Tuesday, October 21, 2014Cloudy 11°C

The top 10 walk-in clinics in Toronto

Posted by Julia Stead / November 24, 2013

Walk in clinics torontoThe top walk-in clinics in Toronto offer a higher quality of service than the countless number of little doctor's offices that are tucked away into plazas and shopping malls. There are a lot of reasons why these walk-ins are worth seeking out: shorter wait times, convenient locations, better hours, on-site lab services, and more medical professionals under one roof. These are all multi-faceted healthcare centres that can provide you with comprehensive care. Going to the doctor isn't really something anyone looks forward to, but you can make it a little easier on yourself by checking out one of the clinics listed below.

Emkiro
70 University Avenue
Instead of a short wait for a walk-in appointment, Emkiro offers you no wait at all. How? Walk-in services are scheduled by appointment only. Calling ahead lets you book the next available slot, therefore you'll be seen at a specific time instead of waiting around. You can save even more time by having your blood work done on-site. There are three physicians servicing the clinic, as well as chiropractors, physiotherapists and RMTs available for appointments.

Walk-in hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 8:00pm
Friday: 7:00am - 6:00pm

Infinity Health Centre
39 Lower Simcoe St.
Other than Emkiro, this is the only other by-appointment walk-in clinic in the city. Call ahead, book a time, show up for your 10-minute appointment, and then on your way. It's as easy as that. They are fully equipped to provide you with blood and lab services. Four physicians rotate walk-in duty, two male, and two female. If you need extra care, their health centre has chiropractors, physiotherapists, RMTs, a naturopath, and a personal trainer.

Walk-in hours:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm
Saturday: 9am - 2pm

Earl Bales
4256 Bathurst St. North York
This North York clinic keeps wait times kept to a minimum, uses electronic medical records to keep track of every visit, and offers on-site lab-testing so you can leave the clinic without having extra appointments to book. Between the six female physicians, you can be served in English, French, Tagalog, or Farsi. Best of all, they're open 365 days a year, and have weekend hours that allow you some flexibility.

Walk-in hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - 6pm
Weekends: 9am - 5pm

HealthSource Medical Clinic
473 Dupont St.
Located at Bathurst and Dupont, this multi-faceted clinic offers walk-in medical care and on-site blood work. The clinic is part of the North-West Toronto Family Health Group, and patients are encouraged to register as members. Members receive the benefits of same-day appointments, short wait times, and use of their urgent care walk-in service. This service allows you to be seen outside the regularly scheduled walk-in hours.

Walk-in hours:
Monday, Tuesday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Wednesday: 11:30am - 7:30pm
Thursday: 10am - 8pm
Friday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 2:30pm

Bay College Medical and Lockwood Diagnostic
790 Bay St.
The Lockwood clinic is a comprehensive medical clinic that has been serving the College and Bay St. area for over 70 years. This clinic has it all: walk-in clinic, dentist, a blood lab, x-ray, ultrasound, pharmacy, dietician, and diagnostic centre.

Walk-in hours:
Monday, Tuesday: 8am - 8pm
Wednesday, Thursday: 8am- 7pm
Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm

Albany Medical Clinic
807 Broadview Ave
Albany Medical Clinic has been providing community-based healthcare to Toronto since 1946. Today, their roster includes 7 nurses, more than 25 family physicians, and more than 35 specialists. The clinic is supported by over a dozen services, like x-ray, ultrasound, mammogrammy, physiotherapy, and an on-site pharmacy. Their walk-in clinic is open 7 days a week, every day of the year, including Christmas and New Year's day.

Walk-in hours:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sunday: 9am - 4pm
Holidays: 10am - 3:30pm

Beaches Family Practice and Walk-in
116 Glen Manor Drive
The Beaches Family Practice and Walk-in clinic is one of six clinics within the Comprehensive Healthcare Network. This location's walk-in clinic has six physicians at your service. They provide referrals, flu shots, lab tests, injections, dressing changes, suture removal, and are even equipped for minor surgery. For your convenience, you can call ahead to check availability and wait times.

