Goodfolk is a brand-new store brimming with vintage curiosities from around the globe, tucked quietly into a strip of stores at Dundas and Broadview. It's an unusual location - the...
Sourced & Salvaged is a small specialty design shop where owner Darius Armstrong sells a delightful mix of found and reclaimed antiques. The shop, which is new to Cabbagetown, has...
The Shop is a community-based maker space located in Brockton Village. The creative facility, based on the ground floor of a converted loft building at 1139 College St., presents a...
What The Vintage is Scarborough's go-to spot for vintage and mid-century modern furniture. The Coronation Dr. showroom is a vintage lover's dream - a stockroom overflowing with Danish teak pieces...
McCormick Imports is an enclave of Wee Britainnia on Danforth East. You've heard of Mom and Pop shops? Well, here's a Mom and Daughter shop. As if the Peter Rabbit...
Paintlounge is unlike any other Toronto lounge. Instead of bar stools, there are easels. Instead of cocktail attire, there are smocks. And instead of splashing drinks, you're splashing paint. The...
Love the Design has up until now been a Leslieville staple for artist and designer Christine Flynn's coveted rough-luxe furnishings. Last month, the shop officially opened a second location in...
Wonder Pens has found a way to bring back the written word. The little shop at Dundas and Bellwoods sells a huge assortment of fountain pens, ink, and stylin' little...
Easy Tiger is the kind of shop those in their twenties who work in design/fashion/media go to purchase birthday gifts for their friends in similar lines of work. Yes, it's...
Crown Flora opened just over two months ago in Parkdale. It's instantly noticeable for its somewhat at-odds double window display--on one side, a carpet of moss is speckled with terrariums,...
General Tao is the type of store in which I could spend hours. Perhaps it's a sign that my delayed sense of adulthood is taking over, because I'm becoming more...
Williams Craig Design Studio is making use of its new streetside digs by combining its corporate business with its own carefully curated design boutique. The firm spent more than 13 years...
Kid Icarus has moved. But don't worry, no additional treks across town will be needed--they've moved onto Augusta Ave., continuing owner's Michael Viglione 14-year-long tenancy of Kensington Market. "What we...
EQ3 (Liberty Village) has thrown itself into the Liberty Village furniture battle. With Casalife and West Elm already battling to deck out those Liberty Village one-bedroom-plus-dens, EQ3 unveiled its two-storey...
Metropolis Factory is like its original shop in the Junction, but on steroids. This warehouse totals 7,000 square feet, with ample room for Metropolis' oversized antique finds and custom salvage...
Verso has a somewhat unusual address. A black pylon outside of West Queen West fixture INAbstracto announces it, but you have to pass through to the back, where you'll find...
Hideaway Antiques recently renovated its Parkdale home to provide a more leisurely experience of looking for antiques. Those who pine for the thrill of the hunt should not be dismayed...
Ecotique is Roncesvalles' very own eco-minded boutique. While the Roncy community does have more than a few green options in its neighbourhood — Sweetpea's for seasonal florals, Scout and Fresh...
Gautier is the latest addition to Toronto's fancy furniture row, otherwise known as King East. The new shop hosts the designs of a 50-year-old French brand that, despite the going...
Above Ground Art Supplies in the Junction is the second location of of the original art supply store on McCaul Street near OCAD. While the first Above Ground planted its...
Tosho Knife Arts is probably one of the worst places to visit in Toronto with a clumsy coworker or toddler in tow. That's because the Mirvish Village latest addition proudly...
Find a Design Store
Use the filters below to show just the design stores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Design Stores by Category
- Cards, Paper And Stationery
- Classic Furniture
- Contemporary Furniture
- Custom And Re-furbished Furniture
- Design Accessories
Find Design Stores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (22)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (6)
- Beaches (7)
- Bloor West Village (7)
- Bloorcourt (3)
- Bloordale Village (4)
- Cabbagetown (5)
- Castlefield Design District (15)
- Chinatown (4)
- Church Wellesley Village (1)
- Corktown (5)
- Corso Italia (2)
- Danforth (10)
- Distillery District (15)
- Dundas West (16)
- East Chinatown (1)
- Etobicoke (3)
- Junction (15)
- Junction Triangle (3)
- Kensington Market (5)
- King East (24)
- King West (4)
- Koreatown (3)
- Leslieville (16)
- Liberty Village (9)
- Little Italy (10)
- Markham (3)
- Mount Pleasant (6)
- North York (10)
- Ossington (1)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (8)
- Queen West (17)
- Riverside (12)
- Roncesvalles Village (8)
- Rosedale (17)
- Scarborough (3)
- St. Clair West (4)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- Upper Beaches (1)
- West Queen West (25)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (1)
- Yonge & Bloor (2)
- Yonge & Eglinton (8)
- Yonge & Lawrence (5)
- Yonge & St. Clair (5)
- Yorkville (12)
Look up design stores on the go.
- Goodfolk Cool Shop
- Rolo I SAW A PAIR OF FALSE TEETH THAT LOOK HIDIOUS,WITH 1 GOLD TOOTH AND BENT TEETH THAT LOOK LIKE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN CLEANED IN 20 YEARS.DOES ANY 1 NO...
- Goodfolk B45: thanks tips, but they are never around despite what the sign on the door says....hence the comment.
- Goodfolk Hey ABc I've been there many times try reading the hours listed on the door. That might be a good place to start.
