Thursday, December 18, 2014Cloudy -3°C
Music

Don't Eff with Jeffree Star

Posted by Ryan C / June 24, 2007

photos by Ryan Couldrey
June 29 update
A follow up article has been posted on blogTO. View it here.

June 26 update
I'm freezing the comments section of this entry as it's become a garbled mess haterade for all parties involved. Thanks for checking this entry out; the original content and updates are all being left in tact, as well as all comments posted up until this update. Expect more news later this week on the matter. -Ryan C

June 25 update
According to a new source, a Pride volunteer Jeffree Star freely admitted to punching a woman who didn't throw anything at him.

Star is reported to have said something along the lines of (I'm paraphrasing here) "She was with the two guys who were throwing the shit. I saw her [give him the finger] all night so when I got into the crowd I punched her in the face. I know she didn't throw anything, but she pissed me off".

This could easily be why Star got pimp smacked with the ban stick instead of praised for defending his and Pride's integrity. I'm believing this new source more than I trust Star, personally, and there's a reason or two for it, as well as the original article (from which I'd like to fully retract most of my positive statements) after the jump.

The original article is below. It seems that Star may have lied to us in the beginning, and let the truth slip later. Either one person or the other is lying, and something tells me Star has more to lose by admitting to punching a woman who didn't throw anything at him than a Pride Volunteer who'd never even heard of him before his set. Believe whichever story you will.

Also, I'd love to thank Perez Hilton for not only sending us some immediate link love, but also not even allowing comments on his own entry, ensuring that blogTO got lots of traffic for breaking the original story. I'd like to say that's how it should be done; thanks Perez. I'd like to NOT thank Jeffree Star, who subsequently copy and pasted the article, didn't link us, and even sourced the photos from our own server; in other words, our server usage went through the roof, and we didn't even get the visitors to show for it.

Class act my ass. -Ryan C

There are a number of unwritten rules and regulations that all concert and show attendees have to follow in order for everyone to have a good time. A few of them are as follows, but the list is by no means complete.

1) Don't get so drunk that you fall backwards into me and nearly spill both of your beers on my camera.

2) Don't get grabby with people who aren't in the mood to reciprocate.

3) Even if you're feeling like a Debbie Downer, don't get annoyed with people who're having a good time and aren't actually annoying.

4) Possibly most importantly, do not throw shit at the performers, lest you incur their wrath and they punch you in the face.

Number 4 is exactly what happened to Jeffree Star last night at the Pride South Stage...

I'd noticed a few things like water bottles and red bull cans flying onto the stage from the crowd. At first I thought it might've been someone's underwear or something, because seriously, who the hell throws full water bottles at a performer?

Assholes do. Silly me, should've known.

Jeffree Star has many, many fans. but, like the Howard Sterns of the world he also has a great many detractors. Whether it be because he dresses differently, sings songs about fucking straight guys, or because he's just really popular, some people will just search for excuses to hate him and other people like him.

Why this would be an issue at one of the premiere GLBT Pride festivals in North America, I don't know. It's the last place something like what happened to Star should ever happen. Pride is about a great many things to a great many people. For me, it's about everyone, no matter how they're dressed, how they act, or what "equipment" they have being everyone else's equal, and then celebrating that absolute fact.

If you throw shit at a performer at Pride, you deserve to have either your nuts or ovaries torn out and set on fire. The next best thing is to have your face punched in, which is exactly what Jeffree Star did when he finished his set. As it was ending, yet another piece of crap got chucked at him. One of his dancers pointed out who it was and Star flew like fucking Superman over the crowd railing and punched the chick who did it in the face.

Yup, Jeffree Star punched a woman. If I was in his position, I'd have done the same thing. There's absolutely no excuse for what she was doing, and what she got wasn't even enough of a payback. MuchMusic videographer Barb Milner told me it was "the most 'punk' thing [she'd] seen in years."
photos by Ryan Couldrey
And even after all that, Jeffree Star stuck around to sign autographs for his fans, where a lot of other performers would've stormed off in a huff and told their managers to go fuck Toronto. Like him, hate him, or just be indifferent about him, he's a class act all around. He'll be performing again at the Alexander Parkette "Alterna-Queer" Stage at 6:00 pm (???) tonight, June 24.

Photography by Ryan Couldrey. More shots can be seen over here.

ADDITION: I missed the actual punch, yes. This is as close as I could get. Star moves fast!

