Thursday, July 31, 2014Mostly Cloudy 16°C

Mayor Rob Ford caught in new crack video

Posted by Chris Bateman / April 30, 2014

rob ford crack videoRob Ford is going to take a break from the election campaign and city hall to "go get help" after the Globe and Mail revealed it had seen new video of the mayor appearing to smoke crack cocaine that was recorded as recently as Saturday.

In the video, which the paper says is being shopped by a dealer for six figures, Ford is seen "taking a drag from a long copper-coloured pipe, exhaling a cloud of smoke, his right arm convulsing." Reporters Robyn Doolittle and Greg Mcarthur say the video was taken in the early hours of the morning in his sister's basement. Another video features Sandro Lisi, the mayor's former driver and an accused extortionist.

Gawker posted a screen shot from one of the videos that shows Ford holding what appears to be a hash pipe.

toronto rob fordThe news that Ford will take a break but remain on the ballot comes as the Toronto Sun said it had acquired an audio recording in which Ford says he wants to "fucking jam" fellow candidate Karen Stintz and demands to be served shots of liquor at Sullie Gorman's, a bar close to the park named in honour of his father.

"Ford was seen buying shooters and trying to fight with patrons in the Royal York Rd. bar Monday," it says. Columnist Joe Warmington, who Ford often turns to in times of crisis, said the mayor told him he's "ready to take a break" and "go get help."

"It's not easy to be vulnerable and this is one of the most difficult times in my life," Ford said in a statement. "I have a problem with alcohol, and the choices I have made while under the influence. I have struggled with this for some time."

"I have decided to take a leave from campaigning and from my duties as mayor to seek immediate help ... I know that I need professional help and I am now 100% committed to getting myself right."

A spokesman from Karen Stintz's campaign said the comments were "deeply offensive to everyone living in Toronto" and "shocking and bigoted." John Tory said Ford should resign "for the good of the city."

Things haven't gone smoothly for the mayor since he announced he would be seeking re-election. On April 3, police documents alleged Lisi threatened to put "heat" on the Dixon Road community in the immediate aftermath of the first crack cocaine video scandal.

In March, CTV News captured the mayor acting erratically outside City Hall.

Ford told the Sun that he was "appalled" at what he had said, though he disputed using the word "jam."

"I wouldn't say that - I wouldn't say the word, 'jam,' - that's not my terminology."

Chris Bateman is a staff writer at blogTO. Follow him on Twitter at @chrisbateman.

Image: Christian Bobak/blogTO

Donna / April 30, 2014 at 10:00 pm
Wow!!! He seriously has some big issues. He needs to go away, good on him for that. BUT you can't solve these issues in 30 days off and then still run for mayor, and run the city. Its not a 4 week recovery its more like 10 years.
Raps fan / April 30, 2014 at 10:04 pm
The worst thing about this is that this whole story is responsible for the raptor implosion tonight. So mad!
matts / April 30, 2014 at 10:06 pm
Thanks, Rob!

Your pal,

Jimmy Kimmel
matts / April 30, 2014 at 10:08 pm
On a more serious note, what a bunch of fu**ing enablers, his family and friends, if you can call them that
Mr.A / April 30, 2014 at 10:10 pm
"Oh my God, it can't be! Who would have thought," said nobody with an IQ over 70.
Jason / April 30, 2014 at 10:12 pm
Can't wait for spin doctor enabler p.o.s. Doug Ford to spin this around how the world is on a witch hunt...
Jason replying to a comment from Mr.A / April 30, 2014 at 10:13 pm
Mr.A comment of the thread so far...
Theo / April 30, 2014 at 10:14 pm
Looks like Ford is headed for one of the common ends of an addict, only in his case it is much more high profile.
bernie Q / April 30, 2014 at 10:14 pm
I think Ace Frehley said it best at the Rock n' Roll hall of fame: Addiction cant be cured by willpower. Try using willpower when you have diarrhea. It's the same thing. Mr.Ford thought he could 'just stop.' He is human, he cant.. he needs a system to help him stay away from illegal substances and alcohol...
Knickerbocker / April 30, 2014 at 10:17 pm
That's not a crack pipe. That's a weed pipe.
amfontaine / April 30, 2014 at 10:22 pm
How can anyone even consider voting for Rob Ford after this? Zero judgment, deplorable behaviour, pathological lying, vile pronouncements, utterly unfit for public office. Adios Rob Ford!
October 27th, 2014 / April 30, 2014 at 10:28 pm
OK so Fords basically done. Can we start focusing on the other candidates and what they have to offer?
Km / April 30, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Just curious - anyone know what bar he was at on royal York?
Mayor McCokehoover / April 30, 2014 at 10:53 pm
I always said this would be funny for awhile, but then it would turn dark and we'd all feel gross as Rob Ford truly hit bottom. For those of us that were hooting and hollering on the side lines, I think the fun ended a long time ago, and this is the start of the dark and terrible ending.