Walk-in hours:
Monday: 8am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 5pm
Wednesday: 8am - 2pm
Thursday: 9am - 4pm
Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm

Downtown Doctors Walk-In Medical Centre
720 Spadina
Downtown Doctors Walk In Medical Centre provides same-day medical services with no appointments or registration necessary. They are conveniently located close to the Spadina subway station, near the University of Toronto. This location is great for students in the GTA that don't have a family doctor. If you require testing, their laboratory gives quick assessments and results. They can serve you in English, French or Spanish.

Walk-in hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:30am - 6pm
Friday: 9:30am - 5pm
Saturday: 10am - 1pm

East Liberty Medical Centre
901 King Street W
East Liberty's walk-in clinic brings together a wide range of medical professionals, making it easy to provide patients with prompt referrals to a complete array of services. They have family physicians, cardiologists, psychotherapists, lab technicians, sports medicine, chiropractors, physiotherapists, naturopaths and acupuncturists available for appointments. Aside from regular walk-in services, you can request full physicals, pap smears, blood
work, family planning, prenatal care, and chronic condition management.

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm

Saturday: hours vary, please call ahead

One Stop Medical Centre
3585 Lawrence Ave E
Scarborough

This Scarborough medical centre is a fully staffed and professionally equipped walk-in clinic. It has convenient hours 7 days a week. They are equipped with lab testing, cardiac services, x-rays, ultrasounds, bone density tests, eye exams, travel vaccinations and have a pharmacy in the building. They also have a sister location in Scarborough, Boniface Park Medical, which offers same level of comprehensive care.

Walk-in hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 11am - 4pm

BONUS

Queensway Care Trillium Health Centre
150 Sherway Drive Etobicoke
Trillium Health's Urgent Care Centre in Etobicoke offers treatment for conditions including sore throat, fever, earache, cuts, burns and possible fractures or dislocations. They have available on-site laboratory services as well as a diagnostic centre that features CT scanning, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Walk-in hours:
Monday - Sunday: 8am - 10pm

What did we miss? Add your favourite walk-in clinic to the comments below.

WN / November 24, 2013 at 08:40 am
I have to say, this is the most unusual Top 10 I've seen on BlogTO, but it's a welcome change from the usual restaurant categories.
Danno / November 24, 2013 at 10:11 am
I have been at Queensway Urgent Care many times and I was always disappointed with their service. I won't go into details but there is one doctor (tall, glasses) who is terrible. He stitched me up without cleaning the wound (!) and on other occasion he assessed dislocated wrist without even looking at it (! seriously, no xrays, didn't even touched the patient, just told nurses to stabilize it and wait few weeks). It's sad that people are treated like that. Unfortunately as a medic working for Toronto EMS I see it way to often.
Kimberlea / November 24, 2013 at 11:11 am
I fully agree with East Liberty Medical Centre! They have many different health care providers on site. Every time I have gone there I have had my needs met quickly and professionally. I will keep going back there even though I moved off of King St.
Ken / November 24, 2013 at 04:01 pm
You have marked Queensway Care Trillium Health Centre
150 Sherway Drive Etobicoke at the wrong location on the map.

The map shows location for Trillium Health Centre - 5770 Hurontario St, Mississauga, ON
Qaf / November 24, 2013 at 07:49 pm
Personally my experience with East Liberty wasn't that great, quite unprofessional overall. I.e. list of patient names prominently displayed on a screen across from where I had to sit for blood work (breach of privacy), nurse made it feel like I was wasting her time, and talked about her vacation with a colleague while taking blood, etc.