UPDATE!: This just in, Jeffree Star has been banned by Toronto Pride officials because of last night's clash. He will not be performing tonight at Alexandra Parkette.

jessica / June 24, 2007 at 12:24 pm
<font color=ff6699>o hay, I love jeffree star. he's fucking AMAZING & I respect him even more.
that kid / June 24, 2007 at 12:39 pm
those fucking douchebags >.> leave jstar alone
Britney / June 24, 2007 at 12:39 pm
jeffree your a amazing singer i love you i wish i was you and i cant belive that happened to you i would have done the same thing.
kea / June 24, 2007 at 12:41 pm
i glad jeff punched that bitch in the face! who tha fuck is she to be throwing shit anyway. if she doesnt like the star then she needs to roll the fuck out.

I LOVE YOU JEFFREE STAR! WOOOT!!
LaDonna / June 24, 2007 at 12:41 pm
How dare you do something low and pathetic like that? BITCH. She deserves to have a razor blade coated dildo shoved up her ass. If she was going to hate, why the fuck was she there? Nice move, Jeffree. We love you. <3
And he stayed after to sign autographs? That's class. <3
Colleen / June 24, 2007 at 12:41 pm
Jeffree Star is AMAZING!! Those bitches were just jealous.
Michelle / June 24, 2007 at 12:42 pm
thats some axl rose sebastian bach shit right there i love it
katt / June 24, 2007 at 12:42 pm
yeah fuck the guys who hate him <3
Miriam / June 24, 2007 at 12:42 pm
Jeffer star is awsome i dont know why people would want to throw shit at Jeffree Star. Jeffree is a cool and effin awsome person!!!!!!!!!!
jackie / June 24, 2007 at 12:43 pm
wth? why would they do that. I'm glad Jeffree punched her
Lynne / June 24, 2007 at 12:43 pm
Oh wow... Jeffree, we love you.

We really do. <3
Fazz-xx / June 24, 2007 at 12:43 pm
fuck yeah. go Jeffree. x
Kristiee / June 24, 2007 at 12:44 pm
jeffree star is the shitt

thats what they get for throwing shit at him

hiii / June 24, 2007 at 12:44 pm
jeffree star is a gay drag queen
he calls him self a maniquin but a maniquin is a doll thats not living so he should get his facts right he looks like a nob with flourecent pink hair and caked on makeu0p because beneith all that shit hair and makeup hes a truely ugly person inside and out i love tht woman who hit him shes doing what everyone else wants to do.
Alex / June 24, 2007 at 12:44 pm
go Jeffree! that bitch deserved what she got!
Katherine / June 24, 2007 at 12:44 pm
What the fuck is wrong with people these days?? You don't attend a show if you plan on throwing shit on the performers - I thought that was obvious. (Wish I had been there to witness the punch, though. Epic.)
Keeen? / June 24, 2007 at 12:45 pm
AHAHA I WANNA SEE :D
lol.

THATS AMAZING :D
How Jeffree wasnt afriad to jump offstage and beat the sh@&%#$ out of her :D

Other peformers would get security, they cant stand up for themselves :D
diana / June 24, 2007 at 12:45 pm
I only wish you had it on video...LOL
Violetta / June 24, 2007 at 12:45 pm
As many people say they would of dont it too,they wouldnt have.Your a class off your own.Which is why you a role model for some.Good Job Mr.Star.
Kyyla / June 24, 2007 at 12:45 pm
Fucking props to J-Star on that one!
Emily / June 24, 2007 at 12:45 pm
Wow, who whould throw bottles at people when they're on stage. Thats really stupid and imature! Jeffree was right to punch the girl in the face! GO JEFFREE!
hiii / June 24, 2007 at 12:46 pm
jeffree star is a gay drag queen
hiii / June 24, 2007 at 12:46 pm
jeffree star is a gay drag queen
shannon / June 24, 2007 at 12:46 pm
god, who could hate jeffree????? i love her!!! she is amazing, i like her even more because she punched that bitch!
Lawrahrawr / June 24, 2007 at 12:46 pm
My idol ladies and gentlemen. Don't fuck with J*
kristiee / June 24, 2007 at 12:46 pm
jeffree star is the shitt

thats what they get for throwing shit at him

Emily / June 24, 2007 at 12:47 pm
Xander / June 24, 2007 at 12:47 pm
go Jeffree! that bitch deserved what she got!
Monique / June 24, 2007 at 12:47 pm
Good one :)

Brooke? ..She's built like a guy anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if she had a dick hidden there somewhere.
Charly / June 24, 2007 at 12:48 pm
Ha. Fucking assholes!
I guess they didn't know that NOONE fucks with JSTAR :]]
Sarah / June 24, 2007 at 12:48 pm
oh my god...thats so retarded...if your going to throw things at least have the decency to make sure they know its you...dont be an idiot...but its not like i would ever throw anything...fucking douche...thats no way to treat someone...if they are homosexual or hetrosexual...you should throw shit at her...

