Goodfolk is a brand-new store brimming with vintage curiosities from around the globe, tucked quietly into a strip of stores at Dundas and Broadview. It's an unusual location - the...
Sourced & Salvaged is a small specialty design shop where owner Darius Armstrong sells a delightful mix of found and reclaimed antiques. The shop, which is new to Cabbagetown, has...
The Shop is a community-based maker space located in Brockton Village. The creative facility, based on the ground floor of a converted loft building at 1139 College St., presents a...
What The Vintage is Scarborough's go-to spot for vintage and mid-century modern furniture. The Coronation Dr. showroom is a vintage lover's dream - a stockroom overflowing with Danish teak pieces...
McCormick Imports is an enclave of Wee Britainnia on Danforth East. You've heard of Mom and Pop shops? Well, here's a Mom and Daughter shop. As if the Peter Rabbit...
Paintlounge is unlike any other Toronto lounge. Instead of bar stools, there are easels. Instead of cocktail attire, there are smocks. And instead of splashing drinks, you're splashing paint. The...
Love the Design has up until now been a Leslieville staple for artist and designer Christine Flynn's coveted rough-luxe furnishings. Last month, the shop officially opened a second location in...
Wonder Pens has found a way to bring back the written word. The little shop at Dundas and Bellwoods sells a huge assortment of fountain pens, ink, and stylin' little...
Easy Tiger is the kind of shop those in their twenties who work in design/fashion/media go to purchase birthday gifts for their friends in similar lines of work. Yes, it's...
Crown Flora opened just over two months ago in Parkdale. It's instantly noticeable for its somewhat at-odds double window display--on one side, a carpet of moss is speckled with terrariums,...
General Tao is the type of store in which I could spend hours. Perhaps it's a sign that my delayed sense of adulthood is taking over, because I'm becoming more...
Williams Craig Design Studio is making use of its new streetside digs by combining its corporate business with its own carefully curated design boutique. The firm spent more than 13 years...
Kid Icarus has moved. But don't worry, no additional treks across town will be needed--they've moved onto Augusta Ave., continuing owner's Michael Viglione 14-year-long tenancy of Kensington Market. "What we...
EQ3 (Liberty Village) has thrown itself into the Liberty Village furniture battle. With Casalife and West Elm already battling to deck out those Liberty Village one-bedroom-plus-dens, EQ3 unveiled its two-storey...
Metropolis Factory is like its original shop in the Junction, but on steroids. This warehouse totals 7,000 square feet, with ample room for Metropolis' oversized antique finds and custom salvage...
Verso has a somewhat unusual address. A black pylon outside of West Queen West fixture INAbstracto announces it, but you have to pass through to the back, where you'll find...
Hideaway Antiques recently renovated its Parkdale home to provide a more leisurely experience of looking for antiques. Those who pine for the thrill of the hunt should not be dismayed...
Ecotique is Roncesvalles' very own eco-minded boutique. While the Roncy community does have more than a few green options in its neighbourhood — Sweetpea's for seasonal florals, Scout and Fresh...
Gautier is the latest addition to Toronto's fancy furniture row, otherwise known as King East. The new shop hosts the designs of a 50-year-old French brand that, despite the going...
Above Ground Art Supplies in the Junction is the second location of of the original art supply store on McCaul Street near OCAD. While the first Above Ground planted its...
Tosho Knife Arts is probably one of the worst places to visit in Toronto with a clumsy coworker or toddler in tow. That's because the Mirvish Village latest addition proudly...
Find a Design Store
Use the filters below to show just the design stores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Design Stores by Category
- Cards, Paper And Stationery
- Classic Furniture
- Contemporary Furniture
- Custom And Re-furbished Furniture
- Design Accessories
Find Design Stores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (22)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (6)
- Beaches (7)
- Bloor West Village (7)
- Bloorcourt (3)
- Bloordale Village (6)
- Cabbagetown (5)
- Castlefield Design District (15)
- Chinatown (4)
- Church Wellesley Village (1)
- Corktown (6)
- Corso Italia (2)
- Danforth (10)
- Distillery District (15)
- Dundas West (16)
- East Chinatown (1)
- Etobicoke (3)
- Junction (15)
- Junction Triangle (3)
- Kensington Market (5)
- King East (26)
- King West (4)
- Koreatown (3)
- Leslieville (16)
- Liberty Village (9)
- Little Italy (10)
- Markham (3)
- Mount Pleasant (6)
- North York (10)
- Ossington (1)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (8)
- Queen West (17)
- Riverside (11)
- Roncesvalles Village (8)
- Rosedale (17)
- Scarborough (3)
- St. Clair West (4)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- Upper Beaches (1)
- West Queen West (25)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (1)
- Yonge & Bloor (2)
- Yonge & College (2)
- Yonge & Eglinton (8)
- Yonge & Lawrence (5)
- Yonge & St. Clair (5)
- Yonge & Wellesley (2)
- Yorkville (12)
Look up design stores on the go.
- Art Shoppe I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more...
- Calligaris I had only read positive reviews on Google before deciding to get an in home consultation from Calligaris. I’m glad I didn’t see these ones as it may have prevented...
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts I LOVE this store!!! They didn't have pictures of their exquisit pop-up cards. I got one that was a three tier/layer mary-go-around diecut, it was delicate and intrigue, the card...
