What The Vintage is Scarborough's go-to spot for vintage and mid-century modern furniture. The Coronation Dr. showroom is a vintage lover's dream - a stockroom overflowing with Danish teak pieces...
McCormick Imports is an enclave of Wee Britainnia on Danforth East. You've heard of Mom and Pop shops? Well, here's a Mom and Daughter shop. As if the Peter Rabbit...
Paintlounge is unlike any other Toronto lounge. Instead of bar stools, there are easels. Instead of cocktail attire, there are smocks. And instead of splashing drinks, you're splashing paint. The...
Love the Design has up until now been a Leslieville staple for artist and designer Christine Flynn's coveted rough-luxe furnishings. Last month, the shop officially opened a second location in...
Wonder Pens has found a way to bring back the written word. The little shop at Dundas and Bellwoods sells a huge assortment of fountain pens, ink, and stylin' little...
Easy Tiger is the kind of shop those in their twenties who work in design/fashion/media go to purchase birthday gifts for their friends in similar lines of work. Yes, it's...
Thank You, a one month old shop on West Queen West, can only be described as a treasure trove of found objects. Not simply an antique store, nor craft store,...
Ransack the Universe is Bloordale's one-stop shop for vintage goods, records, local crafts, jewelry, and one-of-a-kind decor. Originally located in the basement of 1207 Bloor Street West, the store recently...
WANT Passport has recently opened at Billy Bishop airport. If it has one mission, it's to keep its customers in the mile high club, or at least help them get...
Williams Craig Design Studio is making use of its new streetside digs by combining its corporate business with its own carefully curated design boutique. The firm spent more than 13 years...
Kid Icarus has moved. But don't worry, no additional treks across town will be needed--they've moved onto Augusta Ave., continuing owner's Michael Viglione 14-year-long tenancy of Kensington Market. "What we...
EQ3 (Liberty Village) has thrown itself into the Liberty Village furniture battle. With Casalife and West Elm already battling to deck out those Liberty Village one-bedroom-plus-dens, EQ3 unveiled its two-storey...
Metropolis Factory is like its original shop in the Junction, but on steroids. This warehouse totals 7,000 square feet, with ample room for Metropolis' oversized antique finds and custom salvage...
Verso has a somewhat unusual address. A black pylon outside of West Queen West fixture INAbstracto announces it, but you have to pass through to the back, where you'll find...
Hideaway Antiques recently renovated its Parkdale home to provide a more leisurely experience of looking for antiques. Those who pine for the thrill of the hunt should not be dismayed...
Ecotique is Roncesvalles' very own eco-minded boutique. While the Roncy community does have more than a few green options in its neighbourhood — Sweetpea's for seasonal florals, Scout and Fresh...
Homebase is a mecca for anyone interested in graffiti culture. The little shop on Camden Street near Queen and Spadina can't be easily classified — it's part gallery, part arts...
Hacher & Krain is a fine knife shop that pledges allegiance to a variety of forging regions. While there are some stores in Toronto, such as Tosho Knife Arts in...
CB2 opened its first Canadian store this week in the frame of what was once the Big Bop on Queen West. There are hints here and there of the place that...
ARTiculations is an art supply store that's more than an art supply store. It has its own semi-enclosed gallery space, a back room studio, and a roster full of workshops...
Arts Market is Toronto's first year-round artisan market, if you can believe it. And admittedly, I couldn't. I had to pause to think about it, but indeed, there are only...
Find a Design Store
Use the filters below to show just the design stores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Design Stores by Category
- Cards, Paper And Stationery
- Classic Furniture
- Contemporary Furniture
- Custom And Re-furbished Furniture
- Design Accessories
Find Design Stores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (20)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (7)
- Beaches (7)
- Bloor West Village (4)
- Bloorcourt (2)
- Bloordale Village (4)
- Cabbagetown (4)
- Castlefield Design District (14)
- Chinatown (4)
- Church Wellesley Village (1)
- Corktown (5)
- Corso Italia (2)
- Danforth (6)
- Distillery District (15)
- Dundas West (15)
- Etobicoke (3)
- Harbourfront (1)
- Junction (16)
- Junction Triangle (4)
- Kensington Market (5)
- King East (22)
- King West (4)
- Koreatown (2)
- Leslieville (16)
- Liberty Village (8)
- Little Italy (8)
- Markham (3)
- Mount Pleasant (6)
- North York (8)
- Ossington (1)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (8)
- Queen West (17)
- Riverside (12)
- Roncesvalles Village (8)
- Rosedale (13)
- Scarborough (3)
- St. Clair West (4)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- Upper Beaches (1)
- West Queen West (24)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (1)
- Yonge & Bloor (3)
- Yonge & Eglinton (7)
- Yonge & Lawrence (5)
- Yonge & St. Clair (4)
- Yorkville (13)
Look up design stores on the go.
- Smash I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger...
- MacFab What about wide fabrics (90 inch to 110) for tablecloths?
- Fabric Fabric I went March 10, 2014. The lighting is as bad as ever. There is dirt & dust everwhere. The air is very bad. For some fabrics,...
