Wednesday, October 1, 2014Light Drizzle 15°C
Eat & Drink

Toronto Restaurant Openings: The Chase Fish & Oyster, Lot St., Que Supper Club, Libertine, The Local Gest

Posted by Liora Ipsum / August 8, 2013

Chase Restaurant TorontoToronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.

OPEN

• The Chase Fish & Oyster officially opens for dinner at 5pm tomorrow, Friday, August 9th at 10 Temperance Street.
  • Lot St. opened this week at 685 Queen Street West and is serving up a menu of farm fresh, nouveau Canadian fare.
  • Que Supper Club opened a couple weeks back at 364 Queen Street East and is offering a cross cultural take on BBQ with a menu that includes Redneck Sushi (think brisket or pulled pork rolls), fusion tacos in tandoori chicken and banh mi variations.
  • Three Small Rooms is now open at 51 St Nicholas Street, formerly Matignon Restaurant Francais.

OPENING SOON

• Libertine Restaurant + Bar, a new unmarked, speakeasy style restaurant is slated to open at 1307 Dundas Street West next week. Leonie Lilla (formerly of Momofuku Daishō) is heading up the kitchen.
  • The Local Gest is soon to open at 424 Parliament Street replacing Cabbagetown stalwart of 29 years, Ben Wicks.
  • The CNE opens next week (August 16th) and the team behind the Blue Donkey food truck is ready to debut two new concepts. We already reported on Spread, a Nutella themed stand that plans to serve up sweet potato nutella fries with sea salt and french toast battered, deep-fried bananas. Offering a healthier spin, the second concept, Dot GR Fresh Greek Yogurt the stand will offer fresh house made greek yogurt in sweet and savoury (think yogurt and salmon) variations. Look for both concepts in the Food Building (210 Princes' Boulevard).

CLOSING

• Red Fish has joined the deadpool lists. The windows at 890 College Street have been papered nearly a year after opening.

OTHER NEWS

Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to liora@blogto.com

Photo by Carly Miller

Shannon / August 8, 2013 at 10:52 am
What is in the cover photo? Looks like deliciousness on a bun! On the street!
kingstink / August 8, 2013 at 11:29 am
I do believe thats from The Chase
Shannon replying to a comment from kingstink / August 8, 2013 at 04:01 pm
Thanks!
ret / August 8, 2013 at 11:35 pm
Red Fish has closed! That is truely sad... they made some of the best fish i've tasted... and amazing gnocchi!
Joe / August 21, 2013 at 01:58 pm

I was at the Chase for lunch today at the suggestion of a friend heard it was new place to check out. I ordered the chicken with the slaw from the entrée portion of the menu at the suggestion of the waitress along with a sparkling water. The place was relatively empty when I arrived at 12 and was very full at 1:20 when I left, I left because the food I had ordered had not yet arrived while everyone around me who came as much as an 40 minutes after me had their food. There was no explanation from anyone just "is everything ok?" Naturally I asked for my bill (sparkling water) paid and left (they actually made me pay, which was the best part of this bad experience. lol) I can not imagine that your restaurant will survive with that kind of service needless to say my friend and and my fellow office workers will not be going there and I am sure word will spread.
Www.Romanens.net / October 27, 2013 at 11:22 pm
Lob Golden Safe: Lob explosove golden vaults skylanders swap force
games at your enemies 200 Treasure. He has this
huge horseshoe shaped magnet that allows hhim to pick up cards under the space.
Qr.net / March 21, 2014 at 12:21 pm
4 Tackle box, you do not need any specialist gear to fish thee nearby
Bahamas. Beaver dams, more like weirs than dams, overflow at the edges,
braiding the stream and creating complexity which benefits
fish and fishing zara spook may made new redds. At top-quality glance by an lotte fishing
zara spook that it is wouldn't seem all that unique. When deciding on your rod blank
the most strategic matter to uphold in heed what weight
do you need so many? Nicholas, everybody seems to have taken precedence
over form.