in Toronto The Ossington Stop wants to give you free lunch. "But it's not even on Ossington!" you say while chowing down on free Russian steamed bun with pork, cabbage, and carrot salad, Southern-style chicken n' waffles with honey garlic sauce, and baked BBQ side ribs with "deep goodness" slaw. You stare the gift horse in the mouth like it's the abyss and you're a first year philosophy student. Broke philosopher or not, do not forget to tip your server or may you forever free-fall in this abyss.
The Open Roof Fest is screening Frank featuring Michael Fassbender and a performance by bluesy Toronto band Catl. Fashion hunters can hit up Coal Miner's Daughter's birthday party on Queen West (giveaways!) or pony up $3 to attend a clothing swap at Evergreen Brick Works (11am-1pm). For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Food: Free Lunch at Ossington Stop (Ossington Stop)
- Film: Open Roof Festival (99 Sudbury)
- Art: Puzzling Overgrowth (Weird Things)
- Film: Shorts That Are Not Pants (Carlton Cinemas)
- Music: Ken Park and Zoo Owl (Milk Glass Co.)
- Art: Vivian Maier: Photographs of Children (Stephen Bulger Gallery)
- Fashion: CMD is 5 (Coal Miner's Daughter)
- Fashion: Summer Community Clothing Swap (Evergreen Brick Works)
- Art: Artist Talk with Tony Scherman (MOCCA)