Kid Icarus, the novelty handcrafted paper goods store, has a new location in Parkdale. It's smaller than the original store in Kensington Market, and entering feels like you're walking into...
Pekota Design has found a home in the old Metropolis Factory space in the Junction. Owner and designer Marco Pecota named his showroom after his Croatian refugee father who escaped...
Umbra is the flagship shop for the Toronto home design company, which creates whimsical, purposeful home goods sold in 120 countries around the world. Though Umbra's had a retail presence...
Elte Market is the brand-new offshoot of Elte, located just a few blocks away from the original in the Castlefield Design District. Like its predecessor, the mammoth home goods store...
MUJI Toronto is the first location in the Japanese home goods and fashion chain's foray into Canada. Spread over 4,400 square feet (tiny, compared to the megachain's worldwide locations) in...
RADform is a furniture and decor shop located just off King St. East. Tucked imperceptively into the George Brown campus, it's a shrine to modern, mega-stylized furniture and design accessories...
Elephant In The Attic is a miniature market for vendors of all kinds of handmade and upcycled goods. It's also a gallery of prints and a custom framing store. And...
Goodfolk is a brand-new store brimming with vintage curiosities from around the globe, tucked quietly into a strip of stores at Dundas and Broadview. It's an unusual location - the...
Sourced & Salvaged is a small specialty design shop where owner Darius Armstrong sells a delightful mix of found and reclaimed antiques. The shop, which is new to Cabbagetown, has...
The Shop is a community-based maker space located in Brockton Village. The creative facility, based on the ground floor of a converted loft building at 1139 College St., presents a...
What The Vintage is Scarborough's go-to spot for vintage and mid-century modern furniture. The Coronation Dr. showroom is a vintage lover's dream - a stockroom overflowing with Danish teak pieces...
Mindzai, a new toy shop tucked away just off Spadina, shares an already tight space with street art supply store Homebase, so it's no surprise every wall is stacked floor-to-ceiling...
An Arts Market has opened on College Street. Yes, west-end artists and shopping enthusiasts - good news! Leslieville's Arts Market recently opened a second location on College just west of...
Likely General opened yesterday in Roncesvalles, and I knew it was a winner before I even stepped in the door. How, you ask? Owner Brooke Manning has a chalkboard sign...
Spruce is a new home decor shop in Cabbagetown, whose owners focus on sourcing objects made in North America and collecting fun vintage items to put up for sale. The...
The Corner Store is a new micro-shop in Toronto that sells unique, mostly handcrafted treasures sourced from New York and California. The shop lies deep in the ground floor of...
Ransack the Universe is Bloordale's one-stop shop for vintage goods, records, local crafts, jewelry, and one-of-a-kind decor. Originally located in the basement of 1207 Bloor Street West, the store recently...
Monocle began as a magazine, and later morphed into a global media brand. But to the unbriefed and average College Street passerby, Monocle is just a new eclectic little boutique...
Kid Icarus has moved. But don't worry, no additional treks across town will be needed--they've moved onto Augusta Ave., continuing owner's Michael Viglione 14-year-long tenancy of Kensington Market. "What we...
EQ3 (Liberty Village) has thrown itself into the Liberty Village furniture battle. With Casalife and West Elm already battling to deck out those Liberty Village one-bedroom-plus-dens, EQ3 unveiled its two-storey...
Suitcase Vintage strikes me as the truest incarnation of what one might call a "nostalgia shop." Now, as anyone who has seen Midnight in Paris likely knows, the term doesn't offer...
Find a Design Store
Use the filters below to show just the design stores you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Find By Category or Neighbourhood
Find Design Stores by Category
- Cards, Paper And Stationery
- Classic Furniture
- Contemporary Furniture
- Custom And Re-furbished Furniture
- Design Accessories
Find Design Stores by Neighbourhood
- Annex (23)
- Baldwin Village (1)
- Bayview and Leaside (5)
- Beaches (6)
- Bloor West Village (7)
- Bloorcourt (3)
- Bloordale Village (5)
- Cabbagetown (9)
- Castlefield Design District (18)
- Chinatown (4)
- Church Wellesley Village (1)
- Corktown (5)
- Corso Italia (3)
- Danforth (11)
- Distillery District (14)
- Dundas West (16)
- East Chinatown (1)
- East York (2)
- Etobicoke (4)
- Financial District (4)
- Harbourfront (1)
- Junction (16)
- Junction Triangle (2)
- Kensington Market (5)
- King East (27)
- King West (5)
- Koreatown (3)
- Leslieville (15)
- Liberty Village (9)
- Little Italy (10)
- Markham (3)
- Mount Pleasant (7)
- North York (11)
- Ossington (2)
- Other (5)
- Parkdale (9)
- Queen West (18)
- Richmond Hill (1)
- Riverside (10)
- Roncesvalles Village (10)
- Rosedale (17)
- Scarborough (5)
- St. Clair West (6)
- St. Lawrence Market (1)
- West Queen West (24)
- Weston-Mount Dennis (2)
- Yonge & Bloor (3)
- Yonge & College (2)
- Yonge & Dundas (1)
- Yonge & Eglinton (8)
- Yonge & Lawrence (5)
- Yonge & St. Clair (5)
- Yonge & Wellesley (2)
- Yorkville (13)
Look up design stores on the go.
- Smash Unlike some here, the smart ass comments amused me. I'll be dropping by to peruse their stock. It seems to me if you make a rude comment, you can't be...