I luv u Jeffree Star...
ashley / June 24, 2007 at 12:50 pm
JStar is amazing! As for the people who were throwing shit, they need to get an attitude makeover. JStar is too amazing of a performer and too amazing of a person to have that happen. More power to him for punchin the bitch out!
Charly / June 24, 2007 at 12:50 pm
Ha. Fucking assholes!
I guess they didn't know that NOONE fucks with JSTAR :]]
BOB / June 24, 2007 at 12:50 pm
EWWW your gay and gross BETCH
and your DEF. NOT JESUS IN FAKE EYE LASHES HOE BAG.you should soo hoook up with Kelly you would make a nice couple, oh wait nvm Kelly is way out of you league. ha ha burn it BETCH
Pedro / June 24, 2007 at 12:51 pm
Jeffree babe I hope you hit that BITCH real good cuz if I was there I'll have done it. She just hates that your WAY HOTTER then her
I LOVE YOU JS
I'll support you

E>Dro<3
AkA:Dog_lover
gabby / June 24, 2007 at 12:53 pm
don't fuck with JSTAR ;)

Jenna / June 24, 2007 at 12:54 pm
ahah!!! fucking bitch deserved it.
i give props to Jeffree. he is truly awesome.
Ryan C / June 24, 2007 at 12:54 pm
Holy shit... it begins...
hiii / June 24, 2007 at 12:54 pm
jeffree star is a gay drag queen
ashley / June 24, 2007 at 12:54 pm
Raven / June 24, 2007 at 12:55 pm
Jeffree Star is amazing.
And that bitch deserved it. :]
Haha.
I love you Jeffree<3
Jenna / June 24, 2007 at 12:56 pm
ahah!!! fucking bitch deserved it.
i give props to Jeffree. he is truly awesome.
TommyCakes / June 24, 2007 at 12:57 pm
i fucking love u jefree star if i had been there i would have killed the bitch!!!!
<big> jefree star is so amazing!! &hearts;
Chrissy Paetzold / June 24, 2007 at 12:59 pm
omg that bitch deserved what she had comming.
i wish i could have been there, cuz if i would have saw it i would have punched her in the face myself,Jeffree Star is a totally amazeing person and whoever fucks with her and thinks it is a good idea to throw shit at her when she is performing is a stupid little bitch
I LOVE YOU JEFFREE STAR! &#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;
LOVE FOREVER
Christiana Paetzold
Monique / June 24, 2007 at 12:59 pm
Good one :)

devildami666 / June 24, 2007 at 12:59 pm
That bitch got what she deserved. Go JEFFREE!!!
Michelle / June 24, 2007 at 01:01 pm
What the fuck... why would you haters come on here. Jeffree is a person just like the rest of us. Just because some of you guys are ass holes and wish you were popular like him doesnt mean you gotta leave hate comments. I hope those of you that did burn in hell. Thats so wrong. Anyways. Good job Jeffree. That bitch deserved a nice leason.
Billy / June 24, 2007 at 01:01 pm
Jeffree Star is just a fucking wannabe artist who only made it where he was do to people wanting to be "different", and flocking to a musically challenged transvestite.

Shame the bitch didn't punch him back, I'd love to see him get decked.
Rosie / June 24, 2007 at 01:02 pm
First off I look up to Star. His makeup is such an inspiration to me. Him being so courageous to be what ever the fuck he wants to me is amazing!
And as for those childish assholes who threw full bottles of water and red bull, Com'on were not in high school anymore, grow the fuck up!
joyce / June 24, 2007 at 01:02 pm
yeah, thats fucking awesome!
Chrissy Paetzold / June 24, 2007 at 01:03 pm
omg that bitch deserved what she had comming.
I LOVE YOU JEFFREE STAR! &#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;
LOVE FOREVER
Christiana Paetzold
Sara / June 24, 2007 at 01:04 pm
Wow! You just gotta hate assholes to bitches, but I do love your point for making the move! If someone homophobic/xenophobic/racist, they should keep it inside and get over it and start acting mature - so we all could get along and respect that everyone's different! (This is, Sara from MySpace who's address is: http://www.myspace.com/rebellious_chica).
Jade / June 24, 2007 at 01:06 pm
GO JSTAR! Yeah!
Brandi / June 24, 2007 at 01:07 pm
That's so dumb! The same thing happened at a Dashboard Confessional concert I went to a few months ago--it's like--if you don't like the performer then SIT YOUR ASS AT HOME. Douche bags.
&hearts;Brandi
Whenever / June 24, 2007 at 01:09 pm
Have to say even if your in drag a man doesnt hit a woman. Doesn't show your tough, doesnt show your a man underneath it all and doesnt show class.
brokenengine / June 24, 2007 at 01:10 pm
Wow. These comments make the people defending that "Rock Star: Supernova" guy look like mensa candidates.

