Toronto Food Events: TIFF's Food on Film, Spirit of Toronto, Beer + BBQ Bash, CraveTO
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events: festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) presents Colombian Bandeja Paisa for Mother's Day by Cookie Martinez on Saturday, May 11th. Tickets are $40 and include mini patacones to start, as well as her mother's recipe for bandeja paisa and a selection of cookies for dessert.
- Spirit of Toronto returns to Roy Thomson Hall (60 Simcoe Street) on Saturday, May 11th bringing together 100+ single malts, premium spirits, tutored tastings, live jazz, classic cocktails, and a poolside cigar bar along with a table d'hôte menu from Daniel et Daniel.
- Church Aperitivo Bar (1090 Queen Street West) hosts an evening of Wine Tasting and Italian Cuisine from Chef Sacca's kitchen on Wednesday, May 15th from 7 to 10pm.
- TIFF's Food on Film series returns on Wednesday, May 15th at 6:30pm with food activist, Anita Stewart present to offer insight to the documentary Food Inc.. Single tickets are now available for $35.
- Gladstone Hotel (1214 Queen Street West) hosts a Spring Beer Tasting on Wednesday, May 15th between 6 and 8pm in the Melody Bar. Priced at $20 per person the tasting event features four local breweries and hors d'oeuvres.
- Tickets ($45) are available now for the Group of Seven Chef's Beer + BBQ Bash presented by Beaus All Natural Brewing Co.. The event kicks off at 7pm on Monday, June 17th with special guest, Anthony Walsh (O&B) alongside Scott Vivian (Beast Restaurant), Rachelle Cadwell (Dough Toronto), Matty Matheson (Parts & Labour), Bertrand Alépée (Tempered Beast) and Chris Brown (The Stop) showcasing twists on classic BBQ.
- Jamie Kennedy presents an evening with Charles Baker, on Thursday, May 23rd as part of his on going Local Food Movement Dinner series. Featuring wines from Charles Baker & Stratus, the evening also includes a reception and dinner.
- Tickets are on sale for CraveTO taking place Friday, May 24th starting at 5pm at Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue). The celebration of street food and beer will feature a line-up of food vendors including food trucks, Rome'n Chariot, Buster's Sea Cove and The Feisty Jack as well as local craft brews from the likes of Mill Street, Hogtown Brewers and Black Oak Brewing (to name just a few).
- If you won't have a chance to get away for the long weekend, consider A Muskoka Weekend with Chef Susur Lee taking place May, 24th to 26th at Deerhurst Resort (1235 Deerhurst Drive, Huntsville). Packages are available for one or two night stays ($349-$489 per person per night) and include accommodations, cooking demos and a 5-course culinary journey presented by the Toronto chef.