What's open and closed on Victoria Day 2016 in Toronto.
- Government offices and banks
- No mail delivery
- The TTC will operate holiday service schedules with a start time of 6 a.m.
- Major chains and grocery stores, like No Frills, Fresh Co., Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, T&T, Arz Fine Foods, Galleria Supermarket, and Whole Foods will be closed with few confirmed exceptions listed below.
- Loblaws (60 Carlton St.) - 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pusateri's (57 Yorkville Ave.) - 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; (Bayview Village, 2901 Bayview Ave.) - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; (Sherway Gardens, 25 The West Mall) - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Metro (444 Yonge St.) - from 9 a.m.
- Sobey's Urban Fresh (777 Bay St., Suite 427) - 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- T&T Supermarket (7070 Warden Avenue) - 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.; (9255 Woodbine Ave.) 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Whole Foods Yorkville (87 Avenue Rd.) - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fresh & Wild (69 Spadina Ave.) - 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; (2294 Bloor St. W.) - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge St.) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Bloor Street Market (55 Bloor St. W.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rabba Fine Food (various locations) - open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont St. at Davenport) - open 24 hours
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor St. W.). - open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West) - 6 a.m. to 12 a.m., (389 Spadina Rd.) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m., (595 Bay St., at Atrium on Bay) - 8 a.m to 12 a.m., (705 King St. W.) - 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- LCBO stores will be closed, though select cottage-area outlets that normally close at 6 p.m. may launch extended hours on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Beer Store will be closed.
- For a complete list of indie bottle shops in Toronto, see this directory. Holiday hours are provided where applicable, but we advise calling ahead to confirm.
- Eaton Centre (220 Yonge St.) - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Dr.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Dr., Vaughan) - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Ave. E.) - 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sherway Gardens
- Fairview Mall
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Bayview Village
- The Art Gallery of Ontario
For fireworks-related info, check out this post.
Did I miss anything? Add it to the comments below.
Photo by Yana and Denis in the blogTO Flickr pool.