Have you missed our Street Style? Today we're thrilled to officially announce our new Toronto Street Style section. As you'll notice, the section looks a lot different - both from the rest of the blogTO site as well as from what you're used to from our Street Style coverage. Here are some of the key changes we made. Hopefully you'll agree with us that they're big improvements.
- Street Style now has its own section of the site. Previously, we posted all our Street Style coverage in our Fashion section but this made it difficult to find all the older Street Style posts. Now that they're organized in one dedicated section of the site we hope you'll find it a lot easier to find and browse photos.
- Improved commenting system. We now support comments on individual photos instead of on entire collections which means it's easier to have a focused discussion about a particular outfit. But you'll need to login first. It's easy. Really. You don't need to create a username or password but instead simply connect to your Facebook account. We use the same profile information you may have already setup in our iPhone and iPad apps.
- You can now rate photos. Because sometimes you might like someone's style but don't have much to say. Now you can rate someone's outfit as a Hit or a Miss and sort photos on the site to see which ones are the top rated.
- Larger photos. One of the common feature requests we received about our previous Street Style coverage was to be able to view photos larger. Now you can.
- Tagging. Our photographers now tag photos with tags like leather, burgundy or hat which makes it easier to look up photos for specific themes or items you're interested in.
- Street Style vs. Party Style. We now categorize our photos by whether they were taken at a party or on the street.
We hope you like the changes. We'll be adding some links to the section from the main site soon so you always know how to find it. Please add your comments and feedback below. We'd like to know what you think about our new approach to Street Style and welcome any suggestions for how we can continue to improve this feature on the site.
Now, go take a look around. We've been busy taking photos on the street and at events over the past month or so. Here are some of the most recent collections: