London Calling is a home decor and foodstuffs shop in Cabbagetown specializing in - you guessed it - things from Britain. Having lived in London for some time, I was...
Suite 22 Interiors on Richmond is the brand-new downtown sister location of the ultra-modern Markham furniture store of the same name. Like its predecessor, the new shop, located at Richmond...
I Have A Crush On You is a gift shop meets gallery meets workshop that found its first home in Liberty Village at the end of May. If you need...
Stowaway Vintage is a sweet little shop tucked into Melanie Machado's front room. The little shop at Dovercourt and Hallam, just south of Dupont Street, is crammed full of more...
Annex Pawn is a sea of pirate's treasure, with contents that span everything from the sartorial to the functional. But everything in the store is sprinkled with a little bit...
Len: Democratic Purveyors of Fine Art & Beautiful Things is a very small shop for such a long name. Housed in a shallow storefront a stone's throw from Coxwell Station,...
Mindzai, a new toy shop tucked away just off Spadina, shares an already tight space with street art supply store Homebase, so it's no surprise every wall is stacked floor-to-ceiling...
An Arts Market has opened on College Street. Yes, west-end artists and shopping enthusiasts - good news! Leslieville's Arts Market recently opened a second location on College just west of...
Likely General opened yesterday in Roncesvalles, and I knew it was a winner before I even stepped in the door. How, you ask? Owner Brooke Manning has a chalkboard sign...
Spruce is a new home decor shop in Cabbagetown, whose owners focus on sourcing objects made in North America and collecting fun vintage items to put up for sale. The...
The Corner Store is a new micro-shop in Toronto that sells unique, mostly handcrafted treasures sourced from New York and California. The shop lies deep in the ground floor of...
Ransack the Universe is Bloordale's one-stop shop for vintage goods, records, local crafts, jewelry, and one-of-a-kind decor. Originally located in the basement of 1207 Bloor Street West, the store recently...
Monocle began as a magazine, and later morphed into a global media brand. But to the unbriefed and average College Street passerby, Monocle is just a new eclectic little boutique...
Kid Icarus has moved. But don't worry, no additional treks across town will be needed--they've moved onto Augusta Ave., continuing owner's Michael Viglione 14-year-long tenancy of Kensington Market. "What we...
EQ3 (Liberty Village) has thrown itself into the Liberty Village furniture battle. With Casalife and West Elm already battling to deck out those Liberty Village one-bedroom-plus-dens, EQ3 unveiled its two-storey...
Suitcase Vintage strikes me as the truest incarnation of what one might call a "nostalgia shop." Now, as anyone who has seen Midnight in Paris likely knows, the term doesn't offer...
Verso has a somewhat unusual address. A black pylon outside of West Queen West fixture INAbstracto announces it, but you have to pass through to the back, where you'll find...
Hideaway Antiques recently renovated its Parkdale home to provide a more leisurely experience of looking for antiques. Those who pine for the thrill of the hunt should not be dismayed...
Ecotique is Roncesvalles' very own eco-minded boutique. While the Roncy community does have more than a few green options in its neighbourhood — Sweetpea's for seasonal florals, Scout and Fresh...
Gautier is the latest addition to Toronto's fancy furniture row, otherwise known as King East. The new shop hosts the designs of a 50-year-old French brand that, despite the going...
Above Ground Art Supplies in the Junction is the second location of of the original art supply store on McCaul Street near OCAD. While the first Above Ground planted its...
Find a Design Store
Use the filters below to show just the design stores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Design Stores by Category
- Cards, Paper And Stationery
- Classic Furniture
- Contemporary Furniture
- Custom And Re-furbished Furniture
- Design Accessories
Find Design Stores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (22)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (6)
- Beaches (7)
- Bloor West Village (7)
- Bloorcourt (3)
- Bloordale Village (6)
- Cabbagetown (6)
- Castlefield Design District (15)
- Chinatown (4)
- Church Wellesley Village (1)
- Corktown (5)
- Corso Italia (2)
- Danforth (10)
- Distillery District (15)
- Dundas West (17)
- East Chinatown (1)
- Etobicoke (3)
- Junction (15)
- Junction Triangle (2)
- Kensington Market (5)
- King East (27)
- King West (4)
- Koreatown (3)
- Leslieville (16)
- Liberty Village (9)
- Little Italy (9)
- Markham (3)
- Mount Pleasant (6)
- North York (10)
- Ossington (1)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (8)
- Queen West (17)
- Riverside (9)
- Roncesvalles Village (8)
- Rosedale (17)
- Scarborough (4)
- St. Clair West (4)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- West Queen West (25)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (1)
- Yonge & Bloor (2)
- Yonge & College (2)
- Yonge & Eglinton (8)
- Yonge & Lawrence (5)
- Yonge & St. Clair (5)
- Yonge & Wellesley (2)
- Yorkville (12)
Look up design stores on the go.
- London Calling It always comes over that British in Canada and the U.S. means everything that is English, rather than inclusive of the other component countries that make up Britain. But that...