- EQ3 (Liberty Village) What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious familiarity concerning unexpected feelings.
- Stylegarage Overpriced? Maybe. But that's why you go when they have warehouse/sample sales. I only buy their stuff at heavily discounted prices. I have a few pieces...
- Likely General I visited this store today and it was ok. Not awful but the merchandise is quite weak and lacklustre. I find these kinds of stores honestly generic and...
- The Door Store Wow, The store looks great. I've never made it to this location so glad to see the photos. Glad to see you still have stained glass there too. Hope all...
- Aboveground Art Supplies Their staff is very hit or miss, there's 2 guys who've helped me a number of times but everyone else just ignores you. I've made 2 special orders and have...
- GH Johnson My previous comment was removed so I will keep short and simple. Was given run around for product that wasnt delivered. Went to store and big arguments with owner and...
- Cabinet Furniture Awesome page, really been looking forever for ideas on the very best rattan furniture for our home and in our back garden. This website sincerely helpedgreat blog some great info...
- Decorium Wow. Decorium needs a lesson in customer service!!! Waving your terms and conditions around with attitude and thinking you will build loyalty is downright stupid. Like Sam, I will never...
- Garden's Path Great page, just lately been looking forever for ideas on the very best rattan furniture pieces for our home and in our back garden. The site seriously helpedgreat blog some...
- Blue Banana Market If heroin was legal, this place WOULD sell it. Why don't you take a real look on what they are selling on their shelves. THAT is a "Taste Of Kensington...
- Romni Wools Great selection, but the staff (except for the gentleman that works in the basement) is the most consistently rude group of employees I have ever encountered. Nothing has changed...
- Phil'z 20th Century Design Oh great, they are opening in the junction. We're friendly people out here. We don't wAnt this bullshit attitude.
- Goodfolk Cool Shop
- Rolo I SAW A PAIR OF FALSE TEETH THAT LOOK HIDIOUS,WITH 1 GOLD TOOTH AND BENT TEETH THAT LOOK LIKE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN CLEANED IN 20 YEARS.DOES ANY 1 NO...
- Goodfolk B45: thanks tips, but they are never around despite what the sign on the door says....hence the comment.
- Goodfolk Hey ABc I've been there many times try reading the hours listed on the door. That might be a good place to start.
- Goodfolk It would help business if they actually opened their doors. I live in the neighbourhood and have made frequent deliberate attempts to visit Goodfolk to no avail. Apparently, store...
- Goodfolk I live on Allen Ave, right beside the store. Welcomed addition to the area and hopefully the kick-start the neighborhood needs to spruce it up with some shops, etc.
- Goodfolk Looks like a great store! I will be making a visit.
- Summerhill Floral Boutique (Mt. Pleasant) I can't say enough about Summerhill Floral Boutique, and Sarah, the store manager. I was at my wits end searching for a florist for our wedding this August. ...
- Designer Fabrics By far my favourite fabric store! They always seem to have exactly what I need, and for a great price too. And now reading this, I find there's a second...
- Affordable Textiles I don't know why the other reviewers here are saying this place is expensive. It's probably a little cheaper than most fabric stores around the area, and the selection's great...
- MacFab As a person that only needs fabric for making clothing, I find that the selection here is rather lacking and quite expensive. I live less than a 4 minute walk...
- Kimberley Jackson My husband and I purchased an armoire from KJ in 2011. Since then we've relocated and are again looking at a couple of pieces we need, I am happy to...
- Mokuba DeSerres on Spadina will have some as well.
- Hideaway Antiques A girlfriend of mine was hit on there. She was browsing and was hit on by what must have been the owner, she had a totally off-putting experience. She doesn't...
- Eclectic Revival Best lighting store in all of Ontario, not just Toronto! Totally agree with Eclectic Revival being number one on this list!
Most Commented On
- EQ3 83 Comments
- Blue Banana Market 58 Comments
- Shelter Furniture 58 Comments
- Equilibrium 53 Comments
- Russet and Empire 52 Comments
- Likely General 50 Comments
- Phil'z 20th Century Design 48 Comments
- Mokuba 48 Comments
- Design Republic 46 Comments
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies 41 Comments
- InDesign Furnishings 40 Comments
- CB2 Toronto 37 Comments
- Metropolis Living 36 Comments
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts 36 Comments
- The Queen West Antique Centre 35 Comments
- Sweetpea's 33 Comments
- Alternative Arts 32 Comments
- WANT Passport 30 Comments
- Cubeshops 29 Comments
- Coriander Girl 28 Comments
- The Arthur 28 Comments
- Kimberley Jackson 26 Comments
- Cabinet Furniture 24 Comments
- East West Futons 23 Comments
- Smash 23 Comments
- Blackbird Vintage Finds 23 Comments
- Canadian Salvaged Timber 23 Comments
- The Paper Place 22 Comments
- DeSerres 22 Comments
- BYOB 22 Comments
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- Etsy debuts new craft market at MaRS and OCAD
- The politics of fashion, from punk to PETA at the DX
- WORN Fashion Journal calls it quits after 10 years
- Has a Toronto designer created the wallet of the future?
- What the Eaton Centre looked like when it was new
- The top 10 furniture and design stores on King East
- Street Style: U of T vs Ryerson vs OCADU
- Toronto gets a shoemaking school