What The Vintage is Scarborough's go-to spot for vintage and mid-century modern furniture. The Coronation Dr. showroom is a vintage lover's dream - a stockroom overflowing with Danish teak pieces...
McCormick Imports is an enclave of Wee Britainnia on Danforth East. You've heard of Mom and Pop shops? Well, here's a Mom and Daughter shop. As if the Peter Rabbit...
Paintlounge is unlike any other Toronto lounge. Instead of bar stools, there are easels. Instead of cocktail attire, there are smocks. And instead of splashing drinks, you're splashing paint. The...
Love the Design has up until now been a Leslieville staple for artist and designer Christine Flynn's coveted rough-luxe furnishings. Last month, the shop officially opened a second location in...
Wonder Pens has found a way to bring back the written word. The little shop at Dundas and Bellwoods sells a huge assortment of fountain pens, ink, and stylin' little...
Easy Tiger is the kind of shop those in their twenties who work in design/fashion/media go to purchase birthday gifts for their friends in similar lines of work. Yes, it's...
Thank You, a one month old shop on West Queen West, can only be described as a treasure trove of found objects. Not simply an antique store, nor craft store,...
Ransack the Universe is Bloordale's one-stop shop for vintage goods, records, local crafts, jewelry, and one-of-a-kind decor. Originally located in the basement of 1207 Bloor Street West, the store recently...
WANT Passport has recently opened at Billy Bishop airport. If it has one mission, it's to keep its customers in the mile high club, or at least help them get...
Williams Craig Design Studio is making use of its new streetside digs by combining its corporate business with its own carefully curated design boutique. The firm spent more than 13 years...
Kid Icarus has moved. But don't worry, no additional treks across town will be needed--they've moved onto Augusta Ave., continuing owner's Michael Viglione 14-year-long tenancy of Kensington Market. "What we...
EQ3 (Liberty Village) has thrown itself into the Liberty Village furniture battle. With Casalife and West Elm already battling to deck out those Liberty Village one-bedroom-plus-dens, EQ3 unveiled its two-storey...
Metropolis Factory is like its original shop in the Junction, but on steroids. This warehouse totals 7,000 square feet, with ample room for Metropolis' oversized antique finds and custom salvage...
Verso has a somewhat unusual address. A black pylon outside of West Queen West fixture INAbstracto announces it, but you have to pass through to the back, where you'll find...
Hideaway Antiques recently renovated its Parkdale home to provide a more leisurely experience of looking for antiques. Those who pine for the thrill of the hunt should not be dismayed...
Ecotique is Roncesvalles' very own eco-minded boutique. While the Roncy community does have more than a few green options in its neighbourhood — Sweetpea's for seasonal florals, Scout and Fresh...
Homebase is a mecca for anyone interested in graffiti culture. The little shop on Camden Street near Queen and Spadina can't be easily classified — it's part gallery, part arts...
Hacher & Krain is a fine knife shop that pledges allegiance to a variety of forging regions. While there are some stores in Toronto, such as Tosho Knife Arts in...
CB2 opened its first Canadian store this week in the frame of what was once the Big Bop on Queen West. There are hints here and there of the place that...
ARTiculations is an art supply store that's more than an art supply store. It has its own semi-enclosed gallery space, a back room studio, and a roster full of workshops...
Arts Market is Toronto's first year-round artisan market, if you can believe it. And admittedly, I couldn't. I had to pause to think about it, but indeed, there are only...
Find a Design Store
Use the filters below to show just the design stores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Design Stores by Category
- Cards, Paper And Stationery
- Classic Furniture
- Contemporary Furniture
- Custom And Re-furbished Furniture
- Design Accessories
Find Design Stores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (19)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (7)
- Beaches (7)
- Bloor West Village (4)
- Bloorcourt (2)
- Bloordale Village (4)
- Cabbagetown (4)
- Castlefield Design District (14)
- Chinatown (4)
- Church Wellesley Village (1)
- Corktown (5)
- Corso Italia (2)
- Danforth (6)
- Distillery District (15)
- Dundas West (13)
- Etobicoke (3)
- Harbourfront (1)
- Junction (16)
- Junction Triangle (4)
- Kensington Market (5)
- King East (22)
- King West (5)
- Koreatown (2)
- Leslieville (14)
- Liberty Village (8)
- Little Italy (8)
- Markham (2)
- Mount Pleasant (6)
- North York (8)
- Ossington (1)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (8)
- Queen West (18)
- Riverside (11)
- Roncesvalles Village (6)
- Rosedale (13)
- Scarborough (2)
- St. Clair West (4)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- Upper Beaches (1)
- West Queen West (23)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (1)
- Yonge & Bloor (3)
- Yonge & Eglinton (7)
- Yonge & Lawrence (5)
- Yonge & St. Clair (4)
- Yorkville (13)
Look up design stores on the go.
- Alternative Arts I went here for some framing and had an awful experience. The place is very expensive which I don't mind if I'm getting what I pay for. They basically charge...
- Alternative Arts Such terrible service. The people that work there have no idea what they're doing. Pretty sure that the owner will go out of business soon.