Maybe I caught them on an off day though, although a bit more courtesy would have made the experience drastically better.
charalique / November 24, 2013 at 07:53 pm
STAY AWAY from whatever the name is of the walk-in at hurontario and queensway in mississauga.

pertaining to a single incident where I accompanied a friend who was already scared out of her mind, a nurse came into the room where we were waiting for the doctor and she half told of news that should have come only from the doctor! We weren't sure who the lady was that yanked her out of the room before she could finish what she said, but we could tell the situation was being handled poorly. My friend later told me that she went there for a follow up appt. and AGAIN, her situation was handled unprofessionally. Not only did they call her to confirm the follow up appt. (she specifically told them she would be the one to make contact due to the circumstances), but they gave specific details of what the appointment was for to the person who picked up the phone---who was not my friend! Being the age of majority I thought that type of info had to be kept confidential. Not only that, but the person who answered the phone was a roommate, not even a relative!

if my friend didn't want to keep this whole ordeal private she would definitely have taken corrective/legal action!

NEVER GO TO THIS CLINIC IF YOU VALUE RESPECT AND YOUR PRIVACY!
I rem / November 24, 2013 at 11:04 pm
Happy to hear there are appt walk ins.... Nothing is worse than sitting in a waiting room when you feel ill with other ill people.

East liberty....mixed experiences. I agree re bad with confidentiality. The nurse comes into the room and asks you what's wrong and doesn't even shut the door...makes me very uncomfortable. I've also had 3 misdiagnoses here.....the doctors are very young an inexperienced. It wasn't until I was finally able to get in to see my regular doctor that I got the correct diagnoses.

On the pro side, they do bloodworm there and generally have short wait times though with the recent developments in liberty village this may change.
Sam / November 25, 2013 at 12:08 am
I agree with Infinity Health Centre. Fast Service ... have used it multiple times. many other services on site and its open the latest in downtown which is convenient so that you dont have to take time off work. I only wish it opened before work too.
Tony / November 25, 2013 at 09:18 am
All walk in clinics in the city are sub par. They get paid per visit, it is in their best interest to have you come back, which you eventually do.
Ray / November 25, 2013 at 10:05 am
Patient Networks! Isn't this the obvious one that's missing from the list? Everyone who works remotely close to downtown uses Patient Networks as the walk-in clinic to go to. You can go anytime and the waits rarely exceed 20 mionutes.
cultureshot / November 25, 2013 at 10:37 am
While it's technically a specialty clinic for sexual health services, Hassle Free provides an excellent level of care (even though it's busy).
JT / November 25, 2013 at 10:43 am
For dermatology issues Avantderm in the Distillery District provides a great walk-in service, but only after you have been referred by a doctor.
Miles / November 25, 2013 at 12:05 pm
You should check out EnhancedCare.ca
They are also on YouTube http://youtu.be/WrFw6RhhVZQ
They have few locations. Really grand!
And nice!
Bastasas / November 25, 2013 at 12:28 pm
I am surprised this list does not have Simcoe Place Health Clinic www.sphc.ca I think they opened about a year ago. They are located between Emkiro and Infiniti on Front and Simcoe in the underground path and their customer service and practitioners are a 1000 times better than any other clinic i have been to. I would strongly recommend going there. They also have the best RMTs in town
Bastasas replying to a comment from Bastasas / November 25, 2013 at 12:31 pm
sorry looks like the website is http://www.simcoehealth.ca
Dominique Dunphy / November 25, 2013 at 12:43 pm
I'm surprised Simcoe Place Health Clinic isn't listed in this article!

I was looking for a walk-in clinic downtown and I came across Simcoe Place Health Clinic. They have amazing customer service and even though there were many people in the waiting room, the wait time was extremely fast. The clinic is also really visually appealing.

I also saw that they offer a large variety of services like massage, chiropractic care, physiotherapy, naturopathy as well as cutting edge services like Mesotherapy, IV Therapy, Shockwave Therapy and PRP Facials!