As repulsive the man is (as are his hardcore apologists), I don't wish him any harm, so I truly hope he gets the help he needs.
Mr.A / April 30, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Obviously, it's a smear campaign by the elites, the media, lefties, vegetarians, fellow travellers, pinko commies, downtowners, unions, gravy train conductors, intellectuals, left handed people. It's obviously an international conspiracy to discredit right wing idiots that never should have been in government in the first place.

Ford Nation will be along any minute to tell us that it doesn't matter what bigoted language he uses, his drunkenness, what he smokes, how often he smokes, how inappropriately he talks about a fellow council member, his associations with extortionists and drug dealers, and his inability to stop lying.
Mayor McCokehoover / April 30, 2014 at 11:13 pm
Wow. Get help.
Al / April 30, 2014 at 11:16 pm
I hope he gets the help he needs, but he has no business in an elected position of power.
Jacob replying to a comment from Jason / April 30, 2014 at 11:32 pm
We haven't heard from Doug recently, which is strange.
JAY / April 30, 2014 at 11:36 pm
I think that it's just sad that with all of his flaws and problems he is still the best choice for mayor of Toronto.
Mr.A replying to a comment from JAY / April 30, 2014 at 11:52 pm
I think it's sad that people think that.
Joey / April 30, 2014 at 11:55 pm
So much schadenfreude. SO. MUCH.
Jodi / May 1, 2014 at 12:06 am
He's as human as the rest of us. Rob Ford at his worst is still better then the alternative--a bunch of phoneys who stick it to the people and are like pigs at the trough.

Get help and come back Rob, if you get and stay straight they won't stand a chance against you!
sorry replying to a comment from amfontaine / May 1, 2014 at 12:21 am
Sounds like the MO of every politician.

In that light, part of me would rather have a crack smoker than a tax and spend mayor.
sorry replying to a comment from JAY / May 1, 2014 at 12:21 am
I agree, what a sad state we're in.
sorry replying to a comment from Mr.A / May 1, 2014 at 12:23 am
What matters is property tax bills and responsible use of public funds.

Sorry but those are the concerns of property owners in Toronto.

Property owners are who council answers to.
tim Ouellette / May 1, 2014 at 12:39 am
Takes a special kind of stupid to be a voter in Toronto
jen replying to a comment from Jodi / May 1, 2014 at 12:53 am
Human like the rest of us? I don't know what kind of human you are...but I'm going to guess that if you are still supporting Ford then you aren't a very good one.
Davy Gravy / May 1, 2014 at 12:56 am
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wynn... gas plants... ORNGE... Lieberals... Ford More Years... saved a billion... subways, subways, subways... ferris wheel... downtown elites... lefties... gay agenda... something racist about Olivia Chow... some garbled spelling of Soknacki... some garbled spelling of a bunch of other words... Ford Nation...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davy Gravy / May 1, 2014 at 12:57 am
(oh, and a garbled spelling of Wynne...)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Davy Gravy replying to a comment from Jodi / May 1, 2014 at 01:04 am
The odds of this guy getting and staying straight are about the same as the odds of you developing some political awareness and acumen. Not good.

Hang in there, though. Never say never.
Davy Gravy replying to a comment from sorry / May 1, 2014 at 01:05 am
The part of you that feels that way is not your brain. More like what you were sitting on when you made that comment.
Mr.A replying to a comment from sorry / May 1, 2014 at 01:07 am
Technically, council answers to every citizen of voting age in Toronto.

You do know that the property rate on multi-unit residential rentals is more than on condos, or single-dwelling houses, right? It's even a higher rate than commercial property.

You're aware that the "billion dollars of savings" is fiction, right?

