Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Food Truck Fest Ontario is on this Sunday, September 21 at Ontario Place from 1 to 8pm. General admission is $10 and tickets are available online.
- Toronto Garlic Festival at Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Ave.) kicks off at 9am on Sunday, September 21 and runs until 5pm. Admission is $5 (kids under 12 go for free) for the harvest festival, which features garlic-themed foods prepared by local chefs, craft beer, a garlic breath contest, a garlic shot station, cooking demos, and more.
- Spaghetti Western takes place at Cold Tea (60 Kensington Ave.) this Sunday, September 2 from 3:30pm onwards.
- 86 Mondays at The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen St. West) presents the 6th annual Madcap Pickle Championship on Monday, September 22 from 8pm onward. Admission is free, and entries from both pros and amateurs will be judged and devoured.
- Cafe Bar Pasta (1588 Dundas St. West) presents The Pig & The Pasta on Wednesday, September 24 from 6pm to 10:30pm. The promotion, in collaboration with Boehmer, will offer diners a choice of six dishes from $15 to $24, a 100-lb. pig on a spit and the newly launched beer from Cameron's Brewing.
- Canada's Baking and Sweets Show is fast approaching, taking place Friday, September 26 to Sunday, September 28 at the Toronto Congress Centre (650 Dixon Rd.). The Wizard of Oz-themed show, featuring headliners Fabio Viviani, Anna Olson and master baker Ron Ben-Israel, will offer visitors the chance to design their own cupcakes, take part in workshops and indulge their sweet tooth. Single day admission admission is $15 per adult and $10 for seniors and students, while the three-day pass is on for $30.
- Tickets ($150) are on sale now for the Evergreen Urban Rodeo and BBQ happening on Saturday, September 27 from 7:30pm to midnight at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Ave.). The fundraising event will feature carnival games, mechanical bull rides, live music, and, of course, all-inclusive food stations.
Photo of Burgatory by Jesse Milns (look for them at Food Truck Fest Ontario).