Road closures in Toronto for the weekend of August 16 and 17 rounds up the key transportation shut-downs affecting the city, including street and TTC closures.
KEY ROAD CLOSURES IN TORONTO
Open Streets TO
- Bloor Street will be closed from Spadina Avenue to Parliament Street and Yonge Street will be closed south of Bloor on Sunday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Vehicles can cross Bloor Street at Spadina Avenue, Avenue Road, Bay Street, Ted Rogers Way, Church Street, Sherbourne Street and Parliament Street.
- Vehicles will be able to cross Yonge Street at College Street/Carlton Street, Gerrard Street, Dundas Street, Shuter Street and Queen Street.
Closing ceremonies of the Parapan Games
- Bay Street will be closed from Queen Street West to Dundas Street West from 4 p.m. to midnight on Saturday.
- Wellington Street will be closed from Church Street to University Avenue from 5 p.m. until midnight.
- Front Street will be closed from Church Street to Parliament Street from 5 p.m. until midnight.
- James and Albert streets will be closed from 4 p.m. to midnight, while University Avenue northbound will be reduced to two lanes from Queen Street to Armoury Street from 8 a.m. to midnight
Festival of South Asia
Gerrard Street East will be closed from Coxwell Avenue to Glenside Avenue from 10 a.m. Saturday to 2 a.m. on Monday for the Festival of South Asia.
Wheels On The Danforth
Danforth Avenue will be closed from Byng to Warden Avenue, while Danforth Road will be shut down to Landry Avenue from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday for Wheels on the Danforth.
- Line 1 will be closed between St. Clair West and Lawrence stations for emergency repairs by Toornto Hydro on Sunday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Shuttle buses will be in service.
- The 510 streetcar will be on diversion due to track repair in the tunnel leading to Spadina Station from 5am on Saturday to 5am Monday. Streetcars will divert in both directions via Spadina Avenue, College Street and Bathurst Street to Bathurst Station. Replacement buses will provide service on Spadina Avenue between Spadina Station bus platform and Adelaide Street. Board buses at curbside stops.
Over and above the special closures this weekend, construction projects across Toronto result in numerous other road restrictions across the city. For a comprehensive list of such closures, you can consult the official map maintained by the City of Toronto (also available as a PDF.)