Friday, April 18, 2014Mostly Cloudy 6°C

Condo of the week: 2181 Yonge Street

Posted by Sarah Ratchford / May 15, 2013

2181 Yonge Street TorontoThis penthouse suite is perched atop 2181 Yonge St., in the middle of condo-heavy Yonge and Eglinton. Just shy of $4 million, this place would be a great option for the shopaholic in your life, as it looks exactly like a boutique where they would sell things like diamond-studded shoes. I want to bash this kind of opulent living, but let's face it, I'm just jealous. There, I said it on the interwebs. This glittery condo is stunning, the perfect place to dream — and to store your unicorn collection.

The standout features here would have to be the incredible amounts of natural light and the washroom pictured below. If my lowly blogger self could gain access to this urban palace, I would throw pool parties in that tub with all of my vagabond companions. No question.

2181 Yonge Street Toronto

SPECS

Address: 2181 Yonge St.
Price: $3,995,000
Square Footage: 3,600
Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms/half baths: 5
Storeys: 1
Parking Spaces: Parking available, spaces N/A.
Fireplaces: N/A
Monthly Maintenance: N/A
Building Amenities: Concierge, guest suite, gym, sauna, pool, media room, games room.

2181 Yonge Street TorontoNOTABLE FEATURES

• Walk-in additional apartments closets
  • "Breathtaking galleries of onyx, lacquer and marble"
  • Actually beautiful views
  • Super-original stainless steel appliances

2181 Yonge Street TorontoGOOD FOR

The Real Housewives of TO. People who only drink clear liquids, like vodka. (One and the same? I feel like there's a lot of crossover here). And people who adhere to the rule, "No brown food" (SATC, anyone?)

2181 Yonge Street TorontoMOVE ON IF

You like your wine red and your milk chocolate. You like paint. And character.

ADDITIONAL IMAGES

2181 Yonge Street Toronto2181 Yonge Street Toronto2181 Yonge Street Toronto2181 Yonge Street TorontoIf you had the dough, would you buy this home?

Read more posts in this series via our Toronto condos and lofts Pinterest board.

TJ / May 15, 2013 at 09:11 am
I love the floors of this place. But then there are some odd random decoration items such as hideous accent rugs (which look cheap and old) and a deer-head on the wall.
I would buy this place if I could afford it and simply remove those hideous items.
4ChanApologist / May 15, 2013 at 09:19 am
At least we know the building is accessible, since the person who lived here and decorated was obviously blind.
Bloory / May 15, 2013 at 09:33 am
Can't argue with that view and all the light.
Shan / May 15, 2013 at 09:38 am
Love all the natural light.. and the floors, why cover them with those ugly rugs?
Cyril Sneer / May 15, 2013 at 09:58 am
I don't understand the obsession with windows everywhere / "all that natural light!". Its one of those things that one romantacises about how nice it must be, but in reality, it makes for really difficult temperature control, accelerates fading of your fabrics, and having direct sunlight in your face, everywhere, gets old fast.
Jeff / May 15, 2013 at 10:44 am
I like it, but too much white for my taste. That said, if i am buying a condo for 4 million, i can spend 60K to change the colour of the kitchen and paint the walls.
DA / May 15, 2013 at 10:56 am
is this real life?
it kind of looks like a condo you would see in Miami or Atlanta
Poopdawg replying to a comment from Cyril Sneer / May 15, 2013 at 11:48 am
Yes, if only there was some sort of space aged invention that could cover a window at your convenience.
N. replying to a comment from TJ / May 15, 2013 at 12:07 pm
those are persian rugs you ignorant fuck
Cyril Sneer replying to a comment from Poopdawg / May 15, 2013 at 12:33 pm
Yes, the point is that you'll just end up covering everything with blinds anyway; so the obsession with sunlight everywhere is a kind of false idol.
me replying to a comment from Cyril Sneer / May 15, 2013 at 01:26 pm
it's not "false idol". with lots of natural light (in simple terms, windows), you have the option of lowering the blinds or not; without lots of natural light (or walls, if that helps you understand), you only have one option...no natural light. i have all the blinds in my place open now, quite enjoying the natural light.
Graby / May 15, 2013 at 03:20 pm
You guys made a unicorn joke last week as well.

Lame.
darren / May 15, 2013 at 03:51 pm
Is the owner single or need a sexy 31 yo male companion?? : D
duder replying to a comment from DA / May 15, 2013 at 04:45 pm
yes cause we all know that Atlanta has the best condos
n / May 15, 2013 at 06:30 pm
oh yeah, that's the crappy 2 towers at the corner. i'd never buy there, your fees are going to skyrocket.
obsession with windows? if you like open windows so much, why not go outside?
me replying to a comment from n / May 18, 2013 at 02:39 pm
windowless boxes are awesome!