- Goodfolk It would help business if they actually opened their doors. I live in the neighbourhood and have made frequent deliberate attempts to visit Goodfolk to no avail. Apparently, store...
- Goodfolk I live on Allen Ave, right beside the store. Welcomed addition to the area and hopefully the kick-start the neighborhood needs to spruce it up with some shops, etc.
- Goodfolk Looks like a great store! I will be making a visit.
- Summerhill Floral Boutique (Mt. Pleasant) I can't say enough about Summerhill Floral Boutique, and Sarah, the store manager. I was at my wits end searching for a florist for our wedding this August. ...
- Designer Fabrics By far my favourite fabric store! They always seem to have exactly what I need, and for a great price too. And now reading this, I find there's a second...
- Affordable Textiles I don't know why the other reviewers here are saying this place is expensive. It's probably a little cheaper than most fabric stores around the area, and the selection's great...
- MacFab As a person that only needs fabric for making clothing, I find that the selection here is rather lacking and quite expensive. I live less than a 4 minute walk...
- Kimberley Jackson My husband and I purchased an armoire from KJ in 2011. Since then we've relocated and are again looking at a couple of pieces we need, I am happy to...
- Mokuba DeSerres on Spadina will have some as well.
- Hideaway Antiques A girlfriend of mine was hit on there. She was browsing and was hit on by what must have been the owner, she had a totally off-putting experience. She doesn't...
- Eclectic Revival Best lighting store in all of Ontario, not just Toronto! Totally agree with Eclectic Revival being number one on this list!
- Rolo What a fun store! The owner is a hoot, very helpful with gift ideas. Mostly funny gifts, but they have a nice selection of pretty gifts as well....
- Smash reminds me of a store by Queen & Lansdowne, the proprietor does seem to just pick out any old piece that they found laying around somewhere and decides to call...
- Decorium Thank you Joyce for your valuable review, I was planning to shop at decorium for living room and dining room, when I read your review I have decided not to...
- Zig Zag I was just wondering if you buy items from the average Joe? I have 2, I believe to be retro lamps that I'm sure someone might enjoy. They...
- Machine Age Modern Have been collecting one of a kind mid-century modern teak furniture for last 15 years. Also, have unique art glass from the period and german pottery and art. Moving from...
- Mokuba The staff is always extremely helpful, knowledgeable and resourceful. Because everyone who works at Mokuba is artistic, they always have great ideas to design problems. I love this place.
- AHQ Bath & Spa Hi Jennifer.....How can I access ur web page or showroom? I was i there recently with my sister and mom and spoke to u about renovating two bathrooms....Thanks
- Decorium Joyce, we sincerely apologize for your frustration. We never want our customers to have a frustrating experience. This is why we take great care in clearly noting all terms and...
- Machine Age Modern I am in the process of moving a family member into a retirement home. As such she has a teak dinning room set and entertainment unit that we need...
- I Have A Crush On You I can't wait to make my way over there! Love the luggage tags
- B & J Trading Do they carry these Ratten Wicker Plate Holders? Anyone know?
- Ecotique Oh my gosh! I'm coming in just for the leather-bound journals! I've been looking for these everywhere! I hope they're priced right in this blog entry ($30). I would hate...
- Fabricland A very annoying experience at the Markham location today. It was the first time using my membership since purchasing it in May, 2014. I did not have my...
- Paper Things Paper Things will be closing this week. Everything is 70$ off now. We will become a pop-up art gallery until September and then close for good. Thank you for a successful 50 years!
- Sweetpea's Wow. I have been searching for a florist for my wedding next year, and frankly having a tough time choosing; as they all seem very good. However; after stumbling across...
Most Commented On
- EQ3 83 Comments
- Shelter Furniture 58 Comments
- Blue Banana Market 57 Comments
- Equilibrium 53 Comments
- Russet and Empire 52 Comments
- Likely General 49 Comments
- Mokuba 48 Comments
- Phil'z 20th Century Design 47 Comments
- Design Republic 46 Comments
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies 41 Comments
- InDesign Furnishings 40 Comments
- CB2 Toronto 37 Comments
- Metropolis Living 36 Comments
- The Queen West Antique Centre 35 Comments
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts 35 Comments
- Sweetpea's 33 Comments
- Alternative Arts 32 Comments
- WANT Passport 30 Comments
- Cubeshops 29 Comments
- Coriander Girl 28 Comments
- The Arthur 28 Comments
- Kimberley Jackson 26 Comments
- East West Futons 23 Comments
- Smash 23 Comments
- Cabinet Furniture 23 Comments
- Blackbird Vintage Finds 23 Comments
- Canadian Salvaged Timber 23 Comments
- The Paper Place 22 Comments
- DeSerres 22 Comments
- BYOB 22 Comments
- The Best Japanese Restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Contemporary Art Galleries for Emerging Artists in Toronto
- The Best Manicure in Toronto
- The Best Greek Restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Ice Cream Sandwich in Toronto
- The Best Lighting Stores in Toronto
- The Best Calzone (Panzerotti) in Toronto
- The Best Fries in Toronto
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- The best and worst Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Toronto
- The top 5 cosplay artists in Toronto
- Makeup chain Inglot coming to Yonge and Dundas
- Muji to open first Toronto store at the Atrium on Bay
- Thank You Toronto sells hats for a good cause
- Where to donate used clothing in Toronto
- Street Style: Bloor St. vs. The Danforth
- Now you can wear Toronto street art on your feet