What's open and closed Good Friday 2014 in Toronto
What's open and closed on Good Friday 2014 in Toronto:
- Government offices (post offices, City Hall and others) will be closed.
- Banks will be closed Friday to Sunday, with most resuming service on Monday.
- Toronto Public Library branches will be closed on Friday and Sunday, but open regular hours on Saturday
- Most shopping malls (Yorkdale, Fairview, Sherway Gardens, Scarborough Town Centre, Vaughan Mills) and retail stores will be closed - although there's usually some unexpected openings, so call ahead.
- The Beer Store and LCBO stores will be closed on Friday and Easter Sunday.
- St. Lawrence Market is closed Good Friday.
- Most major grocery stores will be closed on Friday and Sunday.
- The TTC and GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- The Eaton Centre is open 10am to 6pm on Good Friday, and noon to 5pm on Sunday. Some retailers surrounding the Eaton Centre and up Yonge St. will observe similar hours.
- Pacific Mall is open all weekend.
- Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens (60 Carlton St.) is open 10am to 8pm on Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
- Whole Foods Yorkville (87 Avenue Rd.) is open Good Friday from 10am to 6pm.
- T&T Supermarkets in Markham and Scarborough are open for business as usual.
- Pusateri's three locations are open Good Friday from 8am to 6pm but closed Easter Sunday.
- Call ahead, as restaurants citywide are taking the day off at their own discretion.
- Fish and chip shops will be in their element on this customary fish-eating day. Check out our best of list for where to go, or take a look at our directory of Toronto fish and chip shops here.
- The beer stores may be closed -- but local breweries are generally open! Steam Whistle Brewery (255 Bremner Blvd.) is running tours every half hour, offering visitors complimentary Pilsner and selling pints, single bottles and cans.
- The Evergreen Brickworks (550 Bayview Ave.) hosts a special edition of Brewer's Backyard dubbed Great Friday from noon until 6pm. Admission is free, plus there will be a free shuttle to the Mill Street Beer Hall for an after party.
- Aunties & Uncles (74 Lippincott St.) is open on Good Friday, but closed Saturday to Monday.
- Attractions such as the AGO (10am to 4pm), the ROM (regular hours), Ripley's Aquarium of Canada (9am to 9pm), TIFF Bell Lightbox (10am to 10pm) will be open.
- Most of the shops, galleries and restaurants in the Distillery District remain open all weekend.
- Major movie theatres are open across the city.
Did we leave something out? Please let us know in the comments section below.