Toronto Food Events rounds up the most anticipated events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food-related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- TOCA's Cheese Cave Event Series is on Saturday, January 9 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at TOCA (181 Wellington Street West). This month's event will feature cheese fondue paired with scotch and more. Tickets are $45 per person.
- Lot 40 Canadian Whisky Month continues at The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen Street West) on January 11 starting at 8 p.m. Ivy Knight and Canadian Whisky Ambassador Dave Mitton co-host the cocktail battle between Sarah Fiore of Buca, Jon Vettraino of The Commodore, and Luke Kennedy of Jump.
- BevLab presents a winter workshop on Tuesday, January 12 at the Future Food Studio (35 Mowat Avenue). Happening from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., participants will be guided through a laboratory of tools to develop original ideas for the future of beverages while exploring the science of flavour. Tickets are $60.
- Tickets are on sale now for Chefs for Change. The event will take place over five nights: January 21 and 28, February 18 and 25, and March 3. 40 chefs from across Canada will come together at Propeller Coffee Co. (50 Wade Avenue) to present collaboratively prepared meals in support of Community Food Centres Canada. Tickets are $125, which gets you a four-course dinner with cocktails.
- Sicilian chef Pino Cuttaia of La Madia joins Rob Gentile at Buca Yorkville (53 Scollard Street) on February 4 for the next installment of Sotto una buona stella (Under a lucky star). It's a six-part dinner series presented by The King Street Food Company in partnership with the Consulate General of Italy, the Istituto Italiano di Cultura, the Italian Trade Commission and George Brown College's Centre for Hospitality and Culinary Arts. Tickets are $300.
Know of a Toronto food event coming up? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo via BevLab.