Look, I like Jefree Star, and I think throwing things at performers is stupid too. But I find it interesting that when J-Star does it, evertyone applauds, but when someone like Akon does it, everyone boo's. Double standard or what?

BlogTo, what are you doing endorsing violence(even retalitory)?!
Rosie / June 24, 2007 at 01:12 pm
Grace Polivka / June 24, 2007 at 01:12 pm
People are effing rude.
I hope you are alright Jeffree.
And I'm glad you punched them in the face.
They deserved it.
If you don't like Jeffree, Don't bother showing up!
Seriously.
Love ya hun!
chrissy / June 24, 2007 at 01:13 pm
All he really did was scoop to there level and gave into them. The adult and right thing would have been for him to let it go and get security involved and have them remove those people, putting your hands on someone is never okay.

I think Jefree has some issues and has a problem of talking before thinking about what he is saying. Just a few days after the Virgina Tech shooting he posted a video on mysapce where he was doing a photo shoot and made the comment "maybe I should go shoot up a school" , that had ALOT of people angry.
dixie / June 24, 2007 at 01:13 pm
YOU GO JEFFREE!!!!!that bitch sholdnt have started all that shit with you!!
Brandi / June 24, 2007 at 01:16 pm
&hearts;Brandi
nothing / June 24, 2007 at 01:16 pm
star is legendary. i hate lesbians anyway.
Tiffany / June 24, 2007 at 01:18 pm
OMG! i would have done the same thing, that is just so rude that someone would do that. But i think that they are mad cause their not beautiful like you Jeffree Star.
Billy / June 24, 2007 at 01:19 pm

Shame the bitch didn't punch him back, I'd love to see him get decked.
spencer / June 24, 2007 at 01:27 pm
AWWWW SHIT! could j* be the newest incarnation of sid vicious? this should most def go down in flames in punkrock infamy. AND, for peeps saying j was wrong for punching the twat, comparing him to akon hurling a CHILD into a crowd of his fans...come ON. i think there's a slight difference between a hulking beast ghetto ass thug displaying a temper problem over a piece of paper being tossed at his head than a skinny little prissypoo launching himself into the crowd and punching some idiot in the face after being hit with full water bottles/glass/ whatevz the fuck it was. PLUS, it was a pride show. jeeesus. peeps are retarded. i'm not a j* drooler-over by any means, but he gets mad props for this. money.
Virginia / June 24, 2007 at 01:31 pm
Ven / June 24, 2007 at 01:33 pm
I'm glad Jeffree punched dat bitch out ... she shoulda known better to fuck wit da kid!
Skylar / June 24, 2007 at 01:35 pm
seriously.why the fuck was she there if she didnt like him?oh ya!i know!because she's a bitch ass hater.i fuckin hate ppl like that.perez.send her to me next!
Ann / June 24, 2007 at 01:38 pm
Ok,to all the haters.Your only support JS by commenting this,Dumbasses.If you have nothing god to say than go comment the bitch who hit JS and support her.
If you knew ANYTHING about Jeffree youd be he loves hate mail beacuse you still take the time to have him on your mind.
How dumb can you really be ?

Mr.Star is loved for what he does,no matter what.
People will allways admire his strenght.

Personally,I happen to love him as well.

The girl who was throwing stuff actually should be going to court.Beacuse thats still physical abuse and Jeffree could easily go and press charges.

Shes lucky all she got was a punch in the face.
I would of tied her legs to a tree and let people hit her basball bats till her body fell from the tree,her legs detached.

You know how things on myspace are free?
Its beacuse of popularity hits.
By commenting,Mr.Star still gets rights.

Before you go and make yourself look like a dumbasses,do your research alteast.

