Toronto Food Events: Eat to the Beat, Whisky Live, Guy Fawkes Bonfire & Dinner, Gluten Free Garage
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Cask Days is on this Saturday, October 19th and Sunday the 20th. The almost sold out (Sunday tickets may still be available) festival of cask-conditioned craft beers will bring together 124 breweries to tap 230 casks at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue) over the weekend.
- Smoke's Poutinerie will be dishing out free poutine to spectators, when they present The World Poutine Eating Championship this Saturday, October 19th from 10am to 5pm at Yonge and Dundas Square.
- Lobster Fest Sundays return to The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen Street West) on October 20th. Reserve a table to take part in the $37 dinner featuring one-pound lobster with all the fixings and a pint of Mill St. Organic Lager.
- Eat to the Beat will bring together 60 female chefs on Tuesday, October 22nd at 7pm for a fundraiser event in support of Willow Breast Cancer Support Canada. Tickets are $175 (charitable tax reciepts issued) for the reception happening at Roy Thompson Hall featuring fine food and beverage stations.
- Outclass and 416 Snack Bar host a pop-up shop at 218 Bathurst Street launching on Thursday, October 24th and continuing until Saturday, October 26th.
- Tickets are still available for The Delicious Food Show, happening next weekend from October 25th to 27th at the Better Living Centre.
- Whisky Live will take place at the Westin Harbour Castle (1 Harbour Square) on Friday, November 1st. The event offers a dinner buffet, live entertainment and ample opportunities to sample local and international whisking. Standard tickets admit one from 6:30pm to 10pm and cost $85; Master Class and VIP costs additional.
- The Bristol Yard is taking reservations now for Guy Fawkes bonfire and dinner party on Tuesday, November 5th at 7pm. The $20 banger menu will feature seven varieties of UK sausages plus veggies, mash, Yorkshire puddings and dessert.
- The Gluten Free Garage is returning to Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie Street) on Sunday, November 17th from 10am to 4pm. Admission is $10 for the daytime event featuring guest speakers, vendors and food trucks.
- Eight Wine Bar at the Cosmopolitan Hotel (8 Colborne Street) has launched Why Wait for The Weekend Wednesdays featuring $5 drink specials from 5pm to 8pm each hump day.
Photo of Lobster Fest Sundays at the Drake