- Artemano Toronto At first glance the store and the products appear to be of the highest quality & they are by all means. When you decide to purchase the product and it...
- Kid Icarus (Parkdale) cutessss
- Kid Icarus (Parkdale) Shop I love the little kitties and owlings!
- Kitchen Stuff Plus Sad to relate, they do not supply English type individual meat pie dishes, nor larger English meat pie dishes. Had to have some flown in from UK.
- Addison's Love Addison's, got a school janitor's sink there for our laundry room. A great old warehouse.
- Jong Young Bought flowers and immediately after we put the flowers in water the flowers died, in my entire life I have not seen flowers die so quickly! I called them back...
- TORP "If you appreciate Danish style and are looking to invest in some great design above and beyond the usual IKEA options" Ikea is from Sweden, and not Denmark.
- TORP This is a wonderful showroom, its a great place to shop for everyone, they have really cool and unique products. A great place to get that special gift for...
- TORP Dear blogto photographer - When photographing a selection of products, please change the depth of field so we can see everything quoted in the article, in this case, I'm reffering...
- Suite 22 Interiors (Richmond) Love this store.
- Cubeshops Since there's very little trsinat traffic on Yonge Street, would you support longer green phases for Dundas Street?Steve: Probably yes, but I would want to see the stats first....
- Vintage Home Boutique Checked this place out last week for the first time. I can honestly say WOW. Didn't have high expectations as m wife dragged me in. But there was awesome stuff....
- Kid Icarus (Augusta Ave.) Hi Collen, Thanks for getting in touch. Please give us a call at 416-977-7236 or send us an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry and we can see what...
- Fabricland Just came from the new location at Honest Ed's and it was a total waste of time. The store so far is in keeping with the low grade...
- Fabric Fabric I owned a glass table a short while ago then when the table was broke it was a very hassle buying a replacement one, in the end I got myself...
- Pistil Flowers They do absolutely incredible arrangements here, I highly recommend it!
- Kid Icarus (Augusta Ave.) sorry it's I again from above - DO YOU CARRY CARDS BY "Marjolein Bastin" ???? Thanks Again Colleen
- Kid Icarus (Augusta Ave.) Thank you, as I'm looking for somewhere else to buy different kind of cards from what Hallmark has to offer great store but not a lot of box sets. ...
- Quince Flowers Quince does wonderful, creative work and has been a tremendous supporter of Second Harvest for at least a decade or more. Thanks Rosemary Little!!!
- Coriander Girl I checked out 2 of the City's top florists based on this post and Toronto Life's post for my wedding flowers. I had a winter wedding and I didn't want...
- Yang's Flower Market there are a few beautiful flower shops in this location
- The Flower Room LOVE The Flower Room! Excellent staff. Wonderful selection of beautiful posies and gifts.
- Florabunda I send flowers to my daughter for special occasions. She always raves about the lovely arrangements and even the vases that the flowers are arranged in. They are...
- GUFF Guff is the best! Congrats on the new space!
- GUFF The article doesn't mention the address of the new location...from the looks of the last picture, it's at Queen and the DVP?
- Even & Odd Since I finished that book I've started 4 businesses. Produce original, purposeful articles and avoid duplication. Learn how to market your home based sewing business online and in your local...
- Blue Banana Market The latest addition to the Desire family and different to all of them. This week, LG G3 smartphone users in Poland will get their taste of Google's latest Android Lollipop...
- GUFF Guff are the best! best service, best collection, prices are way better than anywhere else in the city, and they are really nice people. If I could, I'd buy everything...
- GUFF Awesome news! I love the stuff at Guff. We bought a great credenza from them last year. Their prices are very good.
Most Commented On
- EQ3 83 Comments
- Shelter Furniture 60 Comments
- Blue Banana Market 59 Comments
- Equilibrium 53 Comments
- Russet and Empire 52 Comments
- Likely General 50 Comments
- Phil'z 20th Century Design 49 Comments
- Mokuba 48 Comments
- Design Republic 46 Comments
- Gwartzman's Art Supplies 43 Comments
- Elte Market 41 Comments
- InDesign Furnishings 40 Comments
- CB2 Toronto 38 Comments
- The Queen West Antique Centre 37 Comments
- Metropolis Living 37 Comments
- Hanji Handmade Paper and Gifts 36 Comments
- Sweetpea's 33 Comments
- Alternative Arts 32 Comments
- Cubeshops 30 Comments
- Coriander Girl 30 Comments
- Kimberley Jackson 30 Comments
- WANT Passport 30 Comments
- MUJI Toronto 30 Comments
- The Arthur 28 Comments
- Smash 27 Comments
- The Paper Place 24 Comments
- Cabinet Furniture 24 Comments
- East West Futons 23 Comments
- Blackbird Vintage Finds 23 Comments
- Canadian Salvaged Timber 23 Comments
- The Best Salvage and Reclaimed Furniture in Toronto
- The Best Pakistani Restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Antique Stores in Toronto
- The Best Bridesmaid Dresses in Toronto
- The Best Persian Restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Caribbean Restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Breakfast Sandwiches in Toronto
- The Best Bespoke Tailors in Toronto
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- The top 5 furniture consignment stores in Toronto
- The top 10 paint stores in Toronto
- The top 10 kids furniture stores in Toronto
- Toronto condo to be designed by Karl Lagerfeld
- Toronto hat maker's business explodes after New York photoblog appearance
- The top 10 stores to buy chairs in Toronto
- T-shirt line has a logo for each Toronto neighbourhood
- The top 10 stores to buy a sofa in Toronto