BlogTO should definitely look into them!

www.simcoehealth.ca
pamela / November 25, 2013 at 01:12 pm
My husband works in downtown and injured his wrist at work. He was close to an MCI Medical Clinic by the RBC, and told me the staff were attentive and the doctors were fast & efficient. He got a script for an x ray and had instructions on where to go and what to do. I would add this clinic to the list!
AG replying to a comment from JT / November 25, 2013 at 09:04 pm
@JT I second that comment. My experience with Avantderm was quick and professional.
Dr. Riskallah / November 25, 2013 at 10:20 pm
It's a pleasure to mentioned in BlogTO. Myself and my staff are honoured to serve an amazing city and an amazing community everyday. In addition to our Walk-In Clinic, please see a list of other health services Infinity Health Centre offers:

Walk-In Clinic
Sports Medicine
Family Medicine
Travel Medicine
Cosmetic Medicine
Blood/Lab Services
On-Site Pharmacy
Naturopathic Medicine
Psychological Services
Chiropractic
Physiotherapy
Medical Acupuncture
Intramuscular Stimulation (Dry Needling)
Registered Massage Therapy
Personal Training
Custom Orthotics
Sports Bracing
James Morrison / November 25, 2013 at 10:44 pm
I can personally vouch for Infinity health near Maple Leaf Square. I fell on my wrist last week from slipping on some ice outside my condo but wasn't sure as to the extent of the severity of my injury. I walked into the clinic and was immediately taken care of. I am looking forward to going back for treatment to get back to 100% as the physio i spoke to there seemed very knowledgeable and had mentioned she had dealt with a number of similar injuries...it also didnt hurt that she was kind of cute too. Great read!
MC Skat Kat / November 25, 2013 at 11:43 pm
So you post on Facebook asking your friends what walk-in clinics are good, then write two sentences about each one and add an address? That isn't research nor does it qualify you to say absolutely anything about any of these. How the fuck do you know these are the top 10? Because someone told you they were? Have you been to all of them with legitimate medical concerns in the, what, seven days since you found out they existed? You have absolutely no insight nor authority to offer any opinion on this topic at all. The fucking ego you must have. I hope no one paid you for this.
God's #1 resident sports chiropractor / November 26, 2013 at 07:09 pm
Who's checking your lifeline, your spine? Who's your chiropractor http://videostream.ssvmedia.com/201102/anjcrosnersmtfeb2011.php,http://videostream.ssvmedia.com/201208/flimerklelabtestathlete.php? Got kiropraktik TM? Are you running like a finely oiled machine? Are you the tic in chiropractic? Did you know that sports chiropractors are members of any comprehensive sports professional healthcare team? How much is winning a race, lifting a heavier weight, scoring more points, or winning the game worth to an athlete? How much is performance and individual athletic variables such as speed, strength, agility, or sport technique worth to coach or trainer? How much is improvement in your game or recovery and return to play worth for a coach, trainer, or athlete? How would improved mental function, optimal performance, and voice quality sound like for a singer? What do you think would happen to the accuracy of an accountant or the creativity of a writer or painter receiving chiropractic care? How much is a good night’s sleep and peace of mind worth for a mother receiving chiropractic care http://www.chiropractichealthassociates.blogspot.ca/2013/10/adjusted-by-god-part-ii.html?
Carl / November 30, 2013 at 03:45 pm
Infinity Health Centre is the best! I've used my benefits there for Massage Therapy with their RMT, and will continue to do so for the professional and relaxing experience.

I've also used their chiropractor, Dr. Riskallah, who gave me an adjustment and also provided me with a custom pair of orthodics. He takes the time to answer all my questions, explain my walking and spinal habits, and how I can improve. He also told me about the opportunities to see the fellow family doctor or pharmacy if I need further questions/advice on health items.
I met the entire staff during my few visits, and feel the sense of knowledge and services all in one place!
ramona kiyoshk / December 20, 2013 at 10:20 am
There is no where on the web to report incompetebt doctors. I went to a walk-in clinic this week, the doctor made a verbal diganosis, without examining me and then wrote the wrong prescription. The pharmacist caught it. I had to go back to the clinic to get it changed. I don't remember the doctor's name and it is not on the pill bottle. The clinic is at Golden Mile, T: (416) 285-7575
1880 Eglinton Ave East (Beside the No Frills),
Scarborough, ON, M1L 2L
StellsBells / January 8, 2014 at 06:51 pm
Been going to the Albany Clinic for about 13 years, we have our GPs there too. Great care, and fantastic that they have all the labs on site, and if you have to go to walkin, they have your complete file there which is super handy. The walk-in staff can be cranky, but I can't blame them given the way at lot of patients talk to them.