Jeffree,Congrads on the North America success.

jessica / June 24, 2007 at 01:43 pm
jeffree ur so amazing!! you are totally the best out there!!i love you!!
Andira A. / June 24, 2007 at 01:44 pm
<center><font size=1>Much Respect JEFFREE STAR For The Shit You've Been Doing.
<center>I, Also Am Sick Of Fucking Losers Who Go To Shows Thinking There The Mutha Fuckin' Shit, And Aren't.
<center>By Dissing The Artist By Throwing Full Water Bottles, Glass, And Cups Full Of Vomit Right At Them At Their <i>Own</i> Show.
<center><B>If You Don't Like Them Stay The Fuck At Home!!!!</B>
<P>
<center>And To All You R-Tards Who's Saying The Jeffree Shouldn't Have Taken The Matter To His Own Hands....
<center>What Would You Really Have Done?
<center>REACT LIKE A REAL PERSON!
<P>
<center>I Personally Think The Bitch Had What Was Coming To Her.
brokenengine / June 24, 2007 at 01:44 pm
"Well, Jeffree Star is also gay. It's kind of different when I straight guy does it, lol."

There is no difference. Thats discrimination.

The J-Star haters(and again, I'm NOT one of them) don't need to post here, as his supporters all seem to be a bunch of nonsensical mouth breathers. So, I guess I'm a hater, but only of the people commenting here.

"it's not the band I hate, it's their fans..."
Amy / June 24, 2007 at 01:45 pm
i loveee jeffree star. i am so happy he punched that bitch in the face! she got what was coming to her!
ANDREA PETERSON / June 24, 2007 at 01:46 pm
go J. you are awesome, and do not deserve that---that kind of thing is for punks---you gave her just what she deserved.
larrx / June 24, 2007 at 01:53 pm
A man punched a woman. I have nothing more to say..
Jules / June 24, 2007 at 01:54 pm
To Tiffany and really anyone else that posted any "derogatory" comments, would you in good faith be able to throw a FULL bottle of water at anyone? I mean honestly, it's mean. Even if you don't like the person, that shit bloody hurts! Oh,and to Tiffany, the phrase you were attempting to use was "DUE to" not "DO to." If you're going to attempt to insult a complete stranger that you don't know, at least make an effort to sound intelligent while doing so. If anything, just to validate your absurd point just the SLIGHTEST bit... (please note the painfully obvious sarcasm) thanks. Buh-bye.
Fia / June 24, 2007 at 01:56 pm
XD Fucking bitch. I think it's hilarious, she got what's coming to her. God, I would've loved to be there for that one single moment, bet it was the highlight of pride ;D
Stacy / June 24, 2007 at 01:58 pm
jefree star is awesome and everyone is just hatting because they cant be him! i respect you even more now
nykole / June 24, 2007 at 02:01 pm
yeha, that bitch got what she deserved, jeffree was there to show respect for pride, and what did he het? shit thrown at him, i would have done the exact same thing, i have so much respect for jeffree and so should everyone ealse.
Shayla / June 24, 2007 at 02:01 pm
Hahaha!! They're just jelous because the star is FINNE and they is UGLY!
brokenengine / June 24, 2007 at 02:03 pm
I weep for the future.
Lauren / June 24, 2007 at 02:05 pm
haven't your mothers ever taught you that two wrongs don't make a right?
Amber =] / June 24, 2007 at 02:08 pm
Heyy Jstar is the best leave him the fuck alone !!!!!!
jacob / June 24, 2007 at 02:10 pm
Bahahahaa! Thats the funniest shit ever DAMN STRAIGHT jeffree shoulda hit that bitch in the face fuck haters if she didnt like him she shoulda left [stupid bitch] but what ever! I LOVE JEFFREE!
Amanda / June 24, 2007 at 02:12 pm
what asses im glad you punched that cum bucket in the face you dont do that shit!
nicole! / June 24, 2007 at 02:13 pm
Jeffree Star:

Nice Ass, High Class...

