Modani, located in the Castlefield Design District, is the first Canadian location for the U.S. chain of home decor stores. The Miami-based design company set up shop this past November...
Stylegarage on Ossington is a big step up from their former location on Queen at Shaw. The new space took over the AWOL Gallery and the old elevator warehouse, and...
Spacing Store is the brand-new retail offshoot of the magazine of the same name. The store, located on the ground floor of the 401 Richmond building, is a natural culmination...
London Calling is a home decor and foodstuffs shop in Cabbagetown specializing in - you guessed it - things from Britain. Having lived in London for some time, I was...
Suite 22 Interiors on Richmond is the brand-new downtown sister location of the ultra-modern Markham furniture store of the same name. Like its predecessor, the new shop, located at Richmond...
I Have A Crush On You is a gift shop meets gallery meets workshop that found its first home in Liberty Village at the end of May. If you need...
Stowaway Vintage is a sweet little shop tucked into Melanie Machado's front room. The little shop at Dovercourt and Hallam, just south of Dupont Street, is crammed full of more...
Annex Pawn is a sea of pirate's treasure, with contents that span everything from the sartorial to the functional. But everything in the store is sprinkled with a little bit...
Len: Democratic Purveyors of Fine Art & Beautiful Things is a very small shop for such a long name. Housed in a shallow storefront a stone's throw from Coxwell Station,...
Paintlounge is unlike any other Toronto lounge. Instead of bar stools, there are easels. Instead of cocktail attire, there are smocks. And instead of splashing drinks, you're splashing paint. The...
Love the Design has up until now been a Leslieville staple for artist and designer Christine Flynn's coveted rough-luxe furnishings. Last month, the shop officially opened a second location in...
Wonder Pens has found a way to bring back the written word. The little shop at Dundas and Bellwoods sells a huge assortment of fountain pens, ink, and stylin' little...
Easy Tiger is the kind of shop those in their twenties who work in design/fashion/media go to purchase birthday gifts for their friends in similar lines of work. Yes, it's...
Crown Flora opened just over two months ago in Parkdale. It's instantly noticeable for its somewhat at-odds double window display--on one side, a carpet of moss is speckled with terrariums,...
General Tao is the type of store in which I could spend hours. Perhaps it's a sign that my delayed sense of adulthood is taking over, because I'm becoming more...
Williams Craig Design Studio is making use of its new streetside digs by combining its corporate business with its own carefully curated design boutique. The firm spent more than 13 years...
Kid Icarus has moved. But don't worry, no additional treks across town will be needed--they've moved onto Augusta Ave., continuing owner's Michael Viglione 14-year-long tenancy of Kensington Market. "What we...
EQ3 (Liberty Village) has thrown itself into the Liberty Village furniture battle. With Casalife and West Elm already battling to deck out those Liberty Village one-bedroom-plus-dens, EQ3 unveiled its two-storey...
Stoudfoot's design creations are in restaurants all around Toronto. From both Origins to Colborne Lane, for which Jason Stroud added a heavy dose of his design touch, to elements in...
Stacklab tries to distinguish itself from Toronto's other reclaimed wood design shops in one important way — and it involves impressive (at least, to me) computer software. "We're not just...
Everyday Housewife, as a name, makes sense when you see Bev Hisey's collection of vintage glass and ceramic housewares. The bright orange vases, lime green glass pieces, and assortment of...
Find a Design Store
Use the filters below to show just the design stores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Design Stores by Category
- Cards, Paper And Stationery
- Classic Furniture
- Contemporary Furniture
- Custom And Re-furbished Furniture
- Design Accessories
Find Design Stores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (23)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (5)
- Beaches (7)
- Bloor West Village (7)
- Bloorcourt (3)
- Bloordale Village (5)
- Cabbagetown (8)
- Castlefield Design District (17)
- Chinatown (4)
- Church Wellesley Village (1)
- Corktown (6)
- Corso Italia (3)
- Danforth (10)
- Distillery District (14)
- Dundas West (16)
- East Chinatown (1)
- East York (1)
- Etobicoke (4)
- Financial District (3)
- Harbourfront (1)
- Junction (14)
- Junction Triangle (2)
- Kensington Market (5)
- King East (27)
- King West (4)
- Koreatown (3)
- Leslieville (16)
- Liberty Village (9)
- Little Italy (10)
- Markham (3)
- Mount Pleasant (7)
- North York (11)
- Ossington (2)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (8)
- Queen West (18)
- Richmond Hill (1)
- Riverside (9)
- Roncesvalles Village (9)
- Rosedale (18)
- Scarborough (4)
- St. Clair West (5)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- West Queen West (24)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (2)
- Yonge & Bloor (3)
- Yonge & College (2)
- Yonge & Dundas (1)
- Yonge & Eglinton (9)
- Yonge & Lawrence (5)
- Yonge & St. Clair (5)
- Yonge & Wellesley (2)
- Yorkville (12)
Look up design stores on the go.
- Decor Terminal & Marina's Interior Design Information looks upto date,However here are few tips from my side.Without the knowledge of where to start, though have you found yourself desiring a more attractive living space? Do the words...
- The Queen West Antique Centre Great stuff!
- The Queen West Antique Centre Great looking shop! I never get to Toronto. Just a simple country boy (now) I have a small store in Oro-Medonte township, north of Barrie. I get some very interesting items in...
