Thursday, October 23, 2014Partly Cloudy 6°C
Eat & Drink

Duggan's Brewery to open new brewpub in Parkdale

Posted by Natalia Manzocco / August 19, 2014

duggans breweryIt's been three long, brewpub-less years for Duggan's Brewery since its former home at Richmond and Victoria shut its doors. Finally, after a few years of making their trademark #9 IPA out of Etobicoke's Cool Beer Brewing, it looks like the brewery will have another streetside location to call its very own - this time in Parkdale.

The new Duggan's Brewery Parkdale, located at 1346 Queen St. West, has been operating on a pop-up basis over the summer, but it looks like the location will soon be full-time. For now, you can roll by on Thursday and Saturday evenings and sample their their #5 Sorachi Lager, #13 Hefeweizen, flagship #9 IPA, and a brand-new brew, #46 Parkdale Bomber. (As the name suggests, it's mighty, strong). Snacks are available now, with a full menu on the way for the scheduled October grand opening.

Photo via Duggan's on Twitter.

Michael Kristensen / August 19, 2014 at 08:56 am
Cool new look at
K-Borg / August 19, 2014 at 11:11 am
Neat-o!
trickydisco / August 19, 2014 at 11:39 am
sweet!!!
jameson / August 19, 2014 at 12:36 pm
stumbled across this accidently on the weekend. nice to see something a bit more local driven in parkdale
1 / August 19, 2014 at 12:53 pm
One of the original ho-hum imitation american IPAs
James / August 19, 2014 at 02:23 pm
I wish them well in Parkdale. The location the are in is failed Kanji sushi spot on the corner of Brock and Queen st. I hope they make it welcoming and warm, Kanji was dark and sterile and felt like it should've been on Bay St. There are already many popular bars in the area (Cadillac Lounge, Stones Place, Rhino, P&L, etc, etc) So if this place isn't warm and inviting it will sit empty like Kanji did. This is not an upscale neighborhood. Keep it real and the residents will respond.
bobo / August 19, 2014 at 08:28 pm
It's not bellwoods, so the hipsters won't bother. Maybe the 905ers who like to 'party' in Parkdale, and the trustifarians of Parkdale will keep it afloat. Best of luck to them. I still miss the old location downtown.
Elliot realNESS / August 19, 2014 at 11:30 pm
If you could buy a case from the brewery shop there on a holiday it would be a fan favourite in Parkdale. you will move more product on those days than any other....
Matt / August 20, 2014 at 05:59 am
I can't say enough negative things about Duggans. I was happy to see them close their doors on Victoria after the terrible service and even more appalling response from management I received when a waitress added a bogus tip on my CC. I hope they fail in their new home too.
Bort Bortenstein / August 20, 2014 at 10:58 am
I thought the service at Duggans was great. I was there around a dozen times, never had a problem.... Though the staff appeared to be drinking far more than they were selling...