Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Delicious Food Show is on this weekend from October 25th to 27th at the Better Living Centre. The exhibition will bring together celebrity chefs and local food purveyors as well as offer demos, tastings, workshops and book signings.
- OktoberFEAST2013 will bring together top brewers and food trucks at the Evergreen Brickworks (550 Bayview Avenue) on Friday, October 25th at 5pm. Tickets are $25 at the door. Proceeds will benefit the Canadian Cancer Society.
- The Junction Pumpkin Fest will happen at the Junction Train Platform on Saturday, October 26th from 10am to 6pm. The family friendly event will feature pumpkin carving, activities and treats.
- Le Dolci (1006 Dundas Street West) is hosting a Halloween cupcake decorating workshop ($80), on Saturday, October 26th from 10am to noon.
- The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen Street West) hosts a zombie brunch on Saturday, October 26th.
- The Rhino (1249 Queen Street West) along with Canadian Beer News and the yet-to-launch, Canadian Cider News present The Rhino Fall Beer & Cider Festival on Sunday, October 27th. Advance tickets are $25 (with early entry and 5 sample tickets) but general admission is free starting at 1pm.
- The Justeat.ca Campus Championship takes place at the Drake Hotel (1150 Queen Street West) on Monday, October 28th. The competitive eating challenge will award $5,000 (+$20K in prizes for the winner's campus) to the student who can consume the most pizza squares in three minutes.
- DeathRowMeals presents Youngblood, a multi-course meal inspired by rural '80s hockey culture, hosted at the ACC's Hot Stove Club on November 10th at 6pm.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) presents a 3-chef collaboration for the Sunday, November 10th edition of the Rusholme Park Supper Club. Fall in Brazil by Erica Bernhardt, Haley Polinsky & Sarah MacLean will feature three course feast for $40.
- Bite Bar (57 Elm Street) is offering complimentary cupcakes all day on Saturday, October 25th in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Me & Mine (1144 College Street) is offering a special Halloween Prix Fixe on Thursday, October 31. The $50 dinner features spooky-sounding menu. Costumes encouraged.
- To celebrate Fashion Week, The Shore Club will be offering a $50 Prix Fixe Menu to all MasterCard holders.
- The World Food Day Action Against Hunger campaign continues until Tuesday, October 30th. Over a dozen Toronto restaurants including Caplansky's, Loire, Ici Bistro and Hey Meatball (to name just a few) are offering to add a voluntary donation to the bill in support of the humanitarian organization.
Photo from our review of the Happy Hooker, one of the participants at the Delicious Food Show