Thursday, October 30, 2014Mostly Cloudy 6°C

Mayor Rob Ford doesn't use the internet

Posted by Aubrey Jax / May 16, 2014

Rob Ford internetApparently the one person who hasn't been enjoying Rob Ford memes, joke sites, Twitter banter, party glam shots, cartoons, and strange online DIY merchandise is Rob Ford himself. In response to a Freedom of Information request for summer 2013, City Hall told the Toronto Sun that while Rob Ford does have a computer on his desk, he hasn't been using it. Ever. Doug Ford explains: "He doesn't go on the Internet... he doesn't turn on a computer. He's just not into it." I guess that means Rob Ford isn't the one who's been tweeting out our music posts, which gives me some solace.

A burning question arises: upon his inevitable return, who's going to show Rob the Taiwanese animations first?

Crystal Ball / May 16, 2014 at 10:55 am
You know, in retrospect, that over-the-top Taiwanese animation from May 2013 turned out to be stunningly accurate.
jack / May 16, 2014 at 10:55 am
Rob doesn't use the internet because it would expose his incompetence. He only ever answer questions with responses that have been prepared for him, no doubt by his brother, Doug.
Torontonian / May 16, 2014 at 10:55 am
He's not the first public officer
to not use a computer. In the Harris-
Eves government, Elizabeth Witmer--
a minister of education or colleges and
universities never used the computer supplied
to her office.

It was the first Liberal minister of education
who let the cat out of the bag.
r / May 16, 2014 at 10:58 am
I'm sure he'd use a computer if it dispensed alcohol or drugs.
canuckone / May 16, 2014 at 11:35 am
Just when I was getting used to not reading about this loser... can the media drop him for awhile???

Dan / May 16, 2014 at 11:40 am
There is a world outside of the internet, you all remember that?

ROB FORD ON CRACK / May 16, 2014 at 11:55 am
I was just thinking: When will another Ford post appear on BlogTO? It's been a few days they must be losing visitors. :)
Kathy Ford / May 16, 2014 at 12:05 pm
I use the 'net to order toothbrushes...and drugs. Nothing else...except bullet-proof face shields from Donald Sterling's girlfriend.
Rob Ford / May 16, 2014 at 12:07 pm
I do use the Inter-net to keep up with Mel Gibson, Donald Sterling and the KluKluxKlan.
Rob Ford / May 16, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Ooops! I forgot! Must be drug-induced amnesia! I also use the Inter-Net to sell Renata on an hourly basis.
Dr. Kukko / May 16, 2014 at 12:12 pm
I agree with Irwin Mimico. I would appreciate an in depth story about...Irwin Mimico, Supporter of Ford Bigotry. Why does Irwin countenance bigotry? Oerhaps because Kathy Ford stole toothbrushes for him?
Spencer / May 16, 2014 at 12:15 pm
Wow, that was the first time I've seen the Taiwanese animations. Hilarious!
KevinN / May 16, 2014 at 12:20 pm
He doesn't use the internet wow. Total news story.
Phil Resch / May 16, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Wow. To all you posters who think this story is unimportant ... you do realize that computers are used for more than just the internet, right? He is in charge of the largest urban economy and largest budget in the country. Email. Spreadsheets. Budgets. Reports. Computers are essential for these things. You can't work on budget figures for an economy of this size on the back of a napkin. It is so very clear now that whenever he spouts of dollar amounts and other figures that he is totally making it up. I had always assumed, so it is nice to have proof. It is 2014. It is unacceptable for someone in that position to be a luddite.

Ray / May 16, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Wow there are millions of people in the world that don't use the internet. Thousands in this city that don't use the internet.

Those of us old enough, remember we survived just the same without the internet as we do with.
sean replying to a comment from canuckone / May 16, 2014 at 12:43 pm
... / May 16, 2014 at 12:58 pm
this kind of makes me like him.
Jordan replying to a comment from Ray / May 16, 2014 at 01:19 pm
How many of those people are chief magistrate of their country's largest city? Come on, this isn't some hokey "kids these days" situation where old people get to be smug about lazy whippersnappers and their gizmos and gadgets. The Mayor of Toronto cannot possibly do a satisfactory job of managing the city without using a computer or the Internet.
steve replying to a comment from Ray / May 16, 2014 at 01:25 pm
Yes you can survive without using a computer or accessing the internet, but you cannot run a multi billion dollar budget and 1000's of employees without one.
b / May 16, 2014 at 01:30 pm
And why would should anyone believe this? I say it's bullshit.
W. K. Lis / May 16, 2014 at 02:20 pm
Rob Ford born 1969, aged 44. Offices have had computers (terminals) since the late 1970's. My guess is that he doesn't even know how to type on a typewriter either.
CW replying to a comment from b / May 16, 2014 at 02:24 pm
People believe it because Doug Ford explains: "He doesn't go on the Internet... he doesn't turn on a computer. He's just not into it."
Amin Massoudi / May 16, 2014 at 02:25 pm
RoFo couldnt turn on a laptop if one was in front of him. Renata checked his emails at home. DoFo printed out canned answers to questions he memorized while driving to work. And Diane had to labell everything for him with post-it notes. She still keeps the ones for gis toilet-"pull this to flush", "wipe buttocks with this paper" and my favorite, "put this on your tadpole before you fuck Kathy, Randy, Doug or the dog in the buttocks". And it was NOT a condom byt KY jelly. The whole Fird family needs rehab. Fuck them, I hope they all fly on a personal jet which crashes in the Andes. Bet you they would all eat each other.
CC / May 16, 2014 at 02:46 pm
A friend of mine told me that when he visited city hall, there was an iMac on Ford's desk with a printout of the Blue Jays schedule taped over the monitor. One of the assistants there said the computer was there from Miller's days, and Ford has never turned it on. Ever.
Inesse replying to a comment from Irwin Mimico / May 16, 2014 at 03:21 pm
RoFo is NOT gone or in rehab apparently:
Irwin "Derp"" Mimico / May 16, 2014 at 03:36 pm
Chirp, tweet, cheep
PUREBS / May 16, 2014 at 03:57 pm
Well if ROFO has NEVER used the computer, then I guess he wouldn't mind handing over the computer and all associated data files...all portable hard-drives and USB Keys, and his cellphone records over to the Project Brazen dudes then would he.

