Toronto Food Events: Maple Syrup Festival, Borrel, Pancake Tuesday, Cake Walks, Rapid Freeze Workshop
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Sugarbush season is here, Maple Syrup Festival begins Saturday, March 1st at Kortright Centre for Conservation (9550 Pine Valley Drive) and will run daily from 9:30am to 5pm until April 6th.
- The Ossington (61 Ossington Avenue) hosts a Borrel, on Sunday March 2nd from 2pm to 5pm. The weekly afternoon event celebrates the Dutch tradition of slowing down the day with good company, drinks and comfort foods like stamppot, bitterballen and poffertjes.
- Celebrate Pancake Tuesday at Fresh Start Coffee Co. (655 Bay Street) on Tuesday, March 4th from 7am 'til noon. All proceeds from the 11th Annual Pancake Breakfast will benefit the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Momofuku Milk Bar is holding an afternoon of cake walk (one per hour) from noon to 3pm on Sunday, March 2nd. The tradition includes music, dancing and free cakes. Then on Monday, March 3rd Milk Bar is doing a flash giveaway of free chocolate malt cake truffles for the first 100 guests.
- Boccone (1378 Yonge Street) hosts La joie de vivre au chocolat, a sweet and savoury chocolate tasting dinner with Eyal Liebman. Tickets are $120 for the six course dinner with wine pairings happening Thursday, March 6th at 7pm.
- Cake artist April Julian leads the decorating workshop Sushi Cake! Intro to Cake Art on Monday, March 10th at 6:30pm at The Depanneur (1033 College Street). Tickets are $40.
- Chef John Placko of the Modern Culinary Academy hosts a hands-on Rapid Freeze Workshop on Saturday, April 12th from 11:30am to 2:30pm at The Kitchen Canada (24 Ronson Drive Unit #11 ). The class costs $110 and is focused on creating rapid chilled desserts using liquid nitrogen and an anti-griddle.
- The Happy Hooker (887 Dundas West) celebrates its one year anniversary next week with deals announced daily online. Starting the celebration early, double fish filet sandwiches are on special for just $2 today, Friday February 28th.