Giller Prize longlist unveiled
The longlist for the 2010 Scotiabank Giller Prize was revealed this morning.
The list features 11 novels and two short story collections, which were chosen from 98 books submitted from 38 publishers from across Canada.
The list includes:
• David Bergen for The Matter With Morris (Phyllis Bruce Books/HarperCollins)
• Douglas Coupland for Player One (House of Anansi Press)
• Michael Helm for Cities of Refuge (McClelland & Stewart)
• Alexander MacLeod for his short story collection Light Lifting (Biblioasis)
• Avner Mandelman for The Debba (Other Press/Random House of Canada)
• Tom Rachman for The Imperfectionists (Dial/Random House of Canada)
• Sarah Selecky for her short story collection This Cake Is For The Party (Thomas Allen Publishers)
• Johanna Skibsrud for The Sentimentalists (Gaspereau Press)
• Cordelia Strube for Lemon (Coach House Books)
• Joan Thomas for Curiosity (McClelland & Stewart)
• Jane Urquhart for Sanctuary Line (McClelland & Stewart)
• Dianne Warren for Cool Water (Phyllis Bruce Books/HarperCollins)
• Kathleen Winter for Annabel (House of Anansi Press)
The shortlist will be revealed Tuesday, October 5, and the prize awarded at a gala in November. Last year's winner was Linden MacIntyre for The Bishop's Man.
Join the conversation Load comments