What's open and closed on New Year's Day in Toronto 2013:
- All LCBO, Wine Rack and Beer Store locations
- Amsterdam and Steam Whistle Breweries
- Government offices and banks
- St. Lawrence Market
- No mail delivery
- Some malls, such as Yorkdale
- Major grocery stores and most pharmacies
- Food Depot (Dupont and Davenport), Rabba grocery stores (various locations), most Kitchen Table locations, Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor St W)
- The Pacific Mall, The Eaton Centre (12 p.m. - 5 p.m.), Square One (11 a.m. - 6 p.m.), Vaughan Mills (10 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Major movie theatres
- Most public ice skating rinks
- Attractions such as the AGO (10 a.m.-4 p.m.), ROM (10 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.), Ontario Science Centre (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.), CN Tower (although 360 Restaurant will be closed), and the Toronto Zoo
Many restaurants will be closed, but some, like Lakeview Restaurant, will remain open.
The TTC and GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.