We Will Rock You is Looking for Rockers
The press release starts off with "Do You Think You Can Rock?" The line hardly draws you in. One doesn't think they can rock anyhow... either you ROCK, or you don't. Simple as that. Do you?
If you answered, "Yes!" to that question... keep moving along.
If you answered, "OHHH YEAAAHHHH!" (in fine rocker fashion -- or just kinda like the good ol' Macho Man) then read on. We Will Rock You, London's #1 musical, is holding Toronto auditions.
- singing ability
- late teens to early 30's
- all racial backgrounds are encouraged
- A current photo and resume stapled together.
- Be prepared to sing and possess good movement/dance skills to cover all principal roles.
- Be prepared to sing two contrasting rock or rock/pop songs that display voice and range. (No musical theatre tunes, please)
- A pianist will be provided. Please bring sheet music in your key.
- No previous professional experience is required.
- Members of the Canadian Actors' Equity Association will be seen first at all auditions.
Where & When:
- Saturday, November 11 (remember it! ha)
- Sign up between 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Auditions begin at 9:30am, on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Canadian Opera Company (227 Front Street East)
If you can't make the audition, but like rock n roll road-trips, you can attend further auditions in the following cities:
November 18, 2006 - Montreal
Ballet Divertimento, 3505 Durocher St. (corner Milton)
November 25 & 26, 2006 - Vancouver
Scotiabank Dance Centre, 677 Davie St.
The show is set to open March 14, 2007 at the Canon Theatre. Tickets go on sale later this month, on November 20th.
Need more info? Visit WeWillRockYou.ca or call the hotline @ 416-208-0637
Join the conversation Load comments