Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview at some of the places coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- The Beer Hall at theMill Street Brew Pub is now open at 21 Tank House Lane serving up its namesake beers, draught root beers and shots of bierschnaps that's distilled onsite.
- Speaking of things German, Das Gasthaus is under construction in the short-lived Narin Pastry space at 107 Danforth. The restaurant promises contemporary Germany cuisine.
- Prairie Girl Bakery celebrates the opening of it's third cupcakery tomorrow (Friday, April 26th) at 150 Bloor Street West in Yorkville. With plans to open Monday through Saturday, the new retail shop will offer its regular menu of favourites, baked in-house daily.
- The second Banh Mi Boys location is now open for business at 399 Yonge Street. Currently, the menu of baos, banh mis and kimichi fries is the same as the flagship Queen Street outpost with some new additions to come.
- TAT Burger is now open at 1118 College Street in the former site of Taurus Grill House. The new casual eatery does breakfast and burgers â though you might want to wait on trying it out while they work out some major kinks.
- Pancho Y Emiliano is the latest and greatest Mexican restaurant to open in Toronto. Do yourself a favour and go get a fish ceviche tostada.
Fika is set to open at 28 Kensington Avenue towards the end of May. Chef Victor Barry (Splendido) and wife, Nikki Leigh McKean will offer a Scandinavian-style cafe complete with a menu of soups, sandwiches and sweets baked off-site daily in the Splendido kitchen.
Retail chocolatier, Xococava (1560 Yonge Street) is closing May 17th. Leading up to the last day, specials and parting gifts are being advertised on their facebook page daily.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org