This should be invisible

carbon monoxide poisoning

Mysterious carbon monoxide poisoning incident kills at Bridle Path mansion in Toronto

In a bizarre and terrifying incident, one Toronto resident has died and four more have been injured from carbon monoxide poisoning in the city's luxe Bridle Path neighbourhood.

In what could be described as one of everyone's worst fears, extremely high levels of the odourless, tasteless, and all around imperceptible gas somehow leaked into a home on Suncrest Drive near Leslie and Lawrence.

The incident occurred in the late hours of the evening on Monday, just before 9 p.m.

Police, paramedics and fire crews responded to the scene, with officers having to go in and rescue people from the home, injuring themselves in the process.

Two officers are now in hospital as a result, as are an unnamed man, who is in critical condition, along with an older woman and a teenager, who are both in serious condition but are expected to recover, per Global News.

Another man whose identity has not been disclosed was found in the home without vital signs was later pronounced dead.

How the leak started is remains unknown and is still being investigated, but it is definitely a shock to the exclusive neighbourhood, which is currently home to celebrities like Drake and where homes go for tens of millions of dollars.

Lead photo by

@tiofotografo


Join the conversation Load comments

Latest in City

Video shows someone riding their tiny scooter on a busy Toronto highway

Toronto business out $50K after same couple breaks into string of rental shops

Almost 100K pieces of plastic trash removed from Toronto harbour in just 4 months

Toronto school bus falls into 10-foot sinkhole

Ontario is currently hiring for a ton of positions that make around $100K

Man arrested for hitting nine different Toronto banks during armed robbery spree

Toronto cop taking heat for arguing with random strangers on social media

Blow-up dolls confuse and delight TTC riders on random Toronto subway trains