- Homebase http://www.ghdsukcheap.comGHDs UKhttp://www.raybanwayfarersglasses.co.ukCheap Ray Banshttp://fr.ibeatsbydrdre.com Beats Wirelesshttp://uk.ibeatsbydrdre.comBeats By Dre UKhttp://www.uk-beats.co.ukCheap Beats UKhttp://www.mulberryukforsale.co.ukMulberry UKhttp://www.redsoleshoespromo.com/Red Sole Shoeshttp://www.hiphaus.at/typo3conf/cheapkobe9.phpKobe 9 Elite
- Write Impressions am great
- Write Impressions i do not now what website means could u tell me
- Wise Daughters Craft Market Wise Daughters is now no longer. :(
- RE:Style Studio Not the best upholsterer for re-styling antique pieces. The one piece template drawn to create a new seat cushion was not accurate resulting in a sloppy look. The underneath material...
- Cornerstone I've purchased several pieces from Cornerstone with no issues. Great delivery, (although they do charge) very careful with items. In store service could be improve; they take a laissez faire...
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies I use to go there in the 70's to get my high school art supplies. The store owner was cranky but we expected that, didn't care, wasn't there for...
- Jade the Vintage Shop WE ARE OPEN AT LESLIEVILLE - 894 COLLEGE STREET, LOWER Toronto, ON M6H 1A4 Antique and Vintage Jewellery, Rare objects, Antiques Maps and Vintage Ephemera, curious 894 COLLEGE STREET, LOWER Toronto,...
- Shelter Furniture Brutal customer service. Purchased two items from Shelter and when I got home, I opened the boxes to find that BOTH items were incorrect. I called the store. No immediate...
- The Queen West Antique Centre ALWAYS found what I wanted here. Friendly no-intrusive staff. Great shop, great spot.
- Above Ground Art Supplies (Junction) This is a lovely little store, full of wonderful materials, and friendly staff. I have gone a few times and have always felt taken care of, plus they answer...
- GH Johnson Fully agree with all negative reviews. Ordered $10,000 worth of furniture, told everything was available and would be delivered in 6 weeks. 2 weeks later we received a...
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies Mr. G. was cranky 25 years ago when I first went there. It's amazing that his store is still open despite what a rude shithead he is. After...
- The Paper Place Was there to look for card stock paper to make engagement invites. Received some horrible service from a guy who just was not in the mood to help, but instead...
- The Paper Place A great store if you are looking for paper products. I spent about 40 minutes browsing it all. However, I was looking for high end journals and they didn't...
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies This store does have the lowest prices I've seen in Toronto. I almost always buy my art supplies here.
- Homebase Awesome!
- Design Republic Having recently bought a new house, my fiancé and I have been to nearly every furniture store in Toronto. Design Republic is one of the best in the city. Their...
- The Flower Nook I ordered flowers for my mother for Valentine's Day. I called 2 weeks before to ensure they would be delivered on THE DAY! I was assured that they...
- Green Light District Design We love this store! Bought a lamp from them and hoping at some point to buy some stools. Great unique pieces!
- Essence du Papier I make handmade cards, so can't wait to check this store out!
- Zig Zag We were excited to visit Zig Zag as they seemed to have some great pieces online but these posts of bad service were spot on. Unwelcoming staff did not even...
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts I stopped into this sweet little store last summer - my friends had to drag me out as I was making us late for our show ... there was so...
- The Paper Place No you are because bad customer service is bad customer service.
- The Paper Place This store has a great selection of Japanese papers but has terrible service. After buying paper from this store for over a year I have noticed that the staff members...
- B & J Trading hidden gem
- Wonder Pens I love this shop. My go-to for pens, ink, and paper. Their ink selection alone is dizzying! *must refrain from buying more*... Liz and Jon are super friendly and really...
Most Commented On
- EQ3 83 Comments
- Blue Banana Market 57 Comments
- Shelter Furniture 57 Comments
- Equilibrium 53 Comments
- Russet and Empire 52 Comments
- Likely General 48 Comments
- Phil'z 20th Century Design 46 Comments
- Mokuba 46 Comments
- Design Republic 46 Comments
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies 41 Comments
- InDesign Furnishings 40 Comments
- CB2 Toronto 37 Comments
- Metropolis Living 36 Comments
- The Queen West Antique Centre 35 Comments
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts 35 Comments
- Alternative Arts 32 Comments
- Sweetpea's 32 Comments
- WANT Passport 30 Comments
- Cubeshops 29 Comments
- Coriander Girl 28 Comments
- The Arthur 27 Comments
- Kimberley Jackson 25 Comments
- East West Futons 23 Comments
- Blackbird Vintage Finds 23 Comments
- Canadian Salvaged Timber 23 Comments
- Homebase 23 Comments
- The Paper Place 22 Comments
- Cabinet Furniture 22 Comments
- BYOB 22 Comments
- Smash 21 Comments
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- Designer aims to fund Fashion Week show via Indiegogo
- Honest Ed's signs selling online for "outrageous deals"
- This Week in Fashion: Babes & Gents Toronto collection, Toujours x Fidele Pop-Up, Fashion in the Digital World
- How the shOws does what Fashion Week can't
- 15 takes on cosplay from Toronto ComiCon 2014
- A sneak peek at the Honest Ed's sign sale
- Now you can own a piece of the Sutton Place Hotel
- Honest Ed's to auction off thousands of old signs