logo_run.JPG

CIBC Run for the Cure

Are you taking part in the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation run on Sunday, October 2nd? If you haven't thought about it, now would be a good time, so you can start fundraising. Not a runner? You can still donate to the CBCF or volunteer for events leading up to and during the run.

Oh, or you can buy this necklace.

pic11.JPG

In case the reasons why this is a good idea aren't immediately obvious, the CBCF works with the Canadian Breast Cancer Research Alliance to provide funds to medical research, advocacy groups, treatment, and educational programs. The CBCF also manages to give 90% of donations (tax deductible, of course), so only the remaining 10% is used for admin and fundraising ventures (granted, ten percent of a million is still a lot, but there are a lot of fundraising groups that keep a lot more than that - like those breast cancer m&ms? 50 cents per package (and they don't mean the little ones).

You can also look out for fundraising events to support Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada, the Relay for Life from the Canadian Cancer Society, or donate to the Prostate Cancer Research Foundation of Canada.


Join the conversation Load comments

Latest in City

These are the vaccination rates in Toronto by neighbourhood

A neighbourhood depot for free food had to be shut down after somebody complained

These are the rules for the Victoria Day long weekend in Ontario during lockdown

At least 21 Toronto stores have been robbed and vandalized in the last month

Doug Ford calls out Canada's two-tiered border measures that don't apply to private jets

Doug Ford announces extension of current Ontario lockdown orders

The distancing circles are back at Trinity Bellwoods Park and here's how much each one costs

People are obsessed with this Toronto raccoon video game and it hasn't even launched yet