"Responsible use of funds" is the issue here; I find it irresponsible to kill a fully funded above-ground rail plan to spend a billion or so more on a subway to serve fewer people, take longer, and cost more.

I find it irresponsible to close a fire hall and increase emergency response times.

I find it irresponsible to roll back TTC service when gridlock is a real issue.

I find it irresponsible to raise $20 million in new user fees from the most vulnerable among us.

I find the incredibly horrible corruption Ford brought to housing is irresponsible; all the gravy that his man spread around is indefensible.

I find it irresponsible to take the $367 million dollar surplus in the last year of David Miller's term and shrink it by $119 million while cutting services and increasing user fees.

And I think we can all agree that smoking crack with drug dealers on at least two occasions, numerous drunken public spectacles, and becoming a laughing stock does not help our city's image.

Is this buffoon the best fiscal conservatives can do? You couldn't find someone with a degree in economics, or public administration, or the law?

Fiscal conservatism has an arguable point; Ford is not, nor has he ever been fit to lead. Intellectually, emotionally, and politically, he's amazingly unqualified for the job. He should have stayed as a councillor, filling in potholes for his constituents - running North America's fourth largest city is beyond him.
Late Night / May 1, 2014 at 01:46 am
My money is on this being another Jimmy Kimmel prank, just like the Sochi wolf.
Rob Ford / May 1, 2014 at 06:01 am
I'm going to the SuperSorrryLiar's Rehab Clinic for a 30. Then, when I learn to lie better, I'll be back lyin' 'n pissin'! FOUR MORE YEARS OF LYING 'N HATE!
So What Nation / May 1, 2014 at 06:13 am
So? Who cares! Drug use and hate and lying are good for Toronto! Ford more...minutes!
JAMES / May 1, 2014 at 06:28 am
And the final nail in the coffin is made…
Bye Blob Ford, don't let the door hit you on your way out..
Mel Gibson / May 1, 2014 at 06:29 am
What a great guy Rob is! I can act 'n hate and Rob can mayor 'n hate!
John Labatt / May 1, 2014 at 06:32 am
Again, I'm sorry, I am just so used to smoking crack that I wrote that in a cracked out stupor. Pot is better than crack.. What mommy? It's my bath time?? Coming…Ford more years
Doug Ford / May 1, 2014 at 06:33 am
You can hate some of the people some of the time, you can hate all of the people some of the time, but you can jam Karen Stintz ALL OF THE TIME! Yowzir! Zing! The End!
Justin Bieber / May 1, 2014 at 06:36 am
I'd like to jam Karen Stintz too! I beat up FatfuckFord! He's a PILLSBURY DOUGHBOY!
JIM / May 1, 2014 at 06:36 am
OK .. Obviously people are just writing stupidity that they still support Rob to get a raise out of anyone they can (attention seekers)… No one can be that much of a moron!!
#FordMoreYeara / May 1, 2014 at 06:47 am
Great news Zfor the campaign.This is exactly what he needs to get the advantage over Olivia Chow. Everybody loves a redemption story. October 27, 2014,be there!!!
aDawq / May 1, 2014 at 06:55 am
Now where am I gonna get my crack? I miss you already, Rob. You had the best rocks!
James / May 1, 2014 at 07:41 am
@FordMoreYears you are a moron!!
Ray / May 1, 2014 at 08:29 am
I think Rob speaks for how most of us feel "who should I vote for, there's problems in all parties". He speaks exactly what were feeling and understands us
Bob C / May 1, 2014 at 08:30 am
ANYONE who thinks Chow is the answer is a bigger moron. Only person is Tory, rest are horrible. And taking shots at a guy with a weight problem, calling him fat, blob etc? Wow...real mature people. It's people like you that make me laugh, and realize your comments mean absolutely nothing
iSkyscraper / May 1, 2014 at 08:56 am
Finally. I wish nothing but ill will towards Ford, who caused more fucking damage to this city during his reign of ignorance than can ever be undone.

Go crawl into a hole, and don't ever come back. Ass.
K-Borg replying to a comment from Joey / May 1, 2014 at 09:19 am
More like schadenford!
CW replying to a comment from Bob C / May 1, 2014 at 09:41 am
> ANYONE who thinks Chow is the answer is a bigger moron.

