Toronto Restaurant Openings: The Chase Fish & Oyster, Lot St., Que Supper Club, Libertine, The Local Gest
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- The Chase Fish & Oyster officially opens for dinner at 5pm tomorrow, Friday, August 9th at 10 Temperance Street.
- Lot St. opened this week at 685 Queen Street West and is serving up a menu of farm fresh, nouveau Canadian fare.
- Que Supper Club opened a couple weeks back at 364 Queen Street East and is offering a cross cultural take on BBQ with a menu that includes Redneck Sushi (think brisket or pulled pork rolls), fusion tacos in tandoori chicken and banh mi variations.
- Three Small Rooms is now open at 51 St Nicholas Street, formerly Matignon Restaurant Francais.
- Libertine Restaurant + Bar, a new unmarked, speakeasy style restaurant is slated to open at 1307 Dundas Street West next week. Leonie Lilla (formerly of Momofuku Daishō) is heading up the kitchen.
- The Local Gest is soon to open at 424 Parliament Street replacing Cabbagetown stalwart of 29 years, Ben Wicks.
- The CNE opens next week (August 16th) and the team behind the Blue Donkey food truck is ready to debut two new concepts. We already reported on Spread, a Nutella themed stand that plans to serve up sweet potato nutella fries with sea salt and french toast battered, deep-fried bananas. Offering a healthier spin, the second concept, Dot GR Fresh Greek Yogurt the stand will offer fresh house made greek yogurt in sweet and savoury (think yogurt and salmon) variations. Look for both concepts in the Food Building (210 Princes' Boulevard).
- Red Fish has joined the deadpool lists. The windows at 890 College Street have been papered nearly a year after opening.
- Momofuku Daishō now boasts an outdoor patio.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo by Carly Miller