- Foglie We ordered our wedding flowers from Foglie. We picked Foglie because we love how contemporary their arrangements are. Another wonderful adventage is that Foglie works within your budget to deliver...
- Spruce This store is amazing!! All of stuff they carry is so unique and special. Cabbage town is so lucky to have them in their hood. I wish they open another...
- Even & Odd I love this shop!! They carry beautiful products and their price point is so great!! I've seen same product at other store with waaay higher price than even & odd!...
- Len I've been this shop and talking to the owner. The owner knows what they sell and great knowledge for every product they sell. They are super friendly and...
- The Corner Store Happy to see this shop in Downtown Toronto. It's Great Store with beautiful collection. Classy and unique! Hope this shop doesn't close soon!
- McCormick Imports For the love of g_d, why don't you include the street address in your reviews? Surely you understand that is a key bit of information!
- What the Vintage Good post! (The link has the wrong address though)
- What the Vintage wow this is right around the corner from me can't wait to check it out!
- What the Vintage I am so impressed with the professional manner in which this business is run. John is top notch, and every piece that he prepares for his customers shows the level...
- What the Vintage Awesome pieces and great service ! I tell all of my friends about John and his store. Can't wait to see the new space !
- Phil'z 20th Century Design It seems like things never change over time and it amazes me how the same woman is still dealing with customers. I was in their today to inquire about a...
- What the Vintage Dig that orange fondue-set!
- What the Vintage my car will be vintage by the time it takes me to drive to this outpost.
- What the Vintage Hope he's got a variance to operate a retail store out of his garage when he moves! I really like what the vintage pieces, not amazing deals, but very nice...
- Kay and Young's Hello This is Dr. Wendy Karen I will like to order for 6 big bouquets flowers for my Son"s wedding and i want the price range of $250 per one...
- Len I love this store!! It's just so beautiful :)
- Len Len is amazing! Truly unique gifts and great people who run it.
- Len I love LEN. Great shop, always something new and interesting and I have found the best gifts there! A must to shop in the East End.
- Calligaris Also have a Calligaris Hyper table. One end works fine, and the other end sags 1/2 inch. A $2,000 glass table should align! A dare to Calligaris......
- Hideaway Antiques I'm looking for a retail store that will sell on consignment a venetian murano blown glass 25 piece sherry set (gold grapevine border)
- Kantelberg + Co. I'm looking for a retail store that will sell on consignment a Venetian murano blown glass sherry set 25 pieces of ruby glass (gold grapevine border
- Sharon O'Dowd I'm looking for a retail store in the GTA which will sell on consignment A Venetian Murano blown glass sherry 25 piece set ruby glass (gold grapevine border)
- Len nice one!
- Len Love local stores! Its stores like LEN that make Danforth East an amazing community :)
- Len Go show them the innovation that comes from out west. Headline should read BC/AB girl takes TO by store.
- Len Len is one of my favourite shops -- bought many awesome things here, including one of the book pillows!
- Len Fabulous shop run by a very creative person....you've got to see it to believe it....then shop!!
- Len Awesome! The neighbourhood needs innovative and hip shops like this. You're blazing new trails. Thanks.
Most Commented On
- EQ3 83 Comments
- Blue Banana Market 57 Comments
- Shelter Furniture 56 Comments
- Equilibrium 53 Comments
- Russet and Empire 52 Comments
- Likely General 48 Comments
- Mokuba 46 Comments
- Phil'z 20th Century Design 45 Comments
- Design Republic 44 Comments
- InDesign Furnishings 40 Comments
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies 38 Comments
- CB2 Toronto 37 Comments
- Metropolis Living 36 Comments
- The Queen West Antique Centre 34 Comments
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts 34 Comments
- Alternative Arts 32 Comments
- Sweetpea's 32 Comments
- WANT Passport 30 Comments
- Cubeshops 29 Comments
- Coriander Girl 28 Comments
- The Arthur 27 Comments
- Kimberley Jackson 25 Comments
- East West Futons 23 Comments
- Blackbird Vintage Finds 23 Comments
- Cabinet Furniture 22 Comments
- BYOB 22 Comments
- Canadian Salvaged Timber 22 Comments
- Smash 21 Comments
- Homebase 21 Comments
- DeSerres 20 Comments
- The Best Eggs Benedict in Toronto
- The Best Specialty Fitness Clubs in Toronto
- The Best Cafes for Free WiFi in Toronto
- The Best Cafes in Toronto (East Side)
- The Best Cafes in Toronto (West Side)
- The Best Cigar Stores in Toronto
- Best Place to Buy a Suit in Toronto
- The Best Vinyl Record Stores in Toronto
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- Inside the Popify pop-up shop
- This Week in Fashion: Billy Talent designs Bluenotes t-shirt, Fashion Society sale, holiday pop-ups galore
- What to expect at the Popify pop-up shop
- 10 manly moustache pics from Movember 2013
- Street Style: 15 winter looks in Kensington Market
- This Week in Fashion: Popify, Mondo Bazaar, holiday trunk shows, Frocktail, One of a Kind, Black Friday
- Get ready for Popify in Toronto this December
- The top 10 independent jewelry designers in Toronto