im glad you popped that bitch whatwhat WERD.
proud mom and wife / June 24, 2007 at 02:18 pm
i love jeffree that bitch needed to get fucked up.people really need to grow up.
keeoke / June 24, 2007 at 02:21 pm
hell yea you fuckin rok I ur so bad ass would luv to see you in tx dallas.
Dom / June 24, 2007 at 02:22 pm
That's awesome. That woman never should have went and I'm surprised some other people didn't rape her while she and her buds were throwing junk. Gj Jeff =)
Mary / June 24, 2007 at 02:26 pm
i can't believe those douchebags threw shit at J-Star! he's an amazing individual just like the rest of us with different opinions. he's one to be respected of, not hated because he dresses different. so what if he sings songs about fucking straight guys? a lot of people do. get over it, bitches. Jeffree Star is my romodel.
paty / June 24, 2007 at 02:28 pm
<b>FUCK THE HATERS. I THINK YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF GOING TO HIS SHOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIM. HE'S A PERSON. AND HIS SEXUALITY DOES NOT AFECT YOU IN ANY WAY. I THINK IT'S ENVY . PEOPLE LEARN TO CONTROL YOURSELFS. YOU THINK BY THROWING SHIT AT HIM HE'S GONNA STOP BEING FAMOUS. WELL NO . THANKS TO YOU. HE BECOMES MORE AND MORE FAMOUS EVERYDAY.. I LOVE JEFREE STAR AND IF HE PUNCHED THAT LADY IN THE FACE WELL SHE DAMN SURE DESERVED IT .
Danielle / June 24, 2007 at 02:31 pm
J Star is a persone just like everyone else, fuck off who ever thinks that just because hes diffrent somethings wrong, He works hard just like everyone else and NEEDS to be treated the same, others can fuck off, Jeffree i love you to death! People are stupid and need to learn how to act
AsH / June 24, 2007 at 02:34 pm
I would have done worse! If you go to a gay pride parade and talk shit and throw shit at people because you're an asshole you should expect that you're gonna get punched in the fucking face. That stupid bitch. Kudos for JStar. (Even though he IS NOT good to his fans here in AK.) (Oh well.) <3AsH
madeline / June 24, 2007 at 02:55 pm
thats fucking gay
i would beat their asses for jeffree
i love you!!

[[madeline]]