Beaches Clinic / January 9, 2014 at 10:55 pm
We went here for the convenience but after a few misdiagnosis (discovered by follow-up with our GP or hospital visits) we won't return. I'm not an MD but mistaking ear wax build up for an ear infection, and a kidney infection for the flu? I think the staff are rushed and not thorough.
Royals / January 23, 2014 at 03:11 pm
Healthsource on dupont is NOT a walk in clinic. Please remove from the list. Was there today.
Roman Elinson / February 22, 2014 at 06:50 pm
FYI. If you live in the midtown/downtown areas of Toronto, you can request to have a doctor assess you in your own home. The service is called Toronto Housecalls. Toronto Housecalls is a service that arranges for a doctor to come to your home for urgent (but not emergency) medical issues. To request a visit, call 1-877-888-8300, or request a visit directly from the website.
For more info, go to www.torontohousecalls.com
Kat / March 7, 2014 at 01:16 pm
39 Lower Simcoe is by no means good place to go if you are sick. The only positive side is it's top end style & hygiene, otherwise 0 care for the patient, I think all that administration care is their manicure and fake eye colour, ridiculous wait time, and what drives me crazy-
extreme unwillingness to use their brain! I had an appointment for certain analysis, but since I got very high fever, I couldn't even get out from bed. I called them to explain my situation, and all she ever had to say was sorry, there is 24h cancellation fee. I didn't really plan to get fever, can you not charge it, she was just repeating the same thing, like a freaking brainless robot.
Sagar / March 18, 2014 at 12:03 pm
I would avoid Infinity Health Centre as Dr. Karim Riskallah is in the business of ripping off patients. I am currently filing a CPSO claim against him.
In the meantime if I can save one person from getting ripped off by Dr. Karim Riskallah then this will have been worth it. Stay clear.
ktf / March 25, 2014 at 08:32 am
For reasons the receptionist could not explain, Infinity will not see patients under the age of 18, even if they are accompanied by the parents. Emkiro has no similar restriction.
Chip Brosnan / March 26, 2014 at 03:24 pm
@ Ray. I am actually quite mixed with Patient Networks. A few visits I received good care with satisfactory attention to detail. However, on more than one occasion after performing a medical test, I did not receive a follow up call from the doctor I had seen most recently. They were indeed supposed to call. Further, they also failed to book me an appointment that I had (unwittingly) been patiently waiting for to no avail. Only after I found out the appointment had not been booked, was the appointment actually scheduled. In the frenetic pace of the patient churn throughout the day, I fear sometimes patients fall through the cracks. People should definitely stay on top of things and don't assume they are on top of it.
Doru Roman / April 11, 2014 at 01:21 pm
Earl Bales - total disappointment. Parking $10. I asked for the waiting time and I was told 1 hour (at 9:24), I took 2:45 hours to see the doctor.
Susan Henry / April 11, 2014 at 08:46 pm
The comments about the "wonderful" chiropractor Dr. Riskallah, then the caution to avoid him has prompted me to wonder if chiropractic is so good for what ails you, why do you have to keep going back? Sounds like a rip-off to me. Other medical practitioners want to heal you so you don't have to return, right?
diane / April 13, 2014 at 09:01 pm
Infinity isn't a walk in. I went there once at 8am, opening time and told there was not doctor there till 11. I said I would come back then and was told, not to, that they would be busy until late afternoon, I should call for an appointment. They weren't very helpful. Went to the one beside 550 Queens Quay West. They were great!
JeanT / April 14, 2014 at 10:37 am
If you are ever in Vaughan, check out Matlis Medical.
Great clinic and outstanding care.
www.MatlisMedical.com
Bruce Galloway / April 28, 2014 at 02:39 pm
Trillium Urgent Care,

