The Corner Store is a new micro-shop in Toronto that sells unique, mostly handcrafted treasures sourced from New York and California. The shop lies deep in the ground floor of...
Crown Flora opened just over two months ago in Parkdale. It's instantly noticeable for its somewhat at-odds double window display--on one side, a carpet of moss is speckled with terrariums,...
General Tao is the type of store in which I could spend hours. Perhaps it's a sign that my delayed sense of adulthood is taking over, because I'm becoming more...
Monocle began as a magazine, and later morphed into a global media brand. But to the unbriefed and average College Street passerby, Monocle is just a new eclectic little boutique...
Kid Icarus has moved. But don't worry, no additional treks across town will be needed--they've moved onto Augusta Ave., continuing owner's Michael Viglione 14-year-long tenancy of Kensington Market. "What we...
EQ3 (Liberty Village) has thrown itself into the Liberty Village furniture battle. With Casalife and West Elm already battling to deck out those Liberty Village one-bedroom-plus-dens, EQ3 unveiled its two-storey...
Suitcase Vintage strikes me as the truest incarnation of what one might call a "nostalgia shop." Now, as anyone who has seen Midnight in Paris likely knows, the term doesn't offer...
Stoudfoot's design creations are in restaurants all around Toronto. From both Origins to Colborne Lane, for which Jason Stroud added a heavy dose of his design touch, to elements in...
Stacklab tries to distinguish itself from Toronto's other reclaimed wood design shops in one important way — and it involves impressive (at least, to me) computer software. "We're not just...
Everyday Housewife, as a name, makes sense when you see Bev Hisey's collection of vintage glass and ceramic housewares. The bright orange vases, lime green glass pieces, and assortment of...
Even & Odd is a pretty little home decor boutique that sits in a slightly less pretty and little stretch of Toronto's Corktown. As I make my way along Queen to...
Gautier is the latest addition to Toronto's fancy furniture row, otherwise known as King East. The new shop hosts the designs of a 50-year-old French brand that, despite the going...
Above Ground Art Supplies in the Junction is the second location of of the original art supply store on McCaul Street near OCAD. While the first Above Ground planted its...
Tosho Knife Arts is probably one of the worst places to visit in Toronto with a clumsy coworker or toddler in tow. That's because the Mirvish Village latest addition proudly...
Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts is a petite little shop straddling Koreatown and the Annex. Inside, there are soft touches of olive green on the walls, juxtaposed by colours, shapes,...
Haveli Home is making a slow move from Liberty Village to the Junction. While the original location on East Liberty Street still remains open (for now), the new (and soon...
Suite 22 is a Markham design shop offering modern Italian furniture and decor. Exclusively. While the trend in furniture shops nowadays seems to be offering a bit from here and...
Julien Armand has a truly outstanding collection of chairs. Lucky for you, high-end furniture-buyer, they're displayed dramatically up the height of the showroom's walls. Just look up; no shuffling required....
Miracle Thieves is a new creative space and retail consignment shop at the corner of Dundas and Crawford. It's rather ambiguous-looking from the outside peeking in, but that's kind of...
Canadian Salvaged Timber is a haven for lumber lovers. As both a design shop and reclaimed wood wholesaler, CST serves a whole range of clients including homeowners, restaurateurs, interior designers...
Elte has a new second floor showroom that's a little more modern, a little more hip, and a little less expensive than its main floor retail. Elte is known for...
Blackbird Vintage Finds in the Distillery District is owner Paula DiRenzo's second take on vintage décor. She decided to close up her previous store, Fleur de Terre, which was on...
Find a Design Store
Use the filters below to show just the design stores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Design Stores by Category
- Cards, Paper And Stationery
- Classic Furniture
- Contemporary Furniture
- Custom And Re-furbished Furniture
- Design Accessories
Find Design Stores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (19)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (7)
- Beaches (7)
- Bloor West Village (4)
- Bloorcourt (2)
- Bloordale Village (4)
- Cabbagetown (3)
- Castlefield Design District (14)
- Chinatown (4)
- Church Wellesley Village (1)
- Corktown (5)
- Corso Italia (2)
- Danforth (4)
- Distillery District (16)
- Dundas West (9)
- Etobicoke (1)
- Harbourfront (1)
- Junction (15)
- Junction Triangle (3)
- Kensington Market (4)
- King East (21)
- King West (5)
- Koreatown (1)
- Leslieville (16)
- Liberty Village (8)
- Little Italy (6)
- Markham (2)
- Mount Pleasant (6)
- North York (6)
- Ossington (1)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (8)
- Queen West (16)
- Riverside (10)
- Roncesvalles Village (5)
- Rosedale (12)
- Scarborough (1)
- St. Clair West (4)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- Upper Beaches (1)
- West Queen West (22)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (1)
- Yonge & Bloor (3)
- Yonge & Eglinton (6)
- Yonge & Lawrence (5)
- Yonge & St. Clair (4)
- Yorkville (13)
Look up design stores on the go.
- Studio Pazo Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Regardless, just...
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies Reading these comments, no wonder he's cranky. He sounds like a knowledgeable artist who doesn't take any crap. Actually he sounds like a hoot! I think I'll visit the place...
