Thanks for your interest in joining Toronto's source for local news, restaurant reviews, event listings and the best of the city. Our site currently reaches about 2.9 million users a month, plus more on social media. In 2017 we received more than 150 million page views.
Our office is near Queen and University and we can't wait to meet you.
Before you apply for any of the jobs below, make sure you're following us on our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and @blogto on Snapchat and IGTV), subscribed to our podcast and downloaded our app (iOS, Android). We want to make sure you're familiar with our entire product offering.
All permanent full time positions come with benefits like health, dental and vacation days.
We're also accepting freelance pitches.
Current job openings at blogTO
The following jobs are currently available. There is no deadline to apply. We will remove the listing from this page once the job has been filled.
We're looking for an Assignment Editor to work closely with our staff of content creators to break news, write feature articles, cover events and local businesses, produce videos and podcasts. This is a full time position in our Toronto office.
- Oversee our breaking news desk by surfacing and assigning time-sensitive articles to our team for quick turnaround.
- Work with content creators on evaluating, assigning and shaping article, video and podcast ideas, setting expectations and deadlines.
- Provide mentorship, edit copy, fine tune headlines, source and format photos and multimedia, package content for publication according to the site's style and formatting guidelines.
- Monitor web and social media analytics and adjust content strategies accordingly.
- At least 3 years of journalism experience as a writer, reporter, copy editor and/or editor, preferably with news, culture or lifestyle related content at a digital media publication.
- Bachelor or Masters of Journalism degree preferred.
- Strong writing and grammar skills and the ability to enforce the site's style and formatting guidelines.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Canadian Press style guidelines.
- An understanding of what makes content compelling and sharable.
- Expert knowledge of Toronto across a range of subject areas including food, music, film, fashion, the arts, real estate and more.
- Active user of Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and IGTV.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud applications especially Photoshop for photo editing.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SEO, web and social media analytics.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work unconventional hours, evenings and weekends as applicable.
- Must have lived in Toronto for a minimum of 10 years.
How to apply
Please send an email to jobs [at] blogto [dotcom] with the following information.
- Your name, email and phone number.
- Tell us what neighbourhood in Toronto you currently live and number of years you’ve lived in the city.
- Explain to us why you’re interested in and qualified for this role.
- Provide a link to your LinkedIn or online CV.
- Provide a sample portfolio of writing and editing via a web or social media link.
- Provide links to personal/professional social media handles as applicable.
- Detail your compensation expectations and first available start date.