10 things we hope Toronto gets in 2017
'Tis the season for wish lists. While the jury might be out on whether Toronto has been naughty or nice this year, there's plenty to hope for in 2017. In the spirit of dreaming big and faith in optimistic redemption, here's a list of things that would make Toronto a better place next year, from our transit options to our parks to our bars and nightclubs.
1. The Toronto Blue Jays, led by Edwin Encarnacion and Joey Bautista, bring home the 2017 World Series pennant.
2. Rail Deck Park inches toward reality as Toronto successfully purchases the air rights for the land on which it'll be built.
3. Toronto decides to try out 4 a.m. last call as part of a six month pilot project.
4. The TTC follows suit and extends subway service to 4:30 a.m. Thursday through Saturday.
5. Trader Joe's announces its expansion into the Toronto market.
6. Miraculously, the PRESTO system actually works.
7. Toronto finally decides it'll be cheaper in the long run to tear down the Gardiner Expressway.
8. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau signs a cheque for $5 billion in funding for a relief subway line in Toronto.
9. Plans for the second phase of Ontario Place's revitalization are revealed, and there isn't a condo in sight.
10. Drake announces that the 8th annual OVO Fest will be a massive free festival in celebration of Toronto.
Join the conversation Load comments