Friday, December 19, 2014Mostly Cloudy -2°C
Opening Soon

Guu owners to open new ramen restaurant on Baldwin

Posted by Derek Flack / May 10, 2012

Kinton RamenFor every Wild Wing there's a promising new ramen joint? If only the world was so kind. But at least that's the case for Baldwin Village, where the owners of Guu Izakaya and Guu SakaBar have decided to open up their third Toronto location, Kinton Ramen, just down the street from where the corporate wing palace is also ready to set up shop.

Chef Masaru Ogasawara tipped us off to his desire to open another location when we spoke with him back in March, saying that they might "open up the third one by the end of this year or the beginning of next year," but either he was being coy or the timeline accelerated rather rapidly over the last couple of months. Either way, fans of Japanese noodles — which ultimately make up a fairly small portion of the current Guu menus — have reason to celebrate.

According to a sign on the door at the near-complete restaurant at 51 Baldwin Street, the opening date is set for Friday, May 18 (though NOW reports that it's actually Monday). The patio doesn't look too shabby either. And if noodles aren't your thing, there's always Wild Wing.

Bravo Guu / May 10, 2012 at 12:22 pm
Hooray! I love hoppy beer at the Markham zoo!
Folk Remedy replying to a comment from Bravo Guu / May 10, 2012 at 01:13 pm
No need beer at Markham zoo! Much shark fin tiger penis soup is to be had. Happy happy fun time! Bring own flask of sake if need drinking drinking!
Jenny Lee / May 10, 2012 at 02:28 pm
They have best ramen in town. All fresh, and ready to eat. Just slurp your dreams away. I have been to many noodle house in world, and I honestly say this is most delicious and warm-hearted place.

Staff very nice and very friendly. Prices is very good too. So good, for so little. Try them today, and you will be so much pleased.
Justin / May 10, 2012 at 03:27 pm
It'll never be as good as Ippudo but I am very much looking forward to trying this place.
slurp... slurp... replying to a comment from Justin / May 10, 2012 at 04:24 pm
Agree - Ippudo is the best! (in Tokyo and NYC)
John Kimble / May 10, 2012 at 09:25 pm
You give me the names of your drug suppliers and distributors... and I'll tell the judge what a nice, co-operative killer you are.
jnyyz / May 14, 2012 at 09:16 pm
Ate there tonight. The ramen is very good. Better than Kenzo or Ajisen in my opinion.

ramen fan / May 18, 2012 at 01:00 pm
this place is an organization nightmare with still a lot of kinks to work out. I gave up after waiting 50 minutes for 1 bowl of ramen. They served 4 people who arrived AFTER I did. When I complained, they apologized and continued to serve others who were after me. I'm sure the ramen is good but I would not eat here unless you have an hour to wait for your food.
Ashley Smith / September 30, 2014 at 03:21 pm
As small coffee shop owners we have used Classic Promotions & Premiums for our menu printing for over five years. They have never failed to exceed our expectations. You can check them out at http://www.classicpromotionsdirect.com