While no doubt he probably is borderline retarded and can barely turn the thing on---I am pretty sure he has at least sent out the odd Drunk And On Drugs Happy Funtime Hour email or text.

Irwin Mimico / May 16, 2014 at 06:16 pm
Oh and also I dont care if Ford isnt in rehab anymore!! He deserves a break from the left wing media always hounding him. He's the bestest mayor any city has ever had evar!!1! He's saved us a billion dollars and if you crybabies can't handle that then thats too bad!!!! I bet he even saved a trillion dollars but Mayor Ford is to humble to admit it.
Irwin Mimico & Rob Ford / May 16, 2014 at 07:01 pm
Lovers
Irwin "Derp"" Mimico / May 16, 2014 at 07:04 pm
Peep! Cheep Cheep! Tweet!
Irwin BIGOT Mimico / May 16, 2014 at 07:05 pm
Irwin HATES!
Davy Gravy replying to a comment from Dan / May 16, 2014 at 08:53 pm
Thanks for jumping on the internet to tell us that, Dan.
p replying to a comment from Ray / May 16, 2014 at 09:05 pm
you are very wrong.
Rob Ford / May 16, 2014 at 10:13 pm
What's all this about me not usin' da 'net?
Bill Rye, The Bread Guy / May 17, 2014 at 11:03 am
"There is a world outside of thee internet". No Dan, there isn't, except in book, movies, etc. I believe you are living in a fantasy world. Take the blue pill.
Uri N. Ation / May 17, 2014 at 12:05 pm
I suggest Rob & Irwin get married and lobby for the legalisation of public urination, recreational drugs, bigotry @ work/housing, etc., wife abuse and drunk driving - except in Mimico, where they would remain illegal. Cement plant usages in Mimico would remain legal, as would all illegal immigration.
Sick and Tired / May 17, 2014 at 02:47 pm
Blog T. O your journalisim is truly low grade. You morons are writing about Toronto squirrels? My god if it wasn't for Rob Ford you idiots would have nothing to write about.
Rocky the Squirrel / May 17, 2014 at 04:54 pm
Bullwinkle and I would like to lodge a complaint about all the articles about blowhard humans. MORE SQUIRREL ARTICLES!
Irweenee Mimicoco / May 18, 2014 at 12:12 pm
Knock, knock...Who's there?... Cement plant...Cement plant who?...Cement plant Irwenis Mimicocis, a plant in the cement plant. Water Me!
V. Stifano / May 18, 2014 at 05:34 pm
I endorse Rob Ford for Mayor! He's my little bunny wabbit. I endorse Irwin Mimico for Cement Plant mouse.
Gabriel / May 19, 2014 at 12:58 am
I'm glad Mr. Mayor does't waste time on the internet! Its over hyped. He needs to work with the city Grass Roots!
Irlose "Derp"" Mimico / May 19, 2014 at 06:32 am
Cheep! Peep! Tweet!
Gabrielnut / May 20, 2014 at 09:37 am
Rob Ford wastes his time drinking, using drugs, driving drunk, screwing prostitutes, visiting TCHC and recovering from hangovers! He can't waste any more than 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
I'm glad Mr. Mayor doesn't waste time... / May 20, 2014 at 10:13 pm
...putting together complete policy positions on all-or any-important municipal issues.
I'm glad Mr. Mayor doesn't waste time... / May 20, 2014 at 10:18 pm
...talking to police about his crimes.
Bidding War / May 21, 2014 at 03:42 pm
Diane Ford, Doug Ford, Kathy Ford and Randy Ford will all have their homes expropriated for group homes, to be called Ford Homes for the Autistic Teenager.
MinistryofFiction / May 21, 2014 at 03:51 pm
Rob Ford is a family man. Feminist women are bctvces.

But you can't simply go out and get dates by approaching Toronto women or trying to pick them up, because of the feminist movement.
Kathy Ford / May 21, 2014 at 04:51 pm
You can approach me...as long as you have lots of toothbrushes and don't shoot me, in the face. I do have standards!
Toronto in home personal trainer / May 21, 2014 at 05:23 pm
Not too surprising, and probably a good thing that he doesn't see all the coverage on himself.
Now that you mention it... / May 22, 2014 at 03:12 pm
PUREBS > Sounds good to me. While they're at it, they should get the province to hand in their hard drives and cell phone records too. Oh right...they were wiped. My aren't police officers friendly with politicians in this province.
Dr. Freud / May 26, 2014 at 09:54 am
Irwin Mimico is Rob Ford's alter ego. Weak, unable to function, Irwin "calls" Rob to do something about a fictional cement plant. Unable to accept his sexuality and his love of his mother, Irwin sublimates his urges for the worship of Dale Goldhawk. Cheep, twerp, tweet indeed!
Dr. Jung / May 26, 2014 at 07:49 pm
Irwin Mimico is Rob Ford's anima. Ford is the dream monster of our collective childhood tribal memory.