While wandering the streets during Toronto's 4th all night contemporary art thing, you're bound to get hungry. So I decided to create a "survivor guide" breaking down where and when you can get your eat and drink on during this year's Nuit Blanche.
Of course, there will be Toronto's normal proliferation of hot dog vendors scattered throughout the city. And you better believe most of them will be keeping extended hours, especially in high traffic zones. But if you're feeling a little more adventurous, I have broken down eats and drinks by zone with my picks of the restaurants, bars and cafes worth spending money at.
ZONE A - CASA LOMA, UofT and BLOOR STREET
- The Stables of Casa Loma (328 Walmer Road) - will open until 7am serving a locally inspired menu including Fenwood Farms grilled organic chicken and Caesar wrap ($5.00), Ontario squash and root vegetable wrap with rosemary aioli ($5.00), giant chocolate chip cookies ($2.50), cranberry and 'Chocosol' chocolate granola bars ($2.50), coffee/ tea/hot
chocolate/pop/juice and water ($2.00)
- Hart House - are also open until 7am and will be offering a late night barbecue of beef burgers, hot dogs, pretzels, patties and vegetarian pasta and hot beverages. Also featuring shaved coffee-ices, dispensed from a 16 foot, hand cranked Ferris wheel.
- B Espresso - A good bet to stock up on espresso, cappuccino, mini cupcakes, brownies, cookies, amaretti, assorted Italian biscotti, focaccia pizza and assorted spuntini (Italian h'ors d'oeuvres). Open until 4am.
ZONE B - DISTILLERY DISTRICY and THE FINANCIAL DISTRICT
- Balzac's Coffee - will be the best destination in the area to fuel up on caffeine and baked treats. Open until 4am.
- Cafe Uno - will be serving its usual array of pizza slices and sandwiches until 3am.
- Pure Spirits - are offering a limited menu until 3am.
- Bay Street between Front and Gerrard Streets - this entire stretch of road will be car free during Nuit Blanche. There will be plenty of street food vendors offering up Ethiopian, Thai and Greek eats.
ZONE C - WEST QUEEN WEST, PARKDALE and OSSINGTON
- Lakeview Restaurant - Will be serving their regular menu including sandwiches, fish 'n chips and their all day breakfast options. Open 24 hours.
- Oddfellows - Stop by here for a late night grilled cheese sandwich ($3). Open until at least 2am.
- Taste of Tandooree - for some late night Indian eats, head to this new quick service restaurant at Queen and Dufferin. Open until 6am.
- The Drake Hotel - will be offering street snacks including hot dogs, quesadillas, oysters and meatball sliders on the cafe patio plus an apple shack on the SkyYard until 4am.
- The Gladstone Hotel - have extended their kitchen hours and will be serving brunch starting at 5am.
- Tyler Clarke Burke's Miracle Fruit - Visit the Take-out TASTE-TRIPPING Miracle Fruit Stand at the Drake Cafe patio from 7PM to Midnight and the Woolfitt's parking lot from Midnight until 5am. $15.
ZONE C - LIBERTY VILLAGE
- Mildred's Temple Kitchen - are hosting something called the 'longest dinner party ever" For $10 you get a hearty snack, a tankard of ale or a spit of wine. Open until 4am.
- The Academy of Spherical Arts - will begin serving brunch at 3am. Open all night.
- School Bakery & Cafe - will be serving baked good and an all night brunch. Open all night.
- Magic Oven Pizza - will be serving their popular pizza (including spelt, gluten and dairy free options) until 2 or 3am.
- Liberty Noodle - This just opened modern Japanese restaurant will be offering take out until late.
- Merci Mon Ami - will be selling sandwiches and baked goods until late (possibly all night)
- Balzac's Coffee - is always a popular spot during Nuit Blanche for coffee, hot chocolate and baked treats. Open until 3am.
- Carol's Cafe and Kitchen - will be serving salads, sandwiches, soups and cheesecake all night.