Kayle / June 24, 2007 at 02:57 pm
Damn thats some crazy shit
i fuckin love Jeffree Star
and i repsect him more now!!
Priscilla / June 24, 2007 at 02:57 pm
Jeffree, you had the right to punch her, she's just so jealous of you that you're way better than her, she's an obnoxious freak that shouldn't even be in this world. She's lucky you didn't do worse.
misha / June 24, 2007 at 03:01 pm
i loooooooove jeffree!!!
Alisha.McLeod / June 24, 2007 at 03:03 pm
Jeffree.Star.is.amazing
that.bitch.dissevered.more.than.she.got
J.Star.was.in.the.right.with.what.he.did
I.would.kill.a.bitch
I.FUCKING.LOVE.YOU.J.STAR!!!!!!!!!!
spencer / June 24, 2007 at 03:14 pm
oh.my.god...i am completely dumbfounded reading these comments. inane and illegible, lovers and loathers, no middle ground and absolutely no grammar skills. brokenengine, i weep with you. i don't necessarily agree with yr 'double standard' issue, as that acrid Akon not only threw a KID off the stage, but he also violently hurled him into a crowd of his own fans, risking their safety as well. now, if j* had picked up a giant speaker and randomly thrown it into the audience in the general direction of this obnoxotwat, that would have been different. instead, he dealt with her directly, and gave her the retribution she clearly deserved. as for these embarassing fools yakkin' about how a 'man' should never hit a woman, well, that's just laughable (and NO, i'm not endorsing violence, as anyone who is not a uni-celled cave troll would know). i'm quite sure that if j* read that he wasn't a 'real man' because he hit a woman that he would be on the fkn floor laughing. i'm left wondering if any of these commenters remember the punk scene of the late 70's-early 80's, when violence was not uncommon (i.e. siouxsie sioux kicking asshole hecklers in the face with her pointy boots from the stage, sex pistol brawls on a regular basis, and the beat goes on...). AGAIN, not endorsing violence, just trying to correlate (however obliquely it may be) on how any 'underground' scene, be it music/art/slam poetry/gay pagan square dancing/what have you, is going to have the idiots who stumble across it, and who clearly have no idea what the fuck is going on. so, if these peeps decide to open their embarassingly stupid mouths, or attempt any kind of oppression whatsoever to stifle the creative output of others (no matter how shaky the foundation of that creativity may be), well, retribution can (and often should) be swift and harsh. okay, i'm tangenting now, but the bottom line is that this was a goddamn gay pride show. the one place where our species, our minority, should feel absolutely safe from judgement, yet j* gets smacked in the head from something a member of the crowd threw at him. what the hell? i will now resort to sounding like the majority of peeps on this message board...bitch got what she deserved. period. double standards, 'manhood' issues, doing the 'right thing' and all else be damned.
sounds like a fucking party, indeed.
RobbRobb / June 24, 2007 at 03:21 pm
Umm, so im pretty sure that its MANNEQUIN. Learn to spell it if you are going to use it. Dumb. I would have dug my heel into her face, dumb bitch. Go JSTAR.
Becca(The devil is getting married) / June 24, 2007 at 03:27 pm
I'm glad Jeffree Star punched that bitch. She deserves it for throwing things and being such a shitty person.
Jackie / June 24, 2007 at 04:07 pm
I wanted to see Jeffree star hit hat bitch in the face! damn it! and everyone who dosn't like him need to open up and get over this shit. people need to suck it up and be more accepting! america's gone down the shit hole when it comes to indiviguality!
reanne / June 24, 2007 at 05:12 pm
why do people waste the performers time and their own time by going to a show, just to throw things at them and yell out rude comments? I'm glad jstar punched her.
Ashley / June 24, 2007 at 05:23 pm
dang! is there a video of this!
GO JEFFREE!
hannah / June 24, 2007 at 05:31 pm
shit i'd punch that bitch in the face too.i love jefree star he has totally changed my life and is one of the few people i truely respect.i just wish someone had a picture of him punching that bitch :D
brokenengine / June 24, 2007 at 06:29 pm
1) Violence is violence, regardless of the situation. Sometimes, like when people are in peril, it is regretably unavoidable. But don't act like Akon and JS's actions are not exactly the same. They are.
2) Please read a book, learn to spell, and much more importantly, learn to make a point. You ALL are coming across like morons right now. JS would be so proud.
neanderthal / June 24, 2007 at 09:56 pm
That bitch! J Star is a class act and a role model to all of us!! We should all hit our women in public whenever they act up! You go girl!
Kristengmc / June 24, 2007 at 10:36 pm
Returning violence for violence probably wasn't the best thing to do. But if someone you don't know came to your place of business and threw things at you, would you do nothing?...Reguardless of anyone's sexual orientation, that woman assaulted Jeffree, an call it self defense, call it retaliation, Jeffree assaulted the woman in return.
fsl;daj / June 24, 2007 at 10:49 pm
the best part about this is that the girl is my friend jesse and it WASN'T EVEN HER WHO WAS THROWING SHIT.
honestly, she knows the girl who it was and they have a similar HAIR CUT, and jeffree starr went out into the audience, grabbed my friend and PUNCHED HER IN THE FACE and she was doing NOTHING
no one's going to believe me but it's true and kind of hilarious
Jerrold / June 24, 2007 at 11:10 pm
Was it a strong, manly punch, or a wimpy, girly punch? ;)
cory / June 24, 2007 at 11:23 pm
jeffree attacked more than one girl in the audience. he punched my innocent female friend in the face before going on to attack the heckler. he's lucky i didn't pull out his pink weave
brokenengine / June 25, 2007 at 12:11 am
HAHAHA jerrold! NICE! Yes, because that WOULD make a world of difference!
Becky / June 25, 2007 at 12:28 am
Um, J* probably didn't deserve having a bottle thrown at him, but he also had no right to throw a bitch fit and start attacking random girls. His *dancer* pointed out the girl in the crowd. I'm sure that pointing from the stage probably only pointed J* in the general direction. And the dancer could have pointed out the wrong person. For all you know he could have attacked innocent people that didn't throw anything. And if that is the case, that isn't some thing you should applaud. I'm sure Mr. Star is a person that wants to be viewed as a professional, and therefore taken seriously. With him acting like this how is one supposed to do that? He should have had security escort the girl from the show. He shouldn't have punched her in the face. He could face assualt charges. I'm sure you mass of young girls think that would be ever so K3wL! but it wouldn't. You guys are acting very immaturely about the entire situation. Then again most of you are under the age of 15.
Danielle / June 25, 2007 at 12:52 am
Most bizarre comments page for blogTO ever.
It really brought out the far corners of the internet to our own little part of the world..
jo / June 25, 2007 at 01:14 am
Becky... the scenario you describe is exactly what happened yesterday... he punched the wrong chick. I stood beside her and she threw nothing towards the stage and JStar threw a hissy fit. Not so great for the image to be punching frigging fans in the face but I guess it all depends on the image you wish to create doesn't it?
Danielle / June 25, 2007 at 01:15 am
i was talking to one of J's friends today and apparently they were throwing shit the whole show. it started as little shit then by J's last song they were throwing full bottles. J finished the song then got off stage and hit them. from what i was told and this person doesnt make up shit. Chris said that these douchebags were calling Jefree names the whole time refering to his sexuality. which is really low and immature on thier part. so i would have punched a bitch in the face too. how ignorant ar you to make fun of someone anyway. and then make fun of their sexuality. if you didnt like him why the hell did you pay to go to that concert in the first place. thats what i dont get.
Danielle / June 25, 2007 at 01:27 am
yeah dont know why it posted twice. didnt do it to be a turd
Alexis / June 25, 2007 at 02:05 am
This man showed no self-control, no professionalism. He should have had the heckler escorted from the stage area and made to leave with no refund - NOT attacked her. For a gay man who apes women and boldly threatens their sexual territory by talking about going after straight men - this is not 'gay pride' that can be condoned and accepted by straight society and straight women.

