Today in Toronto: Caribou + Jessy Lanza, RuPaul Trivia, Heritage Minutes, Culture Club, Mixed Company
Canadian kitsch-wise, do you miss those Heritage Minute clips? Carlton Cinema is going to show them all, or at least a lot of them. If you can't wait until December to pull out your ugly cat sweater, there's also this. For more events, click on over to our events section.
Here's what you'll find yourself stuffing plastic bags in your boots for in Toronto this week.
Toronto Mini Maker Faire
Head to the Toronto Reference Library this weekend for Maker Faire to find over 100 exhibits plus workshops, yarn bombing, 3D printing, and the rampant overuse of the word "maker" as a substitute for "person who does stuff." The best part? It's totally free. Think about what you want to 3D print beforehand to avoid that glazed, overwhelmed look all 3D printing workshop tutors know too well. Saturday, Nov 22 - Sunday Nov 23, Toronto Reference Library (789 Yonge Street).
Thursday art openings include Neubacher Shor in Parkdale showing Jen Mann's enormous works, with titles like "garbage selfie," on canvas, and local gutter goth label Deth Records will hosting a tech inspired art show at The White House in Kensington Market. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Film: Regent Park Film Festival (Daniel's Spectrum)
- Music: NDY2014 Pre-Gig!: DiE, S.H.I.T., VCR, Conundrum (S.H.I.B.G.B.'s)
- Lit: Little Brother presents What We Talk About: A Lecture Series. Witchy Women Edition (Drake)
- Lit: Best Canadian Poetry Reading Series: Coach House Books (Windup Bird Cafe)
- Film: MDFF and The Seventh Art present Sangre and Person to Person (Camera)
Today in Toronto: Just Eat It, shopAGO Trunk Shows, Grilled Cheese Fundraiser, Nu Music Nite, Interpol
OCAD's print program is pretty stellar, and you can support them all day by buying your very favourite thing: grilled cheese. Chaos and waste will likely not ensue. If you're feeling blue about yourself, there's also free therapy. I cannot confirm the value of free therapy. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Food/Film: Just Eat It: A Food Waste Story (Bloor Hot Docs Cinema)
- Music: Nu Music Nite (Horseshoe Tavern)
- Fashion/Lifestyle: shopAGO Exclusive Holiday Trunk Shows (AGO)
- Film: Flood Tide (Cinecycle)
- Food/Art: Print Thesis Grilled Cheese Fundraiser (OCAD)
- Music: Damien Rice (Danforth Music Hall)