10 signs you grew up in Orangeville
Orangeville occupies that intermediary distance from Toronto in which it's no longer a suburb but still remains defined by the presence of the city to south. The heart of Dufferin County, it's a sleepy place to grow up where most kids pine to relocate to Toronto once they've saved enough money.
Here are 10 signs you grew up in Orangeville.
1. At least one of your scars has a story behind it that involves Murray's Mountain.
2. You know that the popper bottle was invented in Orangeville, no matter how apocryphal that claim to fame may be.
3. The only non-food related Italian in your vocabulary is "sans sordino."
4. All the high school bullies were lacrosse players.
5. You'll never trust the media because of how much it distorted "the ODSS Fight Club."
6. It took forever to take your G/G2 road test(s) because every other city books their students' road tests in Orangeville so they can avoid being tested on a real highway.
7. Private security has banned you from the Galaxy Cinema and Tim Hortons parking lots.
8. You regard Second Cup as one or all of the following: the height of urban sophistication; an impressive place to take your Plenty of Fish dates to; a cool job to have until you've saved enough money to move to Toronto.
9. While you've never met Orangeville's greatest sons, former WWE wrestlers the Edge and Christian Cage, you'll gladly tell anyone who'll listen which of their family members you've met. For the record, Christian's Dad was my grade seven gym teacher and the Edge's uncle was the manager at my first job.
10. No matter when you were born, you still speak with authority about the tornado of 1985.
Writing by Theo Marcoux.
Photo by Jean Not on Flickr.
Join the conversation Load comments