made clothing toronto

MADE Clothing

MADE Clothing Co. is a made-to-measure and bespoke tailoring studio worthy of every Toronto man's attention. To find it, you need take an elevator up to the fifth floor of 134 Berkeley St., above Haven . The hidden location above Queen St. lends the 1600 square foot studio an aura of exclusivity. The grey hardwood and crisp white walls lit by studio lights create a very suave ambience.

As I walked in, coffee, tea, or bourbon were offered; as much as I would have loved to turn up at 4pm, I decided to stick to coffee.

made clothing toronto

What makes MADE special, aside from their studio, is the way they simplify the suiting process, by categorizing their fabrics and styles into four price points, ranging from $895-$1895. They also set themselves apart through their quick turn-around time of 3-4 weeks, with a 'rush' option available, if needed. That's an extremely impressive time frame compared to other bespoke tailors, who typically require 6-8 weeks. After you get your suit or jacket, there is a five-business day grace period where you can wear the garment in real-life situations to make sure it's up to your expectations.

made clothing toronto

To keep things fresh, MADE's fabric swatches are seasonally dictated, meaning 70% of the swatches change with the season, while the remaining 30% of swatches are the classic stock (which is always available). These includes staples such as navy, charcoal and medium grey, and black.

made clothing toronto

For all you poised gents, MADE can custom-make self-tying bow-ties with your choice of pattern. (If you've never learned to tie your own, it's pretty much like tying your shoe laces.) If you're looking for a completely accessorized look, they offer also 'accessory bundles,' custom designed to give you a complete outfit. There's also accessories from Happy Socks , Bellroy wallets, Qwstion bags, and Toronto's own Vitaly jewellery.

made clothing toronto

As unique as the studio is, my favourite feature was definitely the two giant skylights strategically placed to improve your fitting experience. Just outside the fitting room, there's a three-way mirror with a skylight illuminating you from above, creating great lighting to accurately see colours and shapes. No more "is this blue or black?" questions due to crummy lighting.

made clothing toronto

As a bonus, the staff at MADE are knowledgable and courteous. Without being controlling, they hold no reservations about steering clients away from distasteful combinations, and tend to suggest subtle alternatives if they feel your outfit might not be top-notch.

After all, they measure three things beyond the tape: style, fit, and expectations.

made clothing toronto

Writing by Jacob Martella. Photos by James C. Lee .


MADE Clothing

Leaflet | © Mapbox © OpenStreetMap Improve this map

Join the conversation Load comments

Latest Reviews

Over the Rainbow

Mejuri

OKAYOK

Tan Mujiang

Duer Toronto

Sash and Bustle