I suffered a broken toe and complications from arthritis. Went to the Trillium Urgent Care on April 22.
Each and every step, I was greeted in a friendly manner, processed efficiently and I had great confidence in their capabilities.
The final assessment was done by Dr. N. Tenn-Lyn. She was the absolute model of professionalism, competence and friendly. She answered all my questions and I felt that I was extremely well taken care of. Our meeting could have been taped and used as an example of excellence in a doctor / patient meeting.
Thank you for an excellent experience, in a difficult time for me. Well done.

Cristina Ferrara replying to a comment from Dr. Riskallah / May 2, 2014 at 10:42 am
I had a really terrible experience at your clinic yesterday with the reception staff and I asked to speak to a manager or dr. in charge and was told I'd be given an email. That's not what someone wants to hear, as I'm sure reception filters those emails.

I was (emphasis on the was) a walk-in customer who transitioned to becoming a family patient of one of your staff who recently left. I've been to your clinic a handful of times over the last year and all of the doctors I've seen have been courteous and professional. But your front desk staff have always been unapproachable and cold, bordering on rude.

Yesterday I forgot my health card. I was told I would only be seen if I paid $89. If I didn't agree to that I would be charged a missed appointment fee of $35. I know clinics are able to put through a billing to OHIP without the card, so I asked that they please make an exception. I even offered to bring my card in the next day (I had to go yo work after my apt). That offer was refused and the original policy was affirmed. I was a family patient at this clinic, and surely the form I signed releasing my information was sufficient to bill OHIP without all the unnecessary strife.

Instead of finding a mutually satisfying alternative, I was met with anunbending "this is our policy" in a cold monotonous voice with no eye contact as she continued to type at her computer. Your staff was rigid, unflexible and completely lacking in compassion. I am a student who travels to your clinic because all of the positives in the past had outweighed the negative. But this negative experience will disproportionately stand out in my memory and I will never return to your clinic. I've had 3 family doctors in my life (not including your clinic) and a forgotten health card happened occasionally. But I was never refused treatment or asked to pay out of pocket for a service. The basic tenets of our healthcare system are universality and accessibility, but the basic tenets of humanity should be compassion and kindness: your staff need a lesson in all of those.

I hope you are able to train your front staff to better represent your clinic; as the first point of contact some people may never get past the rude exterior to discover the wonderful staff within. I'm sorry that I won't get to experience the good parts of being a patient at your clinic.
Vanessa / May 7, 2014 at 10:24 am
I am very surprised that infinity is on this list... After reading the reviews at http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/3198452/Dr-Suneel-Sharman-Toronto-ON.html
For dr. Suneel Sharman. Horrible experience with him, he is arrogant and doesn't have manners... He doesn't care... How can blogto rate this clinic #2 with this kind of drs?
Sara / May 9, 2014 at 04:39 pm
I just moved here and wondering if anybody's had experience in the Etobicoke area from http://www.walk-in-clinic-toronto.com because there's not much comment there.
Brianna / May 29, 2014 at 03:52 pm
Stay away from One Stop Medical in Scarborough.
They say they are open until 4pm on Sundays but once you go there they are "closed".

Here's my experience with them.

Tried to go there on a Friday around 6:30pm but they said they were closed (and the close time is a 7pm).

Tried to go there on the Sunday at 12:40pm and they said they were closed! They only opened at 11am and the door says the closing time is 4pm! When I asked why, the receptionist told me because they were full (mind you only two families were in the waiting room). I told her the waiting room was empty and she said "I told the other patients to go and come back". She also said "The doctor doesn't take anyone after 12:30pm".

Ummm I don't see how that even makes sense because the clinic is closed at 4pm and they just opened at 11am.

I have avoided this clinic for years and the early closures just threw me off even more. I would NEVER waste my time going there ever again.

Please stay away from that place.
They have unreliable hours and could really screw you over if you need serious medical attention.

