Earth Day events in Toronto 2014
Earth Day in Toronto brings us a host of green-inspired events as well as many that really don't have much to do with the annual worldwide demonstration to support environment protection. Straddling the middle is |FAT| Arts & Fashion Week, TO's alternative / avant-garde fashion event of the year. It kicks off five days of runway shows, live performances, short films, photography exhibits and art installations. Tonight's theme is Earth/Industry.
At the Rivoli on Queen West new weird Canada musician Sandro Perri will perform "surprise songs" and a comedy routine before a screening of Gwar's Phallus in Wonderland. Let's hope Perri's skits are funnier than Drake's. Hungry after work? Bier Markt is giving away free fries. See our Earth Day 2014 round-up and all our top picks for today below. Want more events? Just click on over to our events section.
EARTH DAY EVENTS
- Turning Inspiration into Action (OISE Auditorium)
- Public Planting and Ice Storm Open House (Toronto Botanical Gardens)
- Earth Day Acoustic Show (Bovine Sex Club)
- Green Drinks Earth Day Party (Rock 'N Hors Saloon)
- Fashion: FAT Arts & Fashion Week 2014 (Daniel's Spectrum)
- Cult: Spookey Ruben's Dizzy Playground (Rivoli)
- Music: I Break Horses, Ark Analog & Paradise Animals (The Drake)
- Food: Frites Night - After Work (Bier Markt)
- Lit: Anansi Poetry Bash (The Garrison)
- Music: Nu Music Nite: Grand Format, After The Empire, Time Is A Hymn, & Wild Night (Horseshoe)