Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Asia Food Fest starts tonight, April 29, and runs until May 15. More than 60 Asian restaurants from across the GTA are participating in this 'Licious-like prix-fixe promotion priced between $10 and $45 per person.
- The Gluten Free Garage pops up at Artscape Wychwood Barns on Sunday, May 1. Tickets are $11.50 for the marketplace, which will feature more than 65 exhibitors, plus guest speakers, food trucks and beer and cider tastings.
- Momofuku Bun Month is back. Daisho will host a different guest chef each week during May to serve up creative spins on steamed buns.
- Oliver & Bonacini's Jump Restaurant presents Beers and Steers on Friday, May 6. Chefs Luke Kennedy (Jump) and Ryan O'Flynn (of the yet-to-open The Guild in Calgary) team up for a four-course Prairie-themed feast, featuring wild boar and bison dishes with beer pairings from Big Rock Brewery. Tickets are $80.
- Toast!, a new pop-up featuring breads and spreads will appear on weekends in May at 45 Mill St. in the Distillery District. You'll find treats like dark chocolate sourdough slathered with peanut butter and Nutella cheesecake mousse on top of golden semolina.
- Canoe hosts Calgary at Canoe on Saturday, May 7. The collaborative five-course tasting menu from Justin Leboe (Model Milk and Pigeonhole), Ryan O'Flynn (The Guild), John Horne (Canoe), Coulson Armstrong (Canoe) and Anthony Walsh (Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants) will pay tribute to the rich ingredients of Alberta. Tickets are $120 and include a cocktail reception.
Know of a Toronto food event coming up? Email email@example.com.
Photo of KaKa All You Can Eat by Hector Vasquez.