What does that make Robby? "I'd rather lose to Olivia Chow than lose to anyone, man,"

ken miller / May 1, 2014 at 10:51 am
Welcome Rob Ford. Our only wish is that you would have made this decision months ago.
McRib replying to a comment from CW / May 1, 2014 at 10:52 am
I think you misunderstand what Rob meant. He would rather lose to Chow so that when (in his mind) Toronto burns everyone will realise that Rob was a much better mayor all along.

It truly shows that this clown doesn't care about Toronto or its citizens. He cares only for himself and how he is seen.

Which is odd, because he is seen as a complete fuck up with a crack problem.
j-rock / May 1, 2014 at 10:52 am
There were still people on the radio this morning, not to mention on this thread, saying that they will still vote for him if he runs. I can't understand that level of ignorance.

I have never assumed that because someone doesn't agree with me that they are stupid. In fact, I routinely engage in debates and discussions with very intelligent people who I fundamentally disagree with.

But anyone who still supports this disgraceful, deceitful, imbecilic man-child, deserves to have their right to vote taken away from them, because they are obviously not responsible enough to hold it. There are right-wing candidates who don't smoke crack, lie with every breath they take, hate women, gays and minorities - and who wouldn't bring shame to the office of mayor. Vote for one of them.

Ford bought every low-information voter in Toronto for the princely sum of $60.
cathie / May 1, 2014 at 10:52 am
Olivia Chow (or anyone else for that matter) is indeed a better choice because I'm pretty sure she's not a misogynistic-spewing crackhead. That alone makes her a better choice.
McRib replying to a comment from Bob C / May 1, 2014 at 10:53 am
oh fuck off Bob.
Liars Liars Liars replying to a comment from Km / May 1, 2014 at 12:48 pm
The name of the bar is in the story, Kim. It's called, "Sullie Gormans."
barbarossa replying to a comment from j-rock / May 1, 2014 at 02:51 pm
What kind of world you people live in? Or should I ask for how long? Wake up! Most of the people around you, and almost every person in power is fked up one way or another, they're all either alcoholics, addicts, pedophiles or something else even more messed up. Some of them get caught sometimes, most don't. Ford got caught, but this guy was doing a better job while on crack, than most of his sober colleagues.
j-rock, Taking voting right from people just because they're not voting the way you want them too is very intelligent indeed. That alone tells a lot about people who are against Ford. (usually I do not dome up with this kind of stupid conclusions and generalize,this time just using your own type of logic here)
Mel Gibson / May 1, 2014 at 04:21 pm
Rob you animal! Isn't it great to be rich and give EVERYONE the finger - especially your fans! I really like it when the broads see me give them the finger and they immediately kneel down to get jammed! Keep up the good work!
Mayor Bigot de Hate / May 1, 2014 at 04:30 pm
SUPPORT HATRED & BIGOTRY! SUPPORT FORD! Saving $$$$$ is more important! Who cares if Ford incites hatred, bigotry & violence! Vote DIARRHEA, VOTE ROB!
Adam / May 2, 2014 at 11:44 am
You know, Rob...I don't want to suggest anything radical or uncomfortable for you! But you may want to consider NOT doing these things on camera! Just a thought buddy! Just a thought...
Paul / May 2, 2014 at 04:22 pm
Stop making this guy canadas top news story. We already knew he's fucked. Let's stop glorifying it and move on... Canada should be recognized for its freedom, beauty, natural resources, and wonderful health care... not obesity, drug use, and corruption.
The Shakes replying to a comment from Paul / May 2, 2014 at 04:50 pm
Agree if it is non-news then give it a rest, but otherwise keep reporting each and every single time this guy proves once and again how unfit how unfit he is to be part of society (let alone Mayor). Because here's the deal, Ford support maybe bone-headedly loyal, but it is not growing. He is not converting anyone. No one is seeing this and saying, "you know what i never liked Ford before, but now i see him in a whole new light...I'm going to vote for him". However i do see members from Ford Nation, finally getting fed up with his pathological lies and they slowly but surely are defecting.
MrsA / May 4, 2014 at 08:29 pm
Nice to know one of Toronto's finest knows more about real estate than criminal law.

Get over it. Chow's a moron with David Millers team and money supporting her. Ford Nation stands united.

For the last time, FORD NATION DOESN'T CARE WHAT HE DOES WITH HIS PERSONAL TIME!
Lol replying to a comment from MrsA / May 5, 2014 at 11:48 am
And that just proves how retarded you and the rest of Fraud Nation are...