- The Corner Store After reading this overwrought thread there was only one thing to do: Check this place out. Pictures can be misleading. Sorry to suck the air out of room but this...
- The Corner Store Hey 'Reality' please enlighten us young people as an "older and wiser person that is far more qualified to curate something", what you're doing that is so incredible. Please....
- The Corner Store What a strange converstaion here! This is a cute shop with interesting stuff in an unlikely venue... Good on Peter Ash Lee for bringing a little light into the lost spaces of...
- The Corner Store How 20-something-year-olds feel qualified to "curate" anything is beyond me. Having said that, I don't see anything amiss with this shop is particular. If there are people with the...
- The Corner Store So Canada's unemployment rate is due to not enough people being suckered into buying junk from an overpriced garage sale? Canada's unemployment rate is on par with other Western industrialized...
- The Corner Store Hilarious. Such overpriced garbage. I love reading the paper-thin justification for the prices: "support local", "support uniqueness" (what?), "it's high-end" or "if you can't afford it go to the dollar...
- The Corner Store See, you're the perfect customer. Go ahead and pay $40 for your 1" strips of leather.
- The Corner Store look at the location?! it is TOTALLY marketing to that neighbourhood. no hipster will be affected by this, as it's north of bloor. keep calm and carry on.
- Haveli Home (The Junction) Hi there would you mind letting me know which webhost you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot...
- The Corner Store Nancy, this admittedly cute shop is a sentimental garage sale of superfluous trinkets. It is not a reversal of the complex globalization that enabled us to farm out all the...
- Studio Pazo I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more...
- The Corner Store The target audience for this place is def not on this site. They a little high end while we all more street, more groove, more juvenile.
- The Corner Store And Jeff, I would totally agree about the unequal economic, materialistic and disjointed cultural times. Because people like YOU shop at walmart. Do you have any idea where your junk...
- The Corner Store Congratulations - looks like a fabulous store and can't wait to check it out next time I'm in Toronto. And to the rest of the complainers: don't like it? Can't...
- The Corner Store I dont understand the random hate. If this store was in Kensington market all you hipsters would lose your mind. Have you been to this store? Its cute as fuck...
- The Corner Store There's always the dollar store
- The Corner Store There's always the dollar store boys. X
- The Corner Store I totally agree with you JS! It's definitely the mom and pop stores in Toronto that are causing the increasingly unequal economic, materialistic and disjointed cultural times.
- The Corner Store It's okay Gerda, I don't think you're the target audience for this store anyway... Why spend money on unique products made by independent designers when you get the same stuff...
- The Corner Store Hey, Joff, maybe she is the one he sends to the yard sales to collect trinkets and stuff for 10 cents so her boss can 'curate' them in his mind...
- The Corner Store Lol Kayla works there
- The Corner Store So happy to see such a beautifully curated shop in this Centre. There are so many beautiful and unique items that are perfect for gifts.
- The Corner Store You want to sell "curated" objects (more crap that people don't need) inspired by and geared to New Yorkers and L.A? Well take your derivative "art" pieces and go sell...
- The Corner Store Nailed it in one, Stan. Any time you hear BS like: "consistency in the aesthetics of the store" it's got to be a junk merchant talking. Flea markets have better...
- The Corner Store Overpriced junk... The stuff they sell here is nothing more then a dust collectors No Thank you!
- Chief Salvage Co. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance. I...
- Hideaway Antiques http://comprarecialisitalia.lo.gs/ - cialis online comprare cialis
- Thank You A 'stuff' store! yippee! i love stuff!
Most Commented On
- EQ3 83 Comments
- Blue Banana Market 57 Comments
- Shelter Furniture 55 Comments
- Equilibrium 53 Comments
- Russet and Empire 51 Comments
- Mokuba 45 Comments
- Design Republic 44 Comments
- Phil'z 20th Century Design 41 Comments
- InDesign Furnishings 40 Comments
- CB2 Toronto 36 Comments
- Metropolis Living 35 Comments
- The Queen West Antique Centre 34 Comments
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies 33 Comments
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts 33 Comments
- WANT Passport 30 Comments
- Cubeshops 29 Comments
- Sweetpea's 29 Comments
- Alternative Arts 28 Comments
- Coriander Girl 28 Comments
- The Arthur 26 Comments
- Kimberley Jackson 24 Comments
- East West Futons 23 Comments
- Blackbird Vintage Finds 23 Comments
- BYOB 21 Comments
- Canadian Salvaged Timber 21 Comments
- Homebase 21 Comments
- DeSerres 19 Comments
- Chief Salvage Co. 19 Comments
- Cabinet Furniture 19 Comments
- Paloranta 18 Comments
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- 12 looks from Garrison Bespoke's cigar & scotch party
- This Week in Fashion: Midnight MRKT, Trinity Bellwoods Yard Sale, Standard Apparel Sample Sale
- 30 looks from inside the Philip Sparks factory
- This Week in Fashion: Hudson's Bay Outlet announced, Outclass spring/summer launch party, PYA Sample Sale
- Street Style: dressed for the start of patio season
- 5 shops to check out at Vintage Crawl Toronto
- This Week in Fashion: Drake General Store opens new location, Absolutely Vintage, Philip Sparks Open Factory
- The top 10 looks from [FAT] Arts & Fashion Week 2013