- London Calling Albatross! I get the need for a store like this, but Fairy Liquid, really?
- London Calling When, of when, will a British store start stocking Oxo CUBES. The rubbish that Knorr is putting out in North America - packets of crystallized, tasteless dust - is...
- CB2 Toronto Its hard trying to pick what to optimise on my own blog, is manual linkbuilding really worth it? Shared on StumbleUpon, someone will like it!
- London Calling best selection of UK food in Toronto. although…quite a bit more expensive. and rude sales guy.
- London Calling LOL LOL @ flattened meatballs. Meatballs comment shows that their balls are not that meaty....pity. (^;^)
- London Calling Know what I hope? Someone steps on your meatballs. Hard. You sound like you have a serious case of assholitus.
- London Calling As someone who was once a customer and than an employee of the UK Tuck Shop, I can tell you that London Calling is MUCH BETTER. The owner of UK Tuck...
- London Calling There is so little merchandise in this shop, and coupled with a rude salesperson, I won't be in any rush to return. Much of the same inventory of consumables...
- London Calling Grenson shoes? Mostly made in India now and a shadow of it's former selves. The only stores that sell them are the next step up from a...
- London Calling I was kind of surprised when they opened because there's already a British foodstuffs store up the street on Parliament near Winchester. I think it's called the UK Tuck Shop. Which...
- London Calling Based on the photo of the rather small selection, Walker's Cheese and Onion (blue), Salt and Vinegar (green).
- London Calling Great idea and cute looking store. But you know that Walmart sells all these Brit food items (and more) at a better price?
- London Calling ? ??king lovelllllllllly. The bees knees
- London Calling Branston here is even less chunky than the UK 'for sandwiches' version. I wish 'Keep Calm' would Go and Fuck Off. Much like Anglophiles and teaboos.
- London Calling Do you get wafers with it?
- London Calling but do they have Jaffa cakes????
- London Calling what kind of crisps do they have?
- London Calling There's already two shops ( Donlands, Queen St E) that supply all my Anglo comfort foods !
- London Calling Seems like a pretty cool store, with lots of cool stuff. A must.
- Wonder Pens With NaNoWriMo beginning in just over a week, I will definitely be popping by!
- Demarco-Perpich the most beautiful flowers ever!! And they could not be more on the cutting edge of elegance, and good taste!
- OneTwenty Modern I realize it sounds cheap, however, I discovered an incredible vintage outdoors lantern on a hard rubbish set on the weekend! Now I am in search of wrought iron patio chairs...
- Coriander Girl is there a rule about opening shoppes earlier than 12PM on sundays? i'd really like to check this place out (upon discovering that my favourite florist - sweet peas on roncy...
- Kay and Young's Went to Kay and Young's after reading this blog cuz I thought they were affordable. They end up being the more expensive ones from the whole block of florist. The...
- Kimberley Jackson Alf's Antiques on Bermondsey. Pricier and a little slow, but fantastic.
- Fresh Floral Creations Buy only the medicines that use legal (and above all safe) ingredients that are known to aid muscle fibre growth. If you want to finally get that strong body, the...
- Kimberley Jackson KJ took our deposit in June and after promising it would be done 'in a week,' 'tomorrow,' 'soon' simply never delivered. Now they have closed up shop and are not responding...
- King Textiles Do you carry material for wedding dresses, lace with crystals on it?
- Haveli Home (The Junction) Nice to see your this furniture collection. Just loved and found somewhat similar to our product range. You can also check our antique furniture online at www.riseonly.com We are manufacturer of...
Most Commented On
- EQ3 83 Comments
- Blue Banana Market 58 Comments
- Shelter Furniture 58 Comments
- Equilibrium 53 Comments
- Russet and Empire 52 Comments
- Likely General 50 Comments
- Phil'z 20th Century Design 48 Comments
- Mokuba 48 Comments
- Design Republic 46 Comments
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies 41 Comments
- InDesign Furnishings 40 Comments
- CB2 Toronto 38 Comments
- Metropolis Living 36 Comments
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts 36 Comments
- The Queen West Antique Centre 35 Comments
- Sweetpea's 33 Comments
- Alternative Arts 32 Comments
- WANT Passport 30 Comments
- Cubeshops 29 Comments
- Coriander Girl 29 Comments
- Kimberley Jackson 28 Comments
- The Arthur 28 Comments
- Smash 24 Comments
- Cabinet Furniture 24 Comments
- The Paper Place 23 Comments
- East West Futons 23 Comments
- Blackbird Vintage Finds 23 Comments
- Canadian Salvaged Timber 23 Comments
- DeSerres 22 Comments
- BYOB 22 Comments
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- How to do Toronto Fashion Week without an invite
- Toronto Fashion Week S/S 2015 preview
- Anthropologie moving into church on Queen Street
- The top 10 online stores for beauty products in Toronto
- Swedish fashion chain J. Lindeberg coming to Toronto
- Menswear brand gives TFC merch a new look
- Massive designer warehouse sale coming to Toronto
- Stollerys to close after 114 years at Yonge & Bloor