- The Salvage Shop I am just split between getting a larger coffee table and having a couple of little side tables for lamps etc. Thoughts? Could be this - Mandy?
- Calligaris we are thinking of purchasing extendable dining table (prince ) and Chicago dining chairs . am worried after reading negative comments in this blog, how are your pieces holding up...
- Shelter Furniture I visited this place today with my Mother who is looking to make a change to a more modern feel. Some of the comments above must certainly be from people...
- London Calling Most of the Grocery stuff is a bit expensive.(a 1.00 or 2.00 more) Empire Bullet and Nutty Chocolatier in the beaches sell this stuff for less.
- The Paper Place Wow I am doing a paper trip to Toronto .... personalized, cards for all occasions, wrapping etc. I live in the country . ...
- Home Craft Decor I love the stuff and prices are not bad. people are great.
- Fabricland Went into Frabric Land in Lethbridge Alberta to look for cushion covers. Four women watched me walking around the whole store looking for them with no one offering me any...
- MUJI Toronto YES! A foreign chain.. I shall line up. I shall spend. We are Canadians we need to get cracking spending money at McDonalds/Krispy Kreme/target/MUJI
- Modani Gorgeous store! :-)
- Elte Market Ya, the service at Elte is consistently subpar. The Art Shoppe just moved their primary location closeby in the Castlefield Design District. I recommend checking out their new store if...
- Elte Market Not sure why taking advantage of a car share service makes you a "pathetic life-fail"...
- Elte Market LOL "having to book a car" What a bunch of pathetic life-fails
- Elte Market If any of you painfully ironic hipsters should find yourself at this place, you should hop over on your vespa to Commisso's for a fine veal sandwich -- ignore if...
- Elte Market I don't have a car, but I still made the trip up Caledonia to buy a couch from Barrymore. They had left their space in Liberty Village by the...
- Elte Market The young ones can go in and shop, daddy will stay outside in the bad neighbourhood to make sure none of those violence gangs steal the SUV.
- Elte Market @cathie: I had the same experience, ready to plunk down some serious cash on a carpet and we were actively ignored. We ended up at Mond'Art where we purchased a Persian...
- Modani Good to see more shops opening in the Castlefield Caledonia home design area! If your renovating or furnishing your home or condo Castlefield Caledonia is where it's at!
- Elte Market AGREED! Nothing to get snarky or political about. CHILL.
- Elte Market guys get over it. This is in the design district. It's an area with tons of furniture, lighting, tiles etc. people who are shopping for their homes...
- Elte Market These comments... What a strange subject to get snarky about. Who really gaf? It's a store. Some people will shop there. Other people will not. It will thrive or...
- Elte Market The thing is there are condo's all over the GTA and people looking for condo sized or small house condo alternative places that are looking for modern functional furniture. From...
- Elte Market OMG this place is a 15 minute drive from Yorkdale Mall and a 15 minute drive from the 401. We all know that no one drives to Yorkdale mall its...
- Elte Market Looks like IKEA but whatever. I'm going!
- Elte Market What the fcuk is your comment supposed to mean . So what youre saying is youre cool and theyre not?
- Elte Market What about when Mommy and Daddy come for thier weekly visit to buy thier groceries etc? Im sure the SUV could take a trip up to caledonia. Also young condo...
- Elte Market Your talking out your ass. Young people cant afford condos but then again neither can you probably which is why your so angry and negative towards condo owners and those...
- Elte Market Love how majority of comments are people speaking on behalf of others.Once you own a place what do you know what others will go though to find the perfect couch,...
Most Commented On
- EQ3 83 Comments
- Shelter Furniture 59 Comments
- Blue Banana Market 58 Comments
- Equilibrium 53 Comments
- Russet and Empire 52 Comments
- Likely General 50 Comments
- Phil'z 20th Century Design 49 Comments
- Mokuba 48 Comments
- Design Republic 46 Comments
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies 43 Comments
- Elte Market 41 Comments
- InDesign Furnishings 40 Comments
- CB2 Toronto 38 Comments
- The Queen West Antique Centre 37 Comments
- Metropolis Living 37 Comments
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts 36 Comments
- Sweetpea's 33 Comments
- Alternative Arts 32 Comments
- Kimberley Jackson 30 Comments
- WANT Passport 30 Comments
- MUJI Toronto 30 Comments
- Cubeshops 29 Comments
- Coriander Girl 29 Comments
- The Arthur 28 Comments
- Smash 27 Comments
- The Paper Place 24 Comments
- Cabinet Furniture 24 Comments
- East West Futons 23 Comments
- Blackbird Vintage Finds 23 Comments
- Canadian Salvaged Timber 23 Comments
- The Best Dumplings in Toronto
- The Best Karaoke Bars in Toronto
- The Best New Bars in Toronto, 2014
- The Best New Restaurants in Toronto, 2014
- The Best New Cheap Eats in Toronto, 2014
- The Best New Brunch Restaurants in Toronto, 2014
- The Best New Fashion Stores in Toronto, 2014
- The Best New Design Stores in Toronto, 2014
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- New consignment shop offers cash and charity option
- Uniqlo confirms it's coming to Toronto
- 20 photos of design innovations at IDS 2015
- What's going on in the Castlefield Design District?
- Toronto toque pop-up benefits homeless youth
- What will happen to Toronto malls with Target gone?
- Fabricland to take retail space at Honest Ed's
- Goodlife Fitness might take over Target store locations