I even tried to file a complaint on them and there is no phone number to reach anyone besides the receptionist. Emailing them a complaint is no help either because it also goes to the receptionist.

Toronto Doctor House Calls / August 14, 2014 at 03:49 pm
you did a great job in this post, its really helpful for me...
Scott / August 20, 2014 at 03:07 pm
You really cannot be serious about the Albany Medical Clinic. Worse clinic in Toronto! Especially the dermatology dept. Receptionists there are not only rude but incompetent, do not know how to communicate with the public. I have lodged 3 complaints about them over the years. The doctors there are useless and if you do not visit the doctors for more than a year they make you get a referral. The whole health care system is a joke and Albany Medical Clinic is one of the biggest jokes to Toronto.
Denv / August 27, 2014 at 05:13 pm
I'm surprised East Liberty Medical clinic is on this list. All you have to do is google the clinic's reviews and you'll see how awful they are. Yelp gives it a 2.5 out of 5 star. I personally have gone there and had nothing but bad experiences. I will never be back and I now travel and extra 20 minutes just to get better health care down the road. I would never recommend this place to anyone! From the incompetent Dr. that have a record of misdiagnosing patients, to their cash grab attitude to the horrendously rude receptionists to their over prescribing and referrals that reinforce that they are there to make money over treat their patients. The list goes on and one.
Mike / September 4, 2014 at 03:29 pm
Don't even think about going to Earl Bales. When I called and asked about wait times the person told me there was no one waiting. When I got there 10 minutes later there were 6 patients who had been waiting for over an hour. I was then told my wait time would be 30 minutes and it turned out to be over 2 hours. And they say they have 6 doctors on staff but when I was there, during a weekday, there was only 1. I guess it is still golf season. Any place is better than this one. DON'T GO THERE!!!
Erica / September 27, 2014 at 09:52 am
Are you kidding me? Earl bales walk in clinic is the worst ever i've been. What kind of clinic system is this? A woman doctor who was wearing the most skimpy dress without the doctor gown. I felt disgusted to see her boobs while she checked my symptom.
Mimi replying to a comment from Sagar / October 13, 2014 at 09:51 am
Unfortunately I have to agree...
I went to the clinic after an injury (should have gone to the emergency room now that I look back) and after 2 months doing treatments I realized that Dr. Riskallah might not be the specialist in the field he said he was (as he started to sell me on things totally unrelated to my issue).
The wrong diagnosis ended up prolonging a surgery that was probably needed immediately.
kate / October 13, 2014 at 12:44 pm
I can't agree with Infinity being on this list. I had a rash on my arm and the doctor told me I was getting old (I'm 26) and that he thought the rash was serious enough that they would have to amputate my arm. I laughed because I thought the guy was joking (come on - both statements were ridiculous!) and I was chastised and told to take my declining health more seriously. He accused me of IV drug use (most definitely not the case), the nurse who took my blood samples after this encounter made me look like an IV drug user (she couldn't find the vein that was in pretty plain sight) and the antibiotics were way overpriced at his brother's pharmacy next door. Overall - pretty bad experience. That Doctor that owns Infinity is an absolute prick and should limit his practice to the morgue with that bedside manner.
Karie / October 13, 2014 at 02:57 pm
Kate, your comment from October 13, 2014 is shocking-and hilarious! That doctor should be reported to the College of Physicians and Surgeons before he really hurts someone!! My Thanksgiving Day chuckle at your expense...
Stacie / October 13, 2014 at 11:59 pm
The on-site Pharmacy at INFINITY is the best I've been to. The Pharmacists are professional, accurate and extremely knowlegeable. I have moved my Shoppers Drug Mart prescriptions, my husband's prescriptions (when he has any) and even my parents' prescriptions to the INFINITY PHARMACY at 39 Simcoe. I value the Pharmacists' practical advice, quick service, confidentiality and especially their professionalism. It doesn't hurt that the pharmacy is attached to a clinic, and is located right downtown. A positive review from me!