Toronto Restaurant Openings: El Caballito, NODO, Grasshopper, College Street Diner, Patois, Lucky Red
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- CopaCabana Brazilian grillhouse has opened another location at 230 Adelaide Street West.
- El Caballito, a new antojitos and tequila bar is now open at 220 King Street West.
- Grasshopper Restaurant, a casual new vegetarian eatery is now open at 310 College Street (formerly Mexi-Can Market).
- Wildfire Steakhouse & Wine Bar has opened a second location in the Cosmopolitan Hotel (8 Colborne Street). [Post City]
- College Street Diner is set to reopen in place of Maggie's at 400 College Street. The brunch spot is long overdue for a makeover and is set to reopen by week's end.
- NODO, a new Italian restaurant and wine bar is opening soon on Dundas Street West in the Junction [via @junctionTO]
- Patois Restaurant inspired by chef Craig Wong's Jamaican-Chinese heritage is opening at 794 Dundas Street West (the floral storefront with the pink cursive mom sign).
- Banh Mi Boys is opening new spot called Lucky Red, a bao shop at 318 Spadina Avenue. [Toronto Life]
- New barbecue and bourbon destination, Smoque N' Bones is opening at 869 Queen Street West (formerly Gino's Pizza). [Post City]
- Muchos Latin Cuisine is slated to open in Mississauga at 1971 Lakeshore Road West.
- Chai Healthy Choices, the Leaside brunch spot at 1575 Bayview Avenue is dunzo.
- The Artisan Baker at 1423 Yonge Street joins the deadpool.
- Comebuy Bubble Tea at 238 Queen Street West is closed.
- Mt Everest (469 Bloor Street) closed at the beginning of the month. (via Chowhound)
- Phil's Original BBQ at 838 College Street on College at Ossington has smoked its last brisket.
- Not even a year old, Dyne Restaurant at 120 Avenue Road is now closed. [Post City]
- The Happy Hooker (887 Dundas Street West) is now licensed to serve booze and is doing pints, tall cans and cocktails.
- The Home of the Brave (589 King Street West) now does take-out.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com