10 signs you grew up in Oakville
Ask anybody who claims they're from Toronto about where they grew up, and most will cautiously admit they're from one of the suburbs. Frankly, it's just easier (and way cooler) to say you're from Toronto. But the truth is growing up outside the city offered a completely otherworldly experience. Anyone who did their time in Oakville knows exactly what I mean.
Here are 10 signs you grew up in Oakville.
1. You've been to a bush party in one of the many ravines, or in Lion's Valley. Bonus points if the cops showed up and chased you away.
2. You've spotted Donovan Bailey, Pinball Clemons, Ron MacLean, or Tom Cochrane shopping at Oakville Place.
3. You jumped off the Lakeshore bridge into 16 Mile Creek, or laughed at someone who did.
4. You bought and sold used CDs from Cactus Records on Kerr.
5. You remember Arnold's pre-renovation, before they ditched the video games.
6. You still say Sharkey's on Lakeshore had the best patio in town before they tore it down to build condos.
7. You knew to visit Filthy McNasty's on Tuesdays and Thursdays and The Oar House (now Boston Pizza) on Wednesdays.
8. You remember Sheridan before Disney bought out their curriculum and went construction crazy.
9. You remember the Famous Players in Oakville Town Centre 2 (now Staples).
10. You know what OTMH stands for.
What signs did I miss? Add your suggestions to the comments.
Writing by Matt Prokaziuk
Join the conversation Load comments