Today in Toronto: National Hot Dog Day, Sailor Jupiter, Female to "Male," Asphalt Watches, Post A Letter
Today in Toronto it's a pay day for freebie hunters: National Hot Dog Day means Fancy Franks are flipping dogs in support of SickKids - one free hot dog per person will be served on the College Street patio between 12-7pm. Summertime free screenings continue with The Lunchbox at Daniels Spectrum, and at Post A Letter Social Activity Club you can grab a drink and use WiseBar's writing supplies and stamps by donation to write an old fashioned fan letter to Drake. Just write "Drake, The 6" on the envelope.
Art opening wise, Toronto's Wynne Neilly has documented his transition from female to "male" every week. The quotation marks around the word "male" are Neilly's - his identity "is something fluid that cannot be easily defined by use of a single word" - he sees his gender transition as fluid and unending, rather than as a fixed "shift." See Neilly and Judy Ruzylo's opening at RIC. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Food: National Hot Dog Day: FREE Hot Dogs in Support of SickKids (Fancy Franks)
- Film: Outdoor Screening of The Lunchbox (Outside Daniels Spectrum)
- Letters Home: Post A Letter Social Activity Club (WiseBar)
- Art: The Thing About Objects (High Park Club)
- Film: 'Asphalt Watches' Screening and Q&A (AGO)
- Art: Opening Reception: Judy Ruzylo + Wynne Neilly (Ryerson Image Centre)
- Life drawing: Toons On Tap - Sailor Jupiter (Round)
Photo: Wynne Neilly: Female to Male