Toronto Restaurant Openings: Noodle Face Co., Red Sauce, Greenwood Smokehouse, Luckee, Book Club
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Noodle Face Co., a new source for ramen and steamed buns opened earlier this month at 41 Baldwin Street. Love the name.
- Greenwood Smokehouse BBQ at 673 Danforth Avenue opened last week and is serving up slow smoked meats and seasonally appropriate bowls of brisket chili
- Red Sauce opened its doors this week at 50 Clinton Street. The debut menu features Italian sandwiches, wings and muffaletta plus sweets like zeppoles.
- New barbecue restaurant, 420 Smokehouse has finally opened its doors at 420 Parliament Street.
- Pizza La Rosa, a gourmet halal pizza and pasta joint is now open at 2555 Victoria Park Avenue.
- The Lucky Penny, a new cafe and neighbourhood grocer is open now at 189 Shaw Street. (via Toronto Life)
- Enzo Pizza Bar is opening an express concept with patio this spring at a still undisclosed address in Liberty Village. The delivery zone will remain the same but the new outpost will also serve panini and be open late on weekends.
- Luckee, a new restaurant from Susur Lee and Harry Wu of the Soho Metropolitan Hotel is slated to open this spring. The Cantonese-style eatery will take over the current home of Senses. (via Toronto Life)
- Bite Bar celebrates the grand opening of its second location at 235 College Street on Thursday, February 6th.
- Cumbrae's has announced plans to open a new retail butcher on Queen West near Trinity Bellwoods.
- All three locations of the Mad Italian have reportedly closed. (via Toronto Life)
- Murrays Sandwich Emporium (671 Queen Street West) is sporting papered up windows. (via Chowhound)
- Olde Towne Bistro & Oyster Bar (36 Wellington Street East) has shuttered a mere three months after opening. Set to replace it is new cocktail bar, East 36. (via Toronto Life)
- Amin Todai and Andrew Richmond of One Method are expanding the digital design studio at 445 King Street West to include a test kitchen and private bar that will operate as an incubator for restaurants La Carnita and Home of the Brave. The project currently titled Book Club (a reference to its planned hidden entrance behind a book case) will also boast an adjacent kitchen studio outfitted with green screen and photo/video equipment for mad scientist-like experimentation. Swoon!
- Rock Lobster at 538 Queen West now does brunch on weekends from 11am to 3pm. Think lobster bennies smothered in hollandaise.
- Cafe Bar Pasta has a new executive chef in the kitchen replacing chef Edward Furlani. Jay Scaife has launched a new menu focused on rustic Italian standards made from scratch.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org