NXNE Audio & Video: Ghost Bees, Krupke, Evening Hymns, The Balconies, The Mountains and The Trees, Gold Lake, Styrofoam Ones and more
This week's NXNE themed A/V round-up features a new music video from The Balconies; live videos from Ghost Bees, Iggy Pop, Gold Lake, The Mountains and The Trees and Drive Like Maria; and mp3 downloads from Evening Hymns, Krupke, Styrofoam Ones, The Raveonettes, Amos the Transparent, Olenka & the Autumn Lovers, Volcanoless in Canada, Rock Plaza Central and more.
- Sign up for a spam-free Zunior account to download a 13 track sampler highlighting all of the bands that are playing the NXNE Showcase on Thursday night at the Gladstone Hotel, featuring songs from Volcanoless in Canada, The Mountains & the Trees, Olenka and the Autumn Lovers, Rock Plaza Central, The Coast, A Horse and His Boy and Amos The Transparent.
- Grab a free MP3 of a demo version of Evening Hymns' song "Dead Deer" via mediafire. Don't miss your chance to check them out before they head out on a cross-Canadian tour next month -- Evening Hymns play the Dakota on Friday night at midnight after opening sets from The Wheat Pool, David Myles, Old Man Luedecke and T. Nile Band.
- Download "Blue Lines" by Toronto's own Styrofoam Ones (MP3). They play NOW Magazine's Gladstone Hotel showcase on Friday night, taking to the stage at 1am before sets from the NOW DJs and Torro Torro.
- Courtesy of iheartmusic.net, download two tracks from Krupke's new LP The Pony You Always Wanted Died Today: "Monday" (MP3) and "My Dearest Fergie, I'm So Sorry I Haven't Called" (MP3). Catch them during NXNE on Thursday at The Boat with Modernboys Moderngirls and EX~PO or on Saturday night at Rancho Relaxo with The Darcys and The Winks.
- Download an MP3 of "Last Dance," the first single from The Raveonettes forthcoming LP In and Out of Control, due for release on October 6. The Danish duo will open up for Iggy and the Stooges at Yonge Dundas Square on Saturday night.
The Mountains and The Trees (Newfoundland) - Brixton Sessions #010: 'Untitled'
The Mountains + The Trees play the aforementioned NXEW showcase at the Gladstone on Thursday.
The Balconies (Ottawa/Toronto, ON) - "Serious Bedtime" (Official Video)
The Balconies will play the Audio Blood CN Tower Gala tonight with Hollerado and The Meligrove Band.
GOLD LAKE (Brooklyn, NY) - "You Waste Your Eyes" (presented by Madrid Heights)
Brooklyn pop-rockers Gold Lake will play at least four NXNE shows: Yonge Dundas Square at 1pm on Thursday, C'est What at 11pm on Friday, the NOW Lounge at 11pm on Saturday and at the closing NXNE showcase at Wrongbar on Sunday night.
Iggy Pop (Michigan, USA) - "I Wanna Be Your Dog" (Live in Brussels, 2006)
Festival headliners Iggy and the Stooges are the headlining act of Saturday's all-day outdoor concert at Yonge-Dundas Square. They'll hit the stage at 9:30pm after a set from The Raveonettes.
Ghost Bees (Halifax, NS) - "Ashkelon" (shot 03/2009 in Vienna)
Ghost Bees play two NXNE gigs on Friday night - first as part of the NOW showcase at 9pm at The Gladstone, followed by a midnight set a C'est What.
Drive Like Maria (Belgium/Netherlands) - SXSW/NXNE 2010 Showcasing Band
Drive Like Maria play the Bovine Sex Cub on Friday and The Hideout on Saturday.
For nightly NXNE concert picks, check out my NXNE preview.
Join the conversation Load comments