NewMindSpace: Night Lights
Have you ever looked up in the late evening in Toronto, into the black void that we call our night sky and thought something was missing... How about all those stars!
New Mind Space is fighting back against the light pollution and attempting to beautify our sky for one night, with massive artificial starlight installations!
I'm not exactly sure what's in store, but New Mind Space rarely disappoints, so I'm sure it will be an interesting event... and it's free so swing by and check it out.
Friday November 10th 2006, 7:07pm - 11:59pm
15 King's College Circle Lawn (North of College & McCaul)
From The NewMindSpace web page:
1. Stars Hundreds of LED's will be suspended from helium balloons to create an artificial starscape, creating our own constellations and a twinkling Milky Way that should be visible for miles.
2. String of Diamonds Long strings of LED's will be suspended from weather balloons. As the wind and participants move the cords, the strings will appear to glitter.
3. Faeries Much like the shoes hanging from our telephone wires, pairs of LED's will be strung together and hung from trees like couples of faeries.
4. (fly)light by Pearl Chen An animatrix sphere of 500 green LED's. website
5. The Rothko Institute will light you up with 1,000 glowing bracelets!
Join the conversation Load comments