Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Chef Matty Matheson (Parts & Labour) and Miami chef, Eileen Andrade (Finka Tap & Table) team up for the Bacardi Pop up Paladar, a rum-fuelled evening inspired by old world Havana. Tickets are $75 for the family style feast complete with live Latin music and dancing happening at Cold Tea Bar (60 Kensington Ave) on Wednesday, October 28 and Thursday, October 29.
- Peter and Chris Neal, authors of the cookbook, Goodness: Recipes & Stories are doing a meet-and-greet and book signing at Summerhill Market on Sunday, October 25 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on Friday, October 30 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Fifty per cent of sales from this book being donated to Community Food Centres Canada.
- Cafe Bar Pasta (1588 Dundas St. West) hosts Chef Brent Maxwell of East Thirty Six for a collaborative dinner on Thursday, October 29. Book a table now to enjoy the Westend Max menu offered for one night only featuring dishes from $10 to $30.
- The final week of Bun Month at Momofuku Daisho (190 University Ave.) will feature a bao loaded with butifarra with roasted pine nut, garlic mayo, white onion jam and fried shishito peppers from Michael Caballo of Edulis. The final bun will be available from October 26 until the end of the month during brunch and lunch.
- Sommelier Factory is now in session with a six week introductory course already underway. Level II classes kick off on Wednesday, October 28 with two-hour classes offered at noon and 6:30 p.m. at Thoroughbred (304 Richmond St.). Classes range from $450 to $480.
- The Junction Pumpkin Fest promises an afternoon of treats and activities at The Junction train platform and surrounding area on October 31 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Look forward to pumpkin spiced baked goods, lattes, roti, mac and cheese and more from participating local businesses.
- Porridge for Parkinson's at Vaughan Estate (2075 Bayview Ave.) will take place from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 8. The fundraiser event in support of the Parkinson Society Canada is breakfast-themed featuring food from chefs Jamie Kennedy, Donna Doohee (Mildred's Temple Kitchen); Martin Kroupie (Pangea), Sandra Katsiou (Baker and Scone), and more. Tickets are $125.
Thanks to Bacardi for sponsoring this post.
Know of other upcoming food events? Add them to the comments.