The fact that he went to hurt her face while he paints his own to mimic women shows gross mysogeny. Also mysongenistic are all the many comments advocating violence against this woman. If this is 'gay pride', I'm voting Republican all the way, baby. I am not tolerant of your agenda or mysogeny. Gays came a long way because of the kindness and tolerance of straight women. To show the ugliness of such mysogeny - 'I'll dress like you, call myself a 'she' - and go after straight men and not only disrepect your womanhood I'll physically hurt you with intent to hurt your beauty if you don't bow down before me and accept this...' Nooooooooooooo. He made a very revealing political statement by his actions. Back in the closet you sons of hounds!

crystal / June 25, 2007 at 05:30 am
jeffree is always himself and always punk rock. we should celebrate that fact that he doesn't conform.
Travis / June 25, 2007 at 06:01 am
hate all you want, bitches, J* makes more money, and has a better life than you can even dream of. that bitch got what she deserved. the only reason you all are pissed is because it was a confrontation between a male and female, who the fuck cares, i bet you still wanted o.j.'s book, and listened to bobby brown, fuck you haters. "Let's Have A Fuckin' Party..."
ph / June 25, 2007 at 07:45 am
Jeffree Star is one of the most laughable "musicians" ever- he got popular by being on MYSPACE, and it's quite funny to see his thirteen year old mindless "fans" eat it up..

You all lose.
Eric S. Smith / June 25, 2007 at 09:04 am
Ryan Couldrey: Yay, violence.
100 Immature Illiterates: zomg burn burn kill kill!

I feel stupider for having even skimmed these comments. Bravo to those who sat through the spew and made sensible remarks.
nathan / June 25, 2007 at 11:11 am
im sorry but this asshole is still a guy and men can not hit women, point blank period...i hope she sues his ugly ass
GT / June 25, 2007 at 11:24 am
EVERY single artist you have ever heard of has been pelted with shit at a show... STOP being such fame-whores .... if AKON popped a girl... he would be in prison.
Ryan C / June 25, 2007 at 12:19 pm
Eric S: If you'd been pelted by garbage for 20 straight minutes, would you laugh it off?

Nathan: It's not right for PEOPLE TO HIT PEOPLE, no matter what sex or gender they are.

GT: This wasn't a story because he was pelted with shit, it was a story because he pelted someone back.

LASTLY, EVERYONE: The article's been updated. He (likely) punched someone who didn't throw ANYTHING at him. If my source is right, then he does deserve some criminal punishment. I call it as I see it and as I hear it. Just like no one has to sit through a show of his, no one has to read what I have to write, or what other people have to comment.
Kay D / June 25, 2007 at 07:49 pm
What the hell? While he may play dress-up, honey is still a MAN and has the anatomical upper-body of a MAN (and a nice upper-body at that..). You NEVER use that strength physically against a woman, even if you play at being one and she is being an ueber-bitch. NEVER. This event just colors the rep of queens everywhere....
Lauren / June 26, 2007 at 12:28 am
Personally I love Jeffree Star which is one of the main reasons I went to Pride.I got there and waited for an hour just to be right infront of the stage.The people beside me however seemed to be there to hate on him which was annoying and kind of ruined it for me.Jeffree put up with having money and other objects whipped at him and beer thrown at him and went on like a professional until the very end when yes he did jump off stage and punch the girl in the face rigth beside me.
Honestly I think it made my night because her and her friends were ruining the show for me and for him to do that... wow. I have nothing but respect for him. I wish I were famous so I could punch bitchy people in the face without getting charged. good job Jeffree<3
Brian / June 26, 2007 at 11:44 am
Jeffree Star is the biggest waste of space to ever exist. I hope he goes to jail. I would rather Charles Manson roam the streets than Jeffree Star.
Erica / June 26, 2007 at 11:48 am
I hate that guy. He gives bad names to normal gay people who just want to fit in and live their lives. He makes being gay look like some sort of freak show, when really they're just people who want to fit in with everyone else, not be standing out! he's making things worse just to make himself money. he's no celeb, he's a joke.
Tim / June 26, 2007 at 12:18 pm
That girl deserved it, whether if she was the one throwing stuff or flipping Jeffree off. Artist deserve better respect!!
Ryan C / June 26, 2007 at 01:03 pm
Time for the freeze